Strange SMS question... Someone else is receiving texts meant for me

Search This thread

jameslfc5

Sep 27, 2009
Basically I am in the same house as my dad and when people texts me, he gets the text on his Nokia 300 instead

We are both on completely different networks and phone numbers

Anybody ever had this problem?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

scream4cheese

Jun 22, 2011
New York, NY
No.

Are you guys using the right phone? Sim card ? Lol.

Perhaps the person who is texting has the wrong number.

jameslfc5

Sep 27, 2009
No haha, mine is a micro sim and his is a standard sim and the people texting me don't even know my dad lol

Makes no sense at all :|

kzoodroid

Jun 27, 2010
Kalamazoo
Basically I am in the same house as my dad and when people texts me, he gets the text on his Nokia 300 instead

Are all your texts going to this other phone or just ones from certain people? If not someone is pulling your leg. Also is this a family plan, could be the carrier is messing up directing what texts go to what phone but I highly doubt it. Did you two switch phones at some point in time? As sms/mms are tied to the phone number it would be impossible for another device to receive them accidentally just by being in the same location.

Reactions: jameslfc5

jameslfc5

Sep 27, 2009
I just can't understand it! Haha... Hopefully it'll just stop, strange tho :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Are all your texts going to this other phone or just ones from certain people? If not someone is pulling your leg. Also is this a family plan, could be the carrier is messing up directing what texts go to what phone but I highly doubt it. Did you two switch phones at some point in time? As sms/mms are tied to the phone number it would be impossible for another device to receive them accidentally just by being in the same location.
    No haha, mine is a micro sim and his is a standard sim and the people texting me don't even know my dad lol

Makes no sense at all :|

The only possible explanation... Aliens!!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 @1.5 GHz on Stock 4.2.1