[MOD/TOOL] FlashBack - Flashable Backups

Search This thread

smokin1337

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2010
Virginia
This is a simple tool that will make a flashable backup of your apps.

It only backs up the apps no data, yet. There are alot of ways to do this but this one actually makes a flashable zip file and puts it on you sdcard.

Just flash FlashBack-Installer.zip and open up terminal and type

su

Then type

apps

Run the backup (It takes a minute before it starts going)

Then flash your new rom or whatever and right after flash FlashBack.zip to restore your apps.

Saves alot of time for people who do alot of flashing like me. And this should work with most devices if not all of them. It uses busybox to mount the drives in the updater-script files.

I will be adding more to this so post any ideas or feedback you have.

Attachments

• FlashBack-Installer.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 265

Orical

May 22, 2011
Boston
This works awesome, I know there are other things out there for this but this is so much easier. Thanks for the release man.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Sorry about the double post but works on My Touch 4G (Official MIUI TDJ Release).

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
I got a message that said CD: NOT FOUND like right away. No delay after starting it.

It created a .zip file, but nothing was in it.

Am I doing something wrong?

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
Ya this is very useful and fast. When data can be backed up titanium will sit to the side

It works now in conjunction with titanium. Titanium works quickly to restore data.

If this thing puts the apps back, titanium can restore the data much easier than it is to restore the apps with titanium.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a simple tool that will make a flashable backup of your apps.

It only backs up the apps no data, yet. There are alot of ways to do this but this one actually makes a flashable zip file and puts it on you sdcard.

Just flash FlashBack-Installer.zip and open up terminal and type

su

Then type

apps

Run the backup (It takes a minute before it starts going)

Then flash your new rom or whatever and right after flash FlashBack.zip to restore your apps.

Saves alot of time for people who do alot of flashing like me. And this should work with most devices if not all of them. It uses busybox to mount the drives in the updater-script files.

I will be adding more to this so post any ideas or feedback you have.