[ROM] [AOSP] MMuzzyROM for Manta - Jelly Bean 4.2.2 - JDQ39E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gakirby

Sep 1, 2011
Connecticut
Love your GNexus ROM. Been running stock ROM on my Nexus 10 but I think I'll now jump onboard with your mmuzzy greatness

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

mmuzzy

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
Haven't flashed yet but I'm right about to, its great to see another well known dev here on the N10 forums making us all a fantastic new ROM! I have heard only good things about you and your work mmuzzy, thanks for starting up here with us! I'm sure all us on the N10 forums will greatly appreciate your work into this build and will be excited to see future releases from you. Thanks again man!! :)
Much appreciated.

downloading now thanks for the great sounding rom. have your gnex rom on my wifes phone right now and about to rock this on my n10. im gonna wipe my internal "SD" as im being plagued with either not charging sometimes or tablet wont wake up. ive been loyally flashing PA's rom with every update and i think its time to try this bad boy out. as the others have stated, will post any discrepencies i find, if any.
Ok, thank you!

I'm going to flash your ROM too! It looks to be exactly what I'm looking for: clean, fast, and stable. Until I really get a feel for my new Nexus10, I'm not ready to fight with some pre-alpha, nightly ROMs at the moment. Just wanna cruise on a buttery highway for a while! Your work is appreciated, keep it up ;)
Hope you like it.

@mmuzzy did you get yourself a N10? Nice to see you here...
Hey Craig! Actually I don't, yet. I hope to grab one sooner or later. I had a couple users of the GNex ROM ask me if I was planning on it. Frankly if I had seen your ROM in here when I looked before starting I would have just pointed them to yours.

Love your GNexus ROM. Been running stock ROM on my Nexus 10 but I think I'll now jump onboard with your mmuzzy greatness

gakirby

Sep 1, 2011
Connecticut
If I go to "browse compatible ROMs" in the Goo.im app it doesn't show mmuzzy.... But if I go "browse all">devs>mmuzzy the manta folder is there. Not sure if there was something you have to do to make it show up in the compatible list.

mmuzzy

Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
If I go to "browse compatible ROMs" in the Goo.im app it doesn't show mmuzzy.... But if I go "browse all">devs>mmuzzy the manta folder is there. Not sure if there was something you have to do to make it show up in the compatible list.

Hmm. I'll check that out. I have those lines automatically added in a script but it must not be added properly. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Yup... I don't see them added at all.

stiffnuts

Jan 8, 2012
Excellent. Thank you.
------------------

I just notice Craig Gomez had a ROM in here. If I had seen that earlier when I was trying to decide I wouldn't have bothered. That's the ROM i'd run if I had a Nexus 10. He's helped me out countless times with all sorts of technical issues.

Very happy with Craigs rom I think it's the best of the n10 roms I've tried all the others apart from yours at present.

doublehoya

Jul 31, 2010
North Jersey/NYC
Have been running this for about a day- moderate usage (and generally exploring things). First and foremost- very smooth and no significant issues. Kernel is fast and stable. Haven't noticed any errors in Logcat (other than those of my own making...). And God bless you for including the stock browser.

I've noticed a couple of cosmetic issues: first, the lockscreen clock is too big and gets cut off (easily fixed by replacing it with the stock clock); second, there are duplicate "Vega" notifications that show in the selection dialog.

Will post any add'l issues I find. Thanks again!

Reactions: mmuzzy

jeston

Oct 5, 2007
Holy crap, wasn't expecting a ROM from you here! Haven't been on the GNex thread in a little while since I've been having ZERO problems with the ROM. I'm going to have to flash this soon. Nice to see you here! :D

TexasNexus

Dec 30, 2012
Wow...was super surprised when I saw this thread. I've been running you Gnex rom for a while now, it totally stopped my crackflashing ways. I had to register just to say thanks! Long time lurker...just never registered. Looking forward to following this thread just like the Gnex one.

badenglishihave

Oct 28, 2011
New Hampshire
Flashed a few hours ago, running well so far. I have had random soft resets on all 3 ROMs I've tried (including stock) so I hope that doesn't happen here *fingers crossed*

TexasNexus

Dec 30, 2012
Downloaded and installed....just like the Gnex this is the fastest, smoothest ROM I've ran.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

mmuzzy

Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
Holy crap, wasn't expecting a ROM from you here! Haven't been on the GNex thread in a little while since I've been having ZERO problems with the ROM. I'm going to have to flash this soon. Nice to see you here! :D

Nice! Thank you.

Wow...was super surprised when I saw this thread. I've been running you Gnex rom for a while now, it totally stopped my crackflashing ways. I had to register just to say thanks! Long time lurker...just never registered. Looking forward to following this thread just like the Gnex one.

I appreciate that!

Flashed a few hours ago, running well so far. I have had random soft resets on all 3 ROMs I've tried (including stock) so I hope that doesn't happen here *fingers crossed*

I'll join you in that.

Downloaded and installed....just like the Gnex this is the fastest, smoothest ROM I've ran.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Fantastic! Thanks for the input.

-----------------

Sorry I didn't answer these sooner. Between shoveling out snow and a game of Monopoly I've been enjoying some AFK time today. Well, not really enjoying on the shoveling part...

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone. :)

Reactions: Wingman520

Wingman520

Apr 29, 2010
Canton
Know the shoveling snow feeling... Had some of that today myself... Gonna flash this tomorrow... Love your work on the gnexus never had an issue on it yet

tbis

Apr 27, 2010
Get adbfreedom to make a blacked out theme! Thanks for this great on my gnex and nx10

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

mmuzzy

Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
Know the shoveling snow feeling... Had some of that today myself... Gonna flash this tomorrow... Love your work on the gnexus never had an issue on it yet

Glad to hear that. Thank you.

Get adbfreedom to make a blacked out theme! Thanks for this great on my gnex and nx10

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium
That's a really nice theme for sure.

situman

Jun 1, 2011
Just installed it and running and playing with it. Solid so far. Hopefully this will not have the wifi not recoonecting after waking from sleep bug.:good:

mmuzzy

Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
Just installed it and running and playing with it. Solid so far. Hopefully this will not have the wifi not recoonecting after waking from sleep bug.:good:

Thank you. The intent is to not to over complicate things and have a fairly light mix of things that make using the ROM a usable daily driver. It tends to keep a lot of the bloat bugs at bay.

situman

Jun 1, 2011
Thank you. The intent is to not to over complicate things and have a fairly light mix of things that make using the ROM a usable daily driver. It tends to keep a lot of the bloat bugs at bay.

Keeping it simple is the best. The more features the more bugs. Then again it would be fun or challenging for developers lol.

jbdavies

Sep 3, 2010
Utah
www.sur-realphotography.com
Flashed this yesterday... and just like on the GNex... love it. :)

Did have one random reboot today though. I was playing music, screen was off. Then the music stopped playing and when I went to unlock it to see what was wrong, the widgets on the lockscreen were all screwed up, and as soon as I tried to move them or unlock, it rebooted. Nothing major... just a random thing I guess.

Good work as always!

mmuzzy

Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
Keeping it simple is the best. The more features the more bugs. Then again it would be fun or challenging for developers lol.
I suppose. I prefer thinks that work though. lol

Flashed this yesterday... and just like on the GNex... love it. :)

Did have one random reboot today though. I was playing music, screen was off. Then the music stopped playing and when I went to unlock it to see what was wrong, the widgets on the lockscreen were all screwed up, and as soon as I tried to move them or unlock, it rebooted. Nothing major... just a random thing I guess.

Good work as always!
Odd and random. I guess the normal first question about if you dirty flashed since it didn't come up. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOSP JellyBean 4.2.2. Official Source Build hot off the AOSP servers. This ROM is AOSP. The only files that were changed or added were to make things nicely functional. Thanks to everyone for the kind words, technical help, suggestions, and for using the ROM!

This ROM is closely related to builds I make for Toro, Toroplus, Grouper and Mako.

----------------
    Features include:
    - Deodexed
    - Root with Superuser
    - Expanded Desktop
    - Quick Settings Mod (Kevdliu)
    - Enhanced Power Menu (Craig Gomez)
    - Power Menu Screenshot (CM)
    - Play app auto restore
    - Lean and fast build from AOSP

----------------
    Download Links:
    ROM - Download - 7/13/13
    Mirror - http://d-h.st/SEB
    GAPPs - Download

Goo.im

----------------
    Tips
    - Clean flash strongly recommended with Android 4.2!
    - Turn off Currents background sync! Major lag cause in 4.2.
    - To be safe, I recommend clean flashing... especially if coming from another ROM.
    - If you get a status 7 error flashing a ROM, try making sure SYSTEM is unmounted in 'mount/unmount partitions' menu in recovery. Thanks to jroid for finding the tip.

----------------
    Changelog:

July 13, 2013
    - Patch for Bug: 8219321
    - Patch for Bug: 9695860
    Note: This is a security update to patch the master key and unsigned zip issues in AOSP.

April 20, 2013
    - Merged with android-4.2.2_r1.2 (JDQ39E)
    - Updated Superuser

April 11, 2013
    - Restored missing proprietary files
    - Updated Superuser

March 15, 2013
    - Updated Quick Settings Tile MOD (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1999125)
    - Fixed Korean language dialpad (phone devices)
    - init.d support

March 2, 2012
    - Merged new JDQ39 posted binaries
    - Merged AOSP JDQ39 device files
    - removed AOSP calendar
    - Koush Superuser added (open source Superuser)

February 18, 2013
    - Merged 4.2.2 JDQ39
    - Fixed Quick Settings MOD to work with 4.2.2
    - Added in binaries for 4.2.2
    - Stock 4.2.2 kernel
    Note: 4.2.2 kernels should work fine with this release

February 2, 2013
    - Merged/Updated to JOP40G AOSP source

January 12, 2012
    - Added in remaining 4.2.1 system soundclips
    - Changed default system sounds
    NOTE: Most ROM changes were to phone devices

---------------
    Add-ons:

adbFreedom's Circle Battery (3/1): Download

----------------
    Thanks to CyanogenMod, Kevdliu, Craig Gomez, Blame2 for the banner and mcavoya for keeping me up to date. :)

----------------
    ROM/kernel source found here: https://android.googlesource.com
    ----------------
    ROM Update

March 2, 2012
    - Merged new JDQ39 posted binaries
    - Merged AOSP JDQ39 device files
    - removed AOSP calendar
    - Koush Superuser added (open source Superuser)
    ROM Updated

February 2, 2013
    - Merged/Updated to JOP40G AOSP source

Very minor update mainly aimed toward the Nexus 4 but hey, shiny new build number is a shiny new build number.
    ROM Update (French Vanilla)

July 13, 2013
    - Patch for Bug: 8219321
    - Patch for Bug: 9695860
    Note: This is a security update to patch the master key and unsigned zip issues in AOSP.
    just in case