ICR for Kaiser (2 side call recording software)

Search This thread

jorra

Apr 4, 2008
www.noisebud.com
BIG thanks to Shmilson and rr69 for their work!!!

There's a new kid on the block, rr69's modded cab without the new drivers... I'd try this first (read his post to understand why):
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3511566&postcount=128

rr69's lite cab, just the driver, no graphics:
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=162761&d=1236030009

Shmilsons QVGA skinned cab:
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=162900&d=1236070663

Check out mskips thread with a alternative solution:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=493118

Here's how to set up ICR on your Kaiser :

1. Install the cab of your choice (Shmilsons for QVGA skinned version or rr69 if you are happy with your current skin).
2. Install Vito Audio Notes or any recording software of your choice (I'm using Vito Audio Notes for touch 1.02)
3. Soft reset
4. Make a call, when your'e connected use the menu (bottom left corner) and choose start recording. Wait a couple of seconds, then hang up.
5. Start your recording software and put it to automatic record calls
6. DONE!

If it's not working for you, you could try this:
1. Install .NET compact framework: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...49-3c6b-42f1-9fd9-0041345b3385&displaylang=en
2. If the "Start Recording" doesn't appear, try to uninstall your dialer skinn (or turn it off), soft reset. Try to record a call again, if it works you can reinstall your skinn.

People are looking for the reason why it's working for some and just not at all for others. As soon we have a clue I'll post it here.

Notes:
I don't have to do anything after a soft reset, Vito records everything by default.

Vito records all calls WITH BOTH YOUR OWN AND THE CALLERS VOICE, Vito will name the files according to your contacts (or info in google maps if your'e using any numbers from google).

Now you can record your calls and listen to both parties without any annoying hassle like using the speakerphone!!!

There's no beeps or any other way the caller can hear that your'e recording with this setup... Illegal in some countries, it's your responsibility! =)

Below: Picture shows Vito Audio Notes Touch interface...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 2,119
Last edited:

rafgerm

Mar 30, 2008
no go

Unfortunately my Kaiser says that ICR in not valid windows :mad: application on matter what I do. It seem the problem is in ICR.exe because other components install just fine. And of course Vito records only me speaking.
Anyway the fact that it is possible to record both parties makes me optimistic. Maybe the day will come that I will have my advanced, expensive WMphone do what every cheap simple eric or nokia can do for over 5 years :rolleyes:

I run stock Orange rom 6.0 (maybe that's a problem)

jorra

Apr 4, 2008
www.noisebud.com
It say's that for me too... Ignore it, you don't need to open the app, it's just for settings anyways. Just follow the steps and use Vito (or resco or what you prefer).
It still mess up your graphics though.

GLO

Jul 23, 2007
Sydney
do you have a screenshot of ICR?

I have been using Vito AudioNotes (on my Kaiser) for months now and when i want to record a call i must have it on Speakerphone, but i simply cover the speaker phone with my finger to reduce the volume so others dont listen in on the conversation.

pls show me what the ICR graphic is?

Thanks

jorra

Apr 4, 2008
www.noisebud.com
do you have a screenshot of ICR?

I have been using Vito AudioNotes (on my Kaiser) for months now and when i want to record a call i must have it on Speakerphone, but i simply cover the speaker phone with my finger to reduce the volume so others dont listen in on the conversation.

pls show me what the ICR graphic is?

Thanks

I don't have a clue what it looks like, can't open it. The phone just use the drivers from the cab, I'm using Vito Audio Notes and it works like a charm. Callers and my own voice crystal clear. Had some minor glitches on some calls during the day but overall fantastic!

jorra

Apr 4, 2008
www.noisebud.com
Since I haven't come up with a solution to the graphic problem I simple disabled caller skin with Advanced Config and using Windows ugly thing for the time beeing... AT least it works, recording calls are more important (for me anyways). :)

Last edited:

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
I'm confused, what's this doing that Vito doesn't do? Is it going between the two? I know on the Kaiser most other recording software can't record the outgoing conversation, so no question there, just wondering how this enables it to work.

And is it progressing? No messing with the phone? And does it stay forever, or do you have to do this each reset? Each call?

jorra

Apr 4, 2008
www.noisebud.com
I'm confused, what's this doing that Vito doesn't do? Is it going between the two? I know on the Kaiser most other recording software can't record the outgoing conversation, so no question there, just wondering how this enables it to work.

And is it progressing? No messing with the phone? And does it stay forever, or do you have to do this each reset? Each call?

Yes, this goes in between... There was an old audio driver for windows called virtual audio cable, it catched the sound (data) before it reached the audiocard and then you could route it to where ever you liked. This is pretty much the same thing.
So you can use Vito or any other app. The ICR just reroute the audio so that it ends up in the right place.

You have to use 'start recording' from the dialer menu after every soft reset but just for the first call. After that the 'driver' is activated and Vito will recieve audio for both parties of a conversation.

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Yes, this goes in between... There was an old audio driver for windows called virtual audio cable, it catched the sound (data) before it reached the audiocard and then you could route it to where ever you liked. This is pretty much the same thing.
So you can use Vito or any other app. The ICR just reroute the audio so that it ends up in the right place.

You have to use 'start recording' from the dialer menu after every soft reset but just for the first call. After that the 'driver' is activated and Vito will recieve audio for both parties of a conversation.

Hopefully it can be worked out so this is not a battery drain, and can be automated.

I wonder why Vito etc don't do this themselves?

jorra

Apr 4, 2008
www.noisebud.com
Hopefully it can be worked out so this is not a battery drain, and can be automated.

I wonder why Vito etc don't do this themselves?

I haven't noticed any battery drain and Iv'e set up Vito to record every call for the last 3 days so it looks promising.
Vito and/or Resco probably would if they could, this driver comes from HTC and I guess it's easier for the hardware vendor to create this than for a software developer. HTC don't need to make it work for any other brand or model, just for the device they choose. That's why... I guess... But what do I know, I'm nothing but a sound engineer... :)

bigbluebeetle

Aug 11, 2007
Fix for graphics problem

Since I haven't come up with a solution to the graphic problem I simple disabled caller skin with Advanced Config and using Windows ugly thing for the time beeing... AT least it works, recording calls are more important (for me anyways). :)

Great find! This program does exactly what I need it to do, and with Audio Notes, I can maintain a record of all conversations. Very useful indeed! It's already saved me a couple of times by recording conversations where someone told me a phone number that I had to remember because I didn't have any way to write it down while driving.

I tried installing MBarvian's Opal Phone Canvas, and that seems to fix the graphics problem. The recording still works as before. Also, I can run the ICR executable, and it seems to be very similar to Audio Notes, although the vga graphics don't display correctly on my tilt...

rr69

Apr 11, 2005
Gouda
www.koninkrijk.net
Hi All,

*** STRIPPED ICR CAB ***

Started off by downloading the cab mentioned in the starting post. Then i removed all the skin and other irrelevant file and registry entries in the cabfile. Which left me with a working ICR "lite" cabfile.

Just follow the same procedure described in the start post but instead use this cab.

It won't ruin the phoneskin because it has been stripped.

No guarantees, but this cab works fine for me..

Regards,

RR69

Attachments

• ICRKaiser.cab
    503.5 KB · Views: 1,311

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Hi All,

*** STRIPPED ICR CAB ***

Started off by downloading the cab mentioned in the starting post. Then i removed all the skin and other irrelevant file and registry entries in the cabfile. Which left me with a working ICR "lite" cabfile.

Just follow the same procedure described in the start post but instead use this cab.

Regards,

RR69

I'm curious to see how this works for folks. :) Next step, make this automagically work after resets, etc.

rr69

Apr 11, 2005
Gouda
www.koninkrijk.net
I'm curious to see how this works for folks. :) Next step, make this automagically work after resets, etc.

I tested that, and it does automaticly work after a soft reset. Here's what i did until now.

(The Sashimi part and hard reset is optional)

I installed the cabfile (ICRKaiser.cab) and Vito audionotes 1.37 on my tytnII. Started audionotes, and edited the settings so the app automaticly records calls on my stroragecard in low quality mp3 format. Did a soft reset, and made the first call and selected "Start Recording" from the menu in the "normal" phone app. (Ended the call after a few seconds)

All the calls after that ar automaticly recorded by audionotes even after a softreset. Both sides are recorded... (You dont have to use "Start Recording" from the phone app. Vito does it all automaticly.)

--------------------
Sashimi automation! (see: http://www.winmo-experts.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4)

copied:
"\Program Files\VITO\Audionotes\settings.ini" to
"Storage Card\SASHIMI\AUTO\Root\Program Files\VITO\Audionotes\settings.ini"

Copied
"ICRKaiser.cab" and "VitoAudioNotes.cab" to
"Storage Card\SASHIMI\AUTO\CAB\ICRKaiser.cab"
"Storage Card\SASHIMI\AUTO\CAB\VitoAudioNotes.cab"
------------------------

So when i do a hard reset, and Sashimi has installed the cabfiles and copied the ini file, every works right away. and survives softresets

B.t.w. if you dont want the automatic call recording function you can skip the Vito Audionotes installation. The recording option in the Phone menu also works for two side call recording. It saves the recording in: "\My Documents\Recording\"

Regards, RR69

Last edited:

shmilson

Updated CAB file with QVGA skin for ICR applet

Hi All,

*** STRIPPED ICR CAB ***

Regards,

RR69

I've updated the "lite" CAB mentioned above with the ICR applet that was originally on the CAB floating around and skinned it to QVGA. Only for portrait nowbut I'll try to update it once more if I have the time. I've also overwrote the BEEP and BEEPBEEP sounds with silent WAV files, so no sound is made when starting/stopping recordings.

The applet let's user set format of recording (AMR or WAV) and if to save them on memory or card. It then shows a list of recorded conversations that can be played on the app itself.

It can be used stand-alone if one wants to manually start recording selected conversations or with the procedure on the first post of this thread for the automatic mode.

And as RR69 said here: "No guarantees, but this cab works fine for me..
"

And to think about a few months ago, no one could believe we could do ICR on HTC devices! Ha!

shmilson

Attachments

• ICRQVGA.cab
    722.7 KB · Views: 1,637

rr69

Apr 11, 2005
Gouda
www.koninkrijk.net
Cool,

I just stripped the whole vga ICR application out of the cabfile. Nice to see that someone took the time to reskin it to qvga.

The only thing i would like to find out if the volume of the recordings can be set to be a bit louder.

Regards RR69