msg app resending problem, can app be disabled

Search This thread

daviddallas

Nov 30, 2010
I had a problem with the stock msg app going into a continueoues looping resending a text because it was reprtoing that the number was incorrect.
So:
1. I couldn't find this, but is there a way to NOT have it resend on an error
2. If I load on any msg app, is there a way to disable this msg app?
3. any other options anybody can provide??

Thanks

daviddallas

Nov 30, 2010
I found this in another phone thread, so I guess this is how to disable the stock if I gho that route..

Open messages and hit menu. Uncheck received notification.

daviddallas

Nov 30, 2010
Very strange and anoying. I disabled the stock app, installed handcent set the settings where I thought it doesn't resend on error nd then it starting sending the same msg over and over that the stock one was sending.
FYI - msg is:

2288 error invalid number, please re-send using valid 10 digit number or short code. how can i clear out this msg or have my msg app stop sending it???

daviddallas

Nov 30, 2010
update, I did a search and found a number of peiople reporting this problem on other phones but no reported fixes related to this phone. So stuck right now with handcent uninstalled, it continued to resend the stupid msg even with the data off. So back to stock with data off, so NO text functionality at this time unles I can figure out how to clear. reset was suggested on the phone, but that will blow alot of instal apps and data away. so last resort..

EDIT: the last resort didn't work, factory reset and after reboot the d&*n text started up again... I don't under stand how it can send/receive text with no network setup... fyi - I using the phone on a at&t pre-paid network. The 3GS worked great, this phone has issues and thsi is the biggest one.

Last edited: