MyFord Touch - Text and Contact Pics Working!

Search This thread

mdt73

Jul 11, 2011
Clarksville
Just an update to how I got this working in my 2013 Ford Focus with MyFord Touch.

First, CM10 Nightlies has the needed update to Bluetooth Message Access Protocol (MAP) for the MyTouch to properly read text messages as they come in. (whomever did that, thank you!)

Second, it was bugging me that the Nexus wouldn't push the full contact card, to include the contact photo, so I set out to find a way to do this. Getwiththeprogram over on the Sync Owner to Owner forum found this neat little program called Bluetooth File Transfer which has the ability to push contacts, INCLUDING pictures, to the MyFord Touch system. Below is the link. Simply remove your current phone book from the MyFord Touch, disconnect the phone from the system. Then, manually add the phone in the bluetooth settings instead of having it open for other devices to connect, where you put a code in both the phone and then on the MyFord Touch. Once connected, both the Bluetooth File Transfer software and the MyFord Touch software will see each other. Last step, on the bluetooth file software, goto options, more, then send contacts, and select which ones you want to send (all, some, whatever). On the myford touch, select ADD CONTACTS (manually again) and then have the phone push the contacts. You should see the car updating contacts, one by one. The screen will go away, but it's not done, wait for it to come back and say it's complete.

That's it... and to be honest, that took a lot of digging to find, it's not documented very well anywhere.

If you get stuck, just let me know, I might be able to help.

Bluetooth File Transfer

mdt73

Jul 11, 2011
Clarksville
A quick update. I have to correct my previous post. It looks like it's either or... contact pics or mytouch (with updated bluetooth MAP). Because the Bluetooth File Transfer requires a connection to send the contact info (pics) it needs to connect to the mytouch stereo. This is a separate connection from the regular updated MAP bluetooth connection. So, when you try to revert back to the regular connection, you have it's associated contact list (minus the pictures).

I am going to try to write to the folks at CM and see if I can find someone with the knowledge to get this a step closer.

Le sigh...

wisey18

Dec 14, 2008
Thanks for that. I'm picking up my new car in a few weeks. I'm using minco rom. Will report back if it works.

Last edited:

smwein

Jul 6, 2010
Which nightly are you using? I have a 2013 fusion and I'm on the latest nightly but I can't get the MAP profile to work.

Thanks

smwein

Jul 6, 2010
So when I look at the info for my phone on the MFT system. I under profiles I see SMS. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks

mdt73

Jul 11, 2011
Clarksville
Which nightly are you using? I have a 2013 fusion and I'm on the latest nightly but I can't get the MAP profile to work.

Thanks

I just loaded cm-10-20121029 and the MAP functionality broke, again. So I made a decision to just stick with what I know works for sure, regardless of nightly... and went back to the Bluetooth File Transfer app. I'll wait to see if I hear back from the CM10 devs regarding the update to the bluetooth stack. Until then, at least I can show off peoples pics when they call. (LOL, shallow, I know, but I love it!)

The nightly that did get MAP to work for me was cm-10-20121027.

mdt73

Jul 11, 2011
Clarksville
So when I look at the info for my phone on the MFT system. I under profiles I see SMS. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks

In my Focus, I was unable to find a profiles setting.

If you are trying to get it to read texts, the nightly I listed above does it once you load it, don't have to do a thing. (at least I didn't) Still, tonights nightly broke it again. Le sigh... Still, I am glad I got one of the last two things up and running.

Btw, little tip, when (if) you are trying to load a picture for your background, the pic must be exactly 800x384. Any other size and it won't load. Pretty neat once it's in there tho! Now if I can find where to change the loading and closing Ford logo files, lol!

The Gingerbread Man

Sep 4, 2010
Gloucester
I don't suppose this blue tooth file transfer app would help make Google maps navigation work using the car speakers? The Bluetooth system in my car is called blue and me (fait punto). I'd love this, gets hard to hear the phone speaker over 50mph

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

smwein

Jul 6, 2010
So I went back to the nightly you said but I still don't get any text message alert. If I switch to AOKP I can send texts from the car but still doesn't read them to me. Any help would be great.

Thanks

mdt73

Jul 11, 2011
Clarksville
I just moved to a new Galaxy Note 2, and everything works... out of the box. Both texts able to be read and pictures showing up with contacts.

rubik

Sep 10, 2006
I am using CM10 M2 and can confirm that it bluetooth MAP works with my BMW connecteddrive. Of course, only SMS works, no emails.

rubik

Sep 10, 2006
Additionally, CM10 M2 also seems to have AVRCP 1.3 and can stream music track NAMES. Stock JB was not able to do that. This tested on BMW .

kthejoker20

Jun 18, 2008
Kenosha
I figured out how to do.it.

You use the same program as mentioned in first post.

Set up your phone NORMALLY with bluetooth.

THen delete your phonebook in mytouch.

Then go to your phone screen.. then settings...then manage phonebook

Then go to add a contact

Next, GO TO THE ANDROID PHONE.... then open the program, then click the 3 dots and select send contact. Select as many as you want. Then click send as single... then select SYNC...

Watch the contacts upload. Then click on on mytouch...all done!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just an update to how I got this working in my 2013 Ford Focus with MyFord Touch.

First, CM10 Nightlies has the needed update to Bluetooth Message Access Protocol (MAP) for the MyTouch to properly read text messages as they come in. (whomever did that, thank you!)

Second, it was bugging me that the Nexus wouldn't push the full contact card, to include the contact photo, so I set out to find a way to do this. Getwiththeprogram over on the Sync Owner to Owner forum found this neat little program called Bluetooth File Transfer which has the ability to push contacts, INCLUDING pictures, to the MyFord Touch system. Below is the link. Simply remove your current phone book from the MyFord Touch, disconnect the phone from the system. Then, manually add the phone in the bluetooth settings instead of having it open for other devices to connect, where you put a code in both the phone and then on the MyFord Touch. Once connected, both the Bluetooth File Transfer software and the MyFord Touch software will see each other. Last step, on the bluetooth file software, goto options, more, then send contacts, and select which ones you want to send (all, some, whatever). On the myford touch, select ADD CONTACTS (manually again) and then have the phone push the contacts. You should see the car updating contacts, one by one. The screen will go away, but it's not done, wait for it to come back and say it's complete.

That's it... and to be honest, that took a lot of digging to find, it's not documented very well anywhere.

If you get stuck, just let me know, I might be able to help.

Bluetooth File Transfer