Unable to restore whatsapp backup!

Search This thread

sgyduos8

Mar 21, 2013
I backed up my chats in whatsapp. I reinstalled whatsapp. It asks for restore option but when i click restore it takes 4-5 seconds and directly proceed to Set profile picture and profile name. After that there are no messages in whatsapp. Please help me regarding. I had many important messages.

Rifesdi

Feb 15, 2014
I backed up my chats in whatsapp. I reinstalled whatsapp. It asks for restore option but when i click restore it takes 4-5 seconds and directly proceed to Set profile picture and profile name. After that there are no messages in whatsapp. Please help me regarding. I had many important messages.

If you can't see the chat messages in WhatsApp on your Android, please go "Settings -> Apps -> All -> WhatsApp" and then choose Clear Cache and App Data.

Or you can use Backuptrans Android WhatsApp Transfer to restore chats from backup file to your Phone after reinstalling WhatsApp.

Good luck!

4Freedom

Jul 9, 2013

this summer i lost all my messages because whatsapp is stupid, i updated my phone and did an hardreset, i copied the folder to my sd in the default path,installad whatsapp, it ask me to restore ... but it didnt restore nothing :(
i tried also to clear whatsapp data in setting so it ask me again to restore ma it continued to not restore nothing!

after that bad experience i do a backup with or titanium backup or with root explorer just go to /data/data/com.whatsapp/ and copy that folder.

Last edited by a moderator: