nexus 4 doesn't wake up from the power button

Search This thread

giga80

May 24, 2013
Cairo
I have a problem with my nexus 4
I am using stock 4.4 latest one and I am rooted and using closed fw
The problem is when I wake up I found that the alarm doesn't wake me up and th e phone is like shutting down I think it's freezing on the black screen and I cannot open it from the power button and I have to long press the power button to shutdown it and press it again to power it on and I found a missed alarm I don't know if that from the KitKat or from the root or what actually I didn't had this experience on JB
So if I can solve this just let me know Guy's
thanks

Brownpanda

Feb 2, 2014
What happen when you plug in charger in it , can u see anything on screen , try charging your battery externally with a external charger , it's always good idea to start with simple steps

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Brownpanda

Feb 2, 2014
Can u go to download mode or have u tried factory reset already ??

giga80

May 24, 2013
Cairo
no luck

Any luck buddy ??

no luck man and i already did i don't know what to do and i put a custom rom based on stock img and kernel and i got the same issue and now i am using cm11 and i didn't get this problem till now i don't know if the problem on the phone or beacuse of the stock rom but i didn't get this on android 4.3 it's from kitkat 4.4.1 and up

anyone experience this like me ?

Brownpanda

Feb 2, 2014
Have u tried replacing proximity sensor , I have seen this problem before with some of my clients , just a guess could be different issue

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

I nexus 4 proximity sensor is attached with headphone jack

calvinpl

Feb 2, 2011
Brooklyn
Have u tried replacing proximity sensor , I have seen this problem before with some of my clients , just a guess could be different issue

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

I nexus 4 proximity sensor is attached with headphone jack

What about a broken power button? I've replaced a bunch of them on sgh-t989, so what if it happened to the n4? I've been using mine ever since it was released in 2012 and there's no issues, but you never know... Just my first thought...

Also, the proximity sensor/headphone jack ribbon cable can be disconnected without affecting the usability of the phone, so i guess he could try doing that, if you say that it might need replacement of it.

Last edited:

Brownpanda

Feb 2, 2014
Have u got chance to check proximity sensor , as other member suggested just remove sensor n check , it will even work without sensor but u may find your problem

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

RolF2

Sep 25, 2008
4.4 will not boot with proximity sensor/headphone jack cable disconnected - n4 will not boot past boot logo ...

Brownpanda

Feb 2, 2014
Rolf2 , is it a new question ? U should start your own thread

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

giga80

May 24, 2013
Cairo
no

Power button is OK because I can power it off and on again from it and prox I think it's OK I don't know