[Q] taking my m7tmo to at&t... convert to new CID/MID/ROM? any other tips?

Search This thread

ERamseth

Aug 4, 2009
As title says, I'm taking my T-Mobile HTC One M7 to AT&T. From what I can tell, it should just work with the new SIM (it's SIM-unlocked from T-Mobile as I paid the device off fully). Should also note that my devices is bootloader-unlocked, S-Off, and rooted as well.

After doing some reading, it looks like I might want to change the CID, MID, or ROM. I'm no stranger to new ROMs, but the CID and MID thing are new to me.

It seems like the logical options are to (1) stay on T-Mobile CID, MID, and ROM; (2) change to AT&T CID, MID, and ROM; (3) change to un-branded/unlocked CID, MID, and ROM.

Of these three options, option #3 is the most interesting to me, as I would get the OTA updates way ahead of T-Mobile or AT&T. I'm actually pretty set on this idea, but one thought occurred to me: radio update problems. I know the T-Moble HTC One M7 supports different radio bands, I think because it has different radio hardware. If I switch to the unlocked CID, MID, and ROM and I get an OTA that includes a radio update, isn't there potential for a bad radio flash?

Also, in general, are there any other downsides to converting a T-Mobile M7 to an unlocked M7?

Any other advice when switching?

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
As title says, I'm taking my T-Mobile HTC One M7 to AT&T. From what I can tell, it should just work with the new SIM (it's SIM-unlocked from T-Mobile as I paid the device off fully). Should also note that my devices is bootloader-unlocked, S-Off, and rooted as well.

After doing some reading, it looks like I might want to change the CID, MID, or ROM. I'm no stranger to new ROMs, but the CID and MID thing are new to me.

It seems like the logical options are to (1) stay on T-Mobile CID, MID, and ROM; (2) change to AT&T CID, MID, and ROM; (3) change to un-branded/unlocked CID, MID, and ROM.

Of these three options, option #3 is the most interesting to me, as I would get the OTA updates way ahead of T-Mobile or AT&T. I'm actually pretty set on this idea, but one thought occurred to me: radio update problems. I know the T-Moble HTC One M7 supports different radio bands, I think because it has different radio hardware. If I switch to the unlocked CID, MID, and ROM and I get an OTA that includes a radio update, isn't there potential for a bad radio flash?

Also, in general, are there any other downsides to converting a T-Mobile M7 to an unlocked M7?

Any other advice when switching?

As far as the radio goes, you can pull the latest radio from the firmware in a carrier's OTA. If you want to get the OTA updates you will need the stock recovery, stock rom and depending on OTA some of the preload apps. It would be easier to use the RUU exe or zip or nandroid to accomplish it. Follow the OP instructions to a T, since you are S-OFF you can do major damage if you do not. Do not go back to S-ON!