Votes: 16 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Thank you for your consideration. Its just that I try to use as few Google services as absolutely possible and have never used Hangouts and don't want to have to use it just to get messages. I've tried a 3rd-party messaging app - I think it was related to Go Contacts or was part of their suite of apps - but it ended up being a lot of adware and was worse than the default one and actually buggy too.

I know the default one isn't the greatest but at least its free and works (never had any problems with it).

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX
Yes hangouts looks shifty, but when I found out texting was crashing, I tried it and was amazed by the speed it has and it also has zero adware and such

Sent from my LGMS769 using XDA Free mobile app

xantanion

Aug 19, 2012
Tacoma
Hangouts works much better than the base texting app for the 769. One of the few Google Apps I prefer

Sent from my LG-P769 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: UltraRoboto

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX
At least someone understands its potential to be the actual messaging app...2.0 will probably be up tomorrow

UltraRoboto

Aug 21, 2013
Edinburg, TX
Probably around 8-9 p.m. Central Time...the edit didn't really go as planned and also, I have to switch out SD cards because I got a bigger one...Destiny Ps4 Beta for Mars is gonna get in the way as well

Sent from My P769 running UltraROM on xda-dev app

Reactions: Cool Woker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UltraROM. Customized. Fast. Clean. 3 things that categorize this ROM to its fullest potential. Download Now! Beta 2.0 is on 16th page.

ULogo.jpg

What's In this?​
    Additions:
    • XDA app
    • KitKat Launcher
    • MovieDownloader(for any type of movie..if you're into that kind of thing EVEN NEW MOVIES THAT JUST CAME OUT! XD)
    • Custom BootAnimation and EndAnimation(Fixed? )
    • 4.4 KitKat Launcher by @nikaosoft as of 2.0 beta
    • XThemeEngine Support as of 2.0 beta
    • C-Locker as of 2.0 beta

Removals:
    • MiHome
    • SmartLauncher
    • Music App
    • And More Bloatware!

Switches:
    • Home to KitKatLauncher
    • Music to Apollo
    • Browser to Chrome

How To Install:

• Download Rom(GAPPS included in rom zip)
    • Reboot into Recovery
    • MAKE A BACKUP!!!!!!!
    • Wipe Dalvik and Cache Files
    • Factory Reset?
    • Install Rom
    • Reboot
    • Open the Setup App and continue
    • Give Thanks!

Releases:​

• 1.0- Beta Release 4-8-14
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • 1.1- SmartLauncher Continued to break
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • 1.2- SmartLauncherForceClose and switch to MiHome Launcher
    • 1.3- New BootAnim(mines out of order)
    • 1.4- Fixed my BootAnimations(Both of them..i think), added KitKatLauncher(failiure on boot animation....they were in .gif files, so i renamed them to .jpg for it to actually work(my computers os opened the .jpg files normally, so next update will have that)
    • 1.5- Fixed the .gif file to .jpg for BootAnimation, added OTAUpdateCenter to build.prop and apps...OTA Update Test #1 if this works I will start doing updates through there as well for people that dont really have time to get it from XDA KitKat Launcher Crash disabled my phone so the updates will take some more time in compensation for this sad day.....
    • 1.6- You can OTA update WHILE EATING LUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (check for bugs in launcher, i can't even open the rom right now...ill see later), Addition of Google Search for GEL so the stupid launcher won't force close(thats what its supposed to stop if I remember correctly
    • 1.7- Finally got a Kit Kat launcher so now OTA Updates and Boot Animation are a main priority
    • 1.8- Boot Animation Fix and OTA Update Notifier...just download the file and find it in /sdcard/OTAUpdates/download/Rom-Update.zip
    • 1.9- Deleted OTA Updates and BootAnimation curtesy of @nasheich and addition of ULTIMATE BOOST
    • 2.0- BIG UPDATE! KumaKan-V3 Base Patch! XThemeEngine App and Chrome Browser! New 4.4 Android L designed Home App by @nikaosoft ! Aroma stuff(@kuma82 's work thanks! C-Locker!

Code:
    What's Next?
    3.0- 3.0!!!!!!!!!! WHAT! someone mesage me what you think should be here!

Thank you for your time! It took me some time to figure out Ubuntu(what a NoOb right? :D)
    Currently using: #! Linux (CrunchBang)

Thanks to @kuma82 for providing the base!!! You can see his rom in action here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2468880
    Thanks to @Sphax for letting me use Unlimited Boost! See it here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1873234

Check me out on SoundCloud! Just started but look for ENDEAVOR for some good music! :good:;)

Upload to MEGA 1.8:https://mega.co.nz/#!jpQi2YTT!IuQ0tztS3g0-Za5ViD5LhiesARs9jy1TMO8gmOsPinA
    Upload to MEGA 1.9:https://mega.co.nz/#!n1hzWZKY!Oh56cinWWgcnKoTyOjom-lXG8YFbFpU7E7t0lig1KjQ
    Upload to MEGA 2.0:
    Considering XDA doesn't allow duplicate threads, and you created a Dev DB, this thread is closed as you can only have 1 thread of the same ROM.

Cheers

MD
    Lolz use Foxfi [removed]

Real childish bro.
    @Aethera
    MetroPCS is monitoring packet size and browser user agent.
    If you want to use the default tethering device you have to mask your browser's user agent. You must be tethering your laptop. You shouldn't have any problem tethering to a tablet or phone.

Sent from my LGMS769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    I will probably update ROM to Kumakan V3 (with permission of course) and switch around a few roms

You will need to delete pro version of smart launcher,because warez is forbidden here.

Sent from my LG-P760 using xda app-developers app