How to Get Gameloft Games to Work on Vivid

Search This thread

cruzin_cruzing

Dec 30, 2010
NOTE: This does require that you purchase the game on the market first

1. Install Chrome and get the extension APK Downloader found here
http://codekiem.com/2012/02/24/apk-downloader/

2. Transfer APK to phone

3. Install and open app and it should recognize the device and download required files

Will add more games to the list as tested

Tested on:
Asphalt 6 Adrenaline HD

Not Working:
Backstab HD

Last edited:

dizzyraider

Jan 9, 2007
Huntington Beach, CA
What if we already paid for an app that doesnt work with the vivid. How do we get it on the vivid?

The method mentioned above works for some is because those apps actually do work for the Vivid, just that the developer may have not updated the compatibility list. But if the app is actually not compatible, then there really isn't any way to make it happen besides sending a request to app developer for adding support.

haggardh

Feb 1, 2011
Memphis, TN
Its asphalt 6 which I thought this extension worked for. If not I shall wait for it to become compatible.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

cruzin_cruzing

Dec 30, 2010
Its asphalt 6 which I thought this extension worked for. If not I shall wait for it to become compatible.

Yeah I tried it on Asphalt and it did work. This is the only work around I know of that can get you the official working game legitimately.

haggardh

Feb 1, 2011
Memphis, TN
Someone said I can email gameloft with my order numbers. And they'll send me special apks. So I tried that. No response yet. Big company so ill know soon if they actually do that.

Sent from my HTC Vivid

M

mike123475

Does order and chaos work

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
Hey guys, just a little input. I haven't tried any of my gameloft games on the Vivid, I did notice they didn't show up in the market. I had the same issue with my HTC flyer tablet. All you have to do is e-mail Gameloft and tell them the issue and they'll e-mail you a direct download link to the game.

plaster

Nov 11, 2007
Houston
I got Gameloft to email me a "working" version of asphalt 6. It plays fine and runs fluid. Problem is, there is some horrible graphic glitches. Instead of rendering smoke, light beams or pretty much anything translucent, it renders the bounding box. On a few tracks where there is fog or sun burst, the game is nearly unplayable.

cyapalmpos

Feb 12, 2011
I got the apk installer working no problems. Works for free games, but not my purchased games. I go to Asphalt 6 and the button to download the apk doesn't show but if I go to the free version, it shows. Did ya'll get it to work on any paid games and if so, how?

cruzin_cruzing

Dec 30, 2010
I got the apk installer working no problems. Works for free games, but not my purchased games. I go to Asphalt 6 and the button to download the apk doesn't show but if I go to the free version, it shows. Did ya'll get it to work on any paid games and if so, how?

It used to work, but a later update of the extension disabled it.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2