[ROM][PORT][MIUI]Pikachu Edition 2.Xy

Search This thread

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
I've noticed a few (literally) dls of the English Translation. Anybody translating\need help with it??? I'd like to know so I can finally release a final, among other things now...

Reactions: mataflakitas

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Wow skeevy420 goods news... wiui pikachu hibrido wating....thanks skeevy420

Other than 1 tiny issue I'm about to fix it works great, maybe better than Pikachu -- the Wifi taking a bit longer to connect is gone with Wiui (if anyone ever noticed that). I pm'd Tweety and Wajk to ask permission from them to use both of their hard work before I post anything.

mataflakitas

Aug 26, 2010
nuevo leon
Other than 1 tiny issue I'm about to fix it works great, maybe better than Pikachu -- the Wifi taking a bit longer to connect is gone with Wiui (if anyone ever noticed that). I pm'd Tweety and Wajk to ask permission from them to use both of their hard work before I post anything.

where I can download pikachu skeevy420 hybrid....:D

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Unlisted, but test1 is at Miui Page at Rom Mirror. I wouldn't bother looking for it. There's a bug where the volume won't change. I know the cause of the problem. About to test a fix.

Tweety gave the OK with it. Waiting on Wajk's permission to use his Wiui apk's; then I'll probably be ready for a final release.

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Currnet state of MIUI\WIUI\v4 porting

Been busy the last week. Made a WIUI and a WIUI v4 port. WIUI port suffers from the WIFI bug -- wifi hangs on obtaining ip address, and WIUI v4 port is buggy and not worth using (no disrespect to Wajk, but its based on Quarx March 08 which is old and outdated) until the CM9 base can be updated. I know that both me and short_sam have been working separately on WIUI v4 ports with no good results other than they can now boot.

Merging WIUI v4 with any Quarx Bravo CM9 results in boot up hanging at netd. I think that the error is with egl, but I'm not 100% positive. It that's the case, then porting WIUI v4 to a newer Quarx rom is pointless since we'd lose hwui with having to use the old gl drivers before it hwui was stable.

IF Pikachu is installed first and the the rom is updated to WIUI GB with no data wipe, the wifi bug is non-existent. Made me think the problem is with WIUI Settings.apk. I was going to release last thrusday, but that's when I found the WIFI bug and haven't been able to fix it. Replacing WIUI settings with Pikachu settings didn't fix the problem. Other than the no wifi its a good rom; but I don't want to release a rom with no wifi.

As far as patchrom MIUI goes, I only have 4 smali errors left in android.policy.jar to figure out, and a ton left in framework.jar and services.jar -- nowhere near done, but at least I'm getting somewhere with it. I almost want to wait until the next CM9 drops before going any farther...

What sucks is I damn near rewrote the Pikachu Aroma scripting for WIUI (& again with v4) and can't release either cause wifi is broke or just buggy. I may just update Pikachu with my updated Aroma scripting -- has some bugfixes, new apps, oc settings, fixed sio in the bootmenu, touch bootmenu, touch recovery, updated apps, etc...

The biggest difference between WIUI 2.5.27 and Pikachu 2.4.20 is the Multilanguage aspect of WIUI, other than that, they're pretty much the same. GB miui hasn't been updated since 2.4.20 (maybe earlier).

Hopefully Quarx will release an updated CM9, been a lot of activity at github lately, and the newer Defy CM9's have some neat features I'd like to use on a non-ported rom.

mataflakitas

Aug 26, 2010
nuevo leon
Been busy the last week. Made a WIUI and a WIUI v4 port. WIUI port suffers from the WIFI bug -- wifi hangs on obtaining ip address, and WIUI v4 port is buggy and not worth using (no disrespect to Wajk, but its based on Quarx March 08 which is old and outdated) until the CM9 base can be updated. I know that both me and short_sam have been working separately on WIUI v4 ports with no good results other than they can now boot.

Merging WIUI v4 with any Quarx Bravo CM9 results in boot up hanging at netd. I think that the error is with egl, but I'm not 100% positive. It that's the case, then porting WIUI v4 to a newer Quarx rom is pointless since we'd lose hwui with having to use the old gl drivers before it hwui was stable.

IF Pikachu is installed first and the the rom is updated to WIUI GB with no data wipe, the wifi bug is non-existent. Made me think the problem is with WIUI Settings.apk. I was going to release last thrusday, but that's when I found the WIFI bug and haven't been able to fix it. Replacing WIUI settings with Pikachu settings didn't fix the problem. Other than the no wifi its a good rom; but I don't want to release a rom with no wifi.

As far as patchrom MIUI goes, I only have 4 smali errors left in android.policy.jar to figure out, and a ton left in framework.jar and services.jar -- nowhere near done, but at least I'm getting somewhere with it. I almost want to wait until the next CM9 drops before going any farther...

What sucks is I damn near rewrote the Pikachu Aroma scripting for WIUI (& again with v4) and can't release either cause wifi is broke or just buggy. I may just update Pikachu with my updated Aroma scripting -- has some bugfixes, new apps, oc settings, fixed sio in the bootmenu, touch bootmenu, touch recovery, updated apps, etc...

The biggest difference between WIUI 2.5.27 and Pikachu 2.4.20 is the Multilanguage aspect of WIUI, other than that, they're pretty much the same. GB miui hasn't been updated since 2.4.20 (maybe earlier).

Hopefully Quarx will release an updated CM9, been a lot of activity at github lately, and the newer Defy CM9's have some neat features I'd like to use on a non-ported rom.

thank you skeevy420 always brings something new to our brave but keep waiting for new contributions by skeevy420....:D

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
For the fun of it, I tried patchrom on Skank 0610 and ended up with the same damn errors in the end (for android.policy.jar anyways) -- all on PhoneWindowManager.smali. Looks like I need to join miuiandroid and get help from them. Once I can get that file figured out, I'll be 1\3 the way through on having a working MIUI v4 rom, or 1\3 closer to finishing the patchrom process anyways.

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
In case anyone is interested, here you can find the PDroid app fully translated to Spanish.

Thanks. If you don't mind, I'd like to add that into CM7 in the near future.

Have you had any success getting Pdroid to work on CM9\10? I've followed those guides and scripts by the letter with no success (they patch correctly, but the app itself complains of the wrong android version).

enko2012

Aug 15, 2012
I downloaded the files and want to translate them to Chinese. I can read the English ,but i can't translate them into perfect Chinese .I think the words you wrote in the files is simple enough for most users in China.
Maybe the only I can do is thank and support you for working on Bravo.
Good night.

Sent from my MB520 using xda app-developers app

J_M_V_S

Mar 11, 2012
Buenos Aires
www.hsws.com.ar
LBE Security Master on ICS/JB

Thanks. If you don't mind, I'd like to add that into CM7 in the near future.

Have you had any success getting Pdroid to work on CM9\10? I've followed those guides and scripts by the letter with no success (they patch correctly, but the app itself complains of the wrong android version).

Yeah, sure, go ahead and use it, no problem!

I really haven't tried to use PDroid on CM9/10 because I read it didn't work. I think that if svyat doesn't adapts the code for ICS/JB will never work reliably. I'm now trying Paranoid Android 2 for Defy and gave a chance to LBE Security Master 4.0.1947 by Stealhmax. Working good so far (seems harder to understand at first -specially because its English sucks-). It also combines de Data Monitor that I liked from Pikachu, so both things (and more) are present in this app. You don't need to patch the ROM. The nice thing is that instead of settings the permission before using the application you can actually use the application and if some dangerous permission is requested by the app LBE will prompt you whether you would like to allow it or not.

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Pikachu Ported and UP -- see first post

CyanogenMod.com Defy 09-09-2012 Nightly Port will be uploaded as soon as the online gaming is over :p

Tomorrow I'll port White Rabbit and hopefully WIUI JB

PA Bravo is compiling (for the 3rd time today) -- just working out the details and build errors from changing to straight PA frameworks\base -- they've all been FM related so far. Added in Quarx's & Maniac's FM commits so hopefully that'll fix it. I thought I'd be compiling the Defy Plus or MS2 by now :silly:

raul1113

Apr 18, 2012
Pereira
Can anyone tell me how good is this rom? Actually I'm using PA and I tried CM10 too. I want to know the advantages and differences of this one with the other two.

Thanks in advance.

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Can anyone tell me how good is this rom? Actually I'm using PA and I tried CM10 too. I want to know the advantages and differences of this one with the other two.

Thanks in advance.

Well, its about as stable as CM7, its Miui so it has tons of themes and gui configurations, battery life similar to 7, performance similar to 7. Basically, if you tired of CM7 cause you've used it a ton, tired of 10\PA cause they slowdown or have glitches -- this is a good option to switch to as a primary nand rom :).

If you like this rom, make sure you go to the Defy page (linked in the first post) and click Tweety's thanks button -- he doesn't have a Defy (his GF does) and he puts a lot of effort into making these roms that he doesn't even use.

I've also ported WIUI V4, but adb, tethering, and camera don't work; the button backlights cut off after the screen hasn't been touched for a few seconds; it also runs a bit hot. I'd release it, but it has some issues.

If anyone wants to port WIUI V4, all you have to do is
  1. Download the latest WIUI V4 & Quarx Bravo CM10
  2. Make a copy of WIUI
  3. open both roms with 7 zip (windows) or Archive Manager (linux)
  4. Go to /system/lib/hw and copy all the Quarx Bravo files over to WIUI
  5. Delete all the *.jordan.so files left in /system/lib/hw/
  6. go to /system/lib
  7. replace libandroidruntime.so from Quarx CM10
  8. copy libkobecamera.so from Quarx CM10
  9. Delete libbayercamera.so, liboemcamera.so, libsoccamera.so from WIUI
  10. open /system/build.prop from WIUI with Notepad+ (windows) or gedit (linux)
  11. change all MB525 to MB520
  12. change all jordan to kobe
  13. change the ro.media.capture lines like in the code box below
  14. go to /system/app and delete Torch.apk
  15. go to /system/etc in both roms
  16. copy mot_ise_imager_cfg.bin & media_profiles.xml from Quarx to Wiui
  17. delete cameraCalFileDef5M.bin (from /system/etc)
  18. go to /system/etc/motorola
  19. delete the folders bp_nvm_default and comm_drv (in Wiui)
  20. replace the deleted folders with the ones from Quarx's CM10 (that's the baseband)
  21. that's it, flash the ported rom :)

Change ro.media.capture from this
Code:
ro.media.capture.maxres=5m
ro.media.capture.flash=led
ro.media.capture.flashIntensity=41
ro.media.capture.torchIntensity=25
ro.media.capture.classification=classE

To this
Code:
ro.media.capture.maxres=3m
ro.media.capture.classification=classA

*Steps 4 & 12 are mutually exclusive -- once the files in /system/lib/hw/ are *.kobe.so, the build.prop has to be labeled as kobe instead of jordan or you won't boot.
**This is also pretty much how you port any rom from the Defy, the camera libs change from rom to rom so its kind of hit and miss -- I'm using the camrea libs from Quarx's December or January CM7 on the latest Defy port & Pika since the libs in Quarx's latest don't work.

If you like my OC settings that I use in PA\PIkachu\CM7 Port, then replace /system/bootmenu/config/overclock.conf and /system/bootmenu/script/overclock.sh with the ones from PA and go to /system/lib/modules and take cpufreq_smartass.ko and replace WIUI's smartass.ko (PA has smartassV2) :).

rticphreeze

Feb 25, 2012
Well, its about as stable as CM7, its Miui so it has tons of themes and gui configurations, battery life similar to 7, performance similar to 7. Basically, if you tired of CM7 cause you've used it a ton, tired of 10\PA cause they slowdown or have glitches -- this is a good option to switch to as a primary nand rom :).

If you like this rom, make sure you go to the Defy page (linked in the first post) and click Tweety's thanks button -- he doesn't have a Defy (his GF does) and he puts a lot of effort into making these roms that he doesn't even use.

I've also ported WIUI V4, but adb, tethering, and camera don't work; the button backlights cut off after the screen hasn't been touched for a few seconds; it also runs a bit hot. I'd release it, but it has some issues.

If anyone wants to port WIUI V4, all you have to do is
  1. Download the latest WIUI V4 & Quarx Bravo CM10
  2. Make a copy of WIUI
  3. open both roms with 7 zip (windows) or Archive Manager (linux)
  4. Go to /system/lib/hw and copy all the Quarx Bravo files over to WIUI
  5. Delete all the *.jordan.so files left in /system/lib/hw/
  6. go to /system/lib
  7. replace libandroidruntime.so from Quarx CM10
  8. copy libkobecamera.so from Quarx CM10
  9. Delete libbayercamera.so, liboemcamera.so, libsoccamera.so from WIUI
  10. open /system/build.prop from WIUI with Notepad+ (windows) or gedit (linux)
  11. change all MB525 to MB520
  12. change all jordan to kobe
  13. change the ro.media.capture lines like in the code box below
  14. go to /system/app and delete Torch.apk
  15. go to /system/etc in both roms
  16. copy mot_ise_imager_cfg.bin & media_profiles.xml from Quarx to Wiui
  17. delete cameraCalFileDef5M.bin (from /system/etc)
  18. go to /system/etc/motorola
  19. delete the folders bp_nvm_default and comm_drv (in Wiui)
  20. replace the deleted folders with the ones from Quarx's CM10 (that's the baseband)
  21. that's it, flash the ported rom :)

Change ro.media.capture from this
Code:
ro.media.capture.maxres=5m
ro.media.capture.flash=led
ro.media.capture.flashIntensity=41
ro.media.capture.torchIntensity=25
ro.media.capture.classification=classE

To this
Code:
ro.media.capture.maxres=3m
ro.media.capture.classification=classA

*Steps 4 & 12 are mutually exclusive -- once the files in /system/lib/hw/ are *.kobe.so, the build.prop has to be labeled as kobe instead of jordan or you won't boot.
**This is also pretty much how you port any rom from the Defy, the camera libs change from rom to rom so its kind of hit and miss -- I'm using the camrea libs from Quarx's December or January CM7 on the latest Defy port & Pika since the libs in Quarx's latest don't work.

If you like my OC settings that I use in PA\PIkachu\CM7 Port, then replace /system/bootmenu/config/overclock.conf and /system/bootmenu/script/overclock.sh with the ones from PA and go to /system/lib/modules and take cpufreq_smartass.ko and replace WIUI's smartass.ko (PA has smartassV2) :).

I've tested the port and there's no sound as well. I have also found a recent build of MIUI V4 on the MIUI forums for the Defy. Can you try to port this one? http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=3870&uk=3742202480

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
I've tested the port and there's no sound as well. I have also found a recent build of MIUI V4 on the MIUI forums for the Defy. Can you try to port this one? http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=3870&uk=3742202480

The Pikachu port or Wiui port has no sound? I ran Pika yesterday and sound was working just fine.

The rom you're wanting ported has the exact same instructions as Wiui v4. All Miui v4 roms will. The only thing you might have to change is the Quarx rom you're pulling Bravo files from. Just try a Quarx CM10 from around the same release date or earlier. I'd do it, but I'm about to finish up my sources for PA and start the new builds -- It should be a lot better than the last few PA roms I released :).

Reactions: mataflakitas

mataflakitas

Aug 26, 2010
nuevo leon
Exelent...:D

Enviado desde mi SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 usando Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 AM ----------

Skevy420 you machine...:D

Enviado desde mi SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 usando Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A Port of TweetyPeety's awesome Miui Pikachu Rom

For Full Details go here

This is the same thing as the Defy version -- the only differences between the two is I removed the DX Gov Pack and integrated it like I do with PA (use the smartass bootmenu options for V2 and sio is default and noop is used if sio isn't), I used the 3\7\10 OC settings from PA, and I changed the Beats Mod to one that I use.

To download Pikachu and other Ports from the Defy as they're available go here.
    Rom's up.

Added a few bugs and suggestions to first post.

Just need to clean up the scripting then add a few (optional) apps to fill in missing functionality.

While it doesn't look like it, I've already done quite a bit to the rom: drivers, baseband, bug fixes, scripting fixes, etc..

TODO:
    Currently, I'm using the NA version of agps, since that's where I'm from. I plan on adding ALL agps versions and making them selectable in Aroma. I don't care for Tweety's method of picking agps version by the users install language.

I'd like to add in DSPManager from CM7. While I've only tested it with Beats Installed, everything worked except for the equalizer. I may completely remove Beats if DSP Manager Works w\o it, or put them in a group called Audio Mods where you can only pick one or the other (or neither).

Also adding in optional 30 step volume mod, since I prefer 30 steps over 15. Stock and 15 will still be options. Pdroid scripting is my biggest concern since they both need the same file modified. Meaning that the rom will contain 6 copies of the same file. /framework/services.jar if anyone is interested.

I'd also like to include Spanish in the final version's Aroma Installer. Volunteer Needed. Same for Chinese and German since they're the roms supported languages. I'll release the English language file before final release, then translators can do they're thing. Its really easy to translate, even a noob could do it.

Also want to add in updated bootmenu from ICS\CM7 with boosted governor preinstalled and better, working functions. Waiting on an updated Quarx release since my SIO values (found on the Bravo) are the one's being used now and not the DroidX values that the Bravo didn't have. I know that boot/2nd-init from the bootmenu doesn't work with this rom...At least 2nd-init+adb works (its more important in the long run)

I'm also going to add in and optional install(s) of No Frills, Defy Parts, other system type apps.

I'll also add in any user suggestions that don't break the rom.

@mataflakitas
    I checked out that theme you pointed out yesterday. It's nice, but the blue they use it a bit to gaudy for me. Sucks cause I prefer Blue on Black themes. Just download it and copy it to "/mnt/sdcard/MIUI/theme/" and you can select it in the MIUI Theme Manager.
    I've noticed a few (literally) dls of the English Translation. Anybody translating\need help with it??? I'd like to know so I can finally release a final, among other things now...

The Pikachu port or Wiui port has no sound? I ran Pika yesterday and sound was working just fine.

The rom you're wanting ported has the exact same instructions as Wiui v4. All Miui v4 roms will. The only thing you might have to change is the Quarx rom you're pulling Bravo files from. Just try a Quarx CM10 from around the same release date or earlier. I'd do it, but I'm about to finish up my sources for PA and start the new builds -- It should be a lot better than the last few PA roms I released :).