Back letters falling off

Search This thread

cesarmanilla

Feb 23, 2013
I'm just curious, has anyone ever gotten their Nexus letters at the back removed, as in the shiny black vinyl that covers them? The letters N, E and X were completely peeled off in my case in a matter of weeks when I was holding it, along with the adhesive.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Kookas

Jun 27, 2012
Odd. Hasn't happened to me. (Happened to every BlackBerry Curve 8520 I had, though. Damn, that phone sucked.)

Wonder if it's affected by how you hold it. Definitely return it anyway.

Do you have a wireless charger?
I have one and I have noticed that after charging it is kind of warm on the back and I have to wipe some kind of stain around some off the letters. Now that you mention your letters falling off it gets me
thinking that the glue could be melting away or something.

My N7 is only 7 weeks old and I'm using a Fatboy pillow for charging.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Dr0iD9

Nov 2, 2013
I had this same problem just a few days ago I noticed like a sticky residue seeping from the letters on the back and part of the letter lifting. I just removed all the sticker and cleaned away the sticky residue 'see attached pic' I actually prefer it without glued on sticky letters. Looks good I think.

Sent from Nexus 7 (2013) using XDA Premium

Attachments

• 1384209075902.jpg
    1384209075902.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,753
Reactions: cesarmanilla

oldtimer42

Feb 3, 2013
Wireless charging here and my letters are falling off now also.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Paten

Apr 16, 2010
Tampa, FL
I didn't know that there was plastic in the letters to make it shiny. When mine finally fall out on their own, I think I'll get some model paint and paint the letters in white. Or maybe bright red. Just to be different.

Lexord

Aug 19, 2012
Santo domingo
I had this same problem just a few days ago I noticed like a sticky residue seeping from the letters on the back and part of the letter lifting. I just removed all the sticker and cleaned away the sticky residue 'see attached pic' I actually prefer it without glued on sticky letters. Looks good I think.

It really looks good, haha It's not that I want mine to fall but, if it happens, I won't be mad at all :p

Sent from my Nexus 7² using Tapatalk 4

aooga

Feb 19, 2011
California
Been using wireless charging from the day I got it and the letters are still firmly on there. Touchscreen though, now thats another issue.

cesarmanilla

Feb 23, 2013
Wait, I didn't even know that could happen, I though they were like part of the plastic.

You got a picture of it?

Yup, it looks like this. I was thinking about removing the rest so it looks uniform again :) the hollow letters do look nice, though. I don't own a wireless charger so I don't think that's the issue.

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Dr0iD9

Nov 2, 2013
Yup, it looks like this. I was thinking about removing the rest so it looks uniform again :) the hollow letters do look nice, though. I don't own a wireless charger so I don't think that's the issue.

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

No wireless charging here either it's just glued on stickers that are losing stick over time as they heat and cool.
I'ts just like black tape.

Sure it looked cool glossy but doesnt bother me, I just picked out my letters with my nail and cleaned it up.

I like the 'indented' look nexus on the back.

i486

Mar 9, 2008
What assembly dates do you have on yours? Perhaps they just changed to a less strong glue or even applied less glue due to the first batches problem of stains/glue residue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.