[Q] I encrypted my device, now how do I decrypt it??

Search This thread

slmclarengt

Dec 1, 2008
WA and CA
I encrypted my device (both personal data and storage) through the Location and Security selection in the main menu under Data Encryption. Unfortunately now I cannot find anyway [besides the tedious process of e-mailing them to myself, which is inefficient and ineffective for videos] to get my pictures/videos onto my computer DECRYPTED.

Is it possible and how can it be done???

I tried mounting as Storage device, failed, gave 'invalid image' for pictures (taken after encryption enabled) and wouldn't load videos. Then I tried using Motorola Media Link import thinking 'of course Motorola would recognize the need to decrypt my damn files' - haha, not.

dc907

Jun 26, 2010
Im in the same boat

I am in the same boat. I was able to SU in an ADB shell and wipe the data partition, so I now have no screen lock code and all my apps are gone but I still cannot get my device to fully zero itself to new as it wants the password every time to decrypt storage.

I have an unlocked boot loader and CMW recovery installed, which fails on factory wipe/reset. Stock 4.1.2 FW

Any help from the peanut gallery? :eek:

I encrypted my device (both personal data and storage) through the Location and Security selection in the main menu under Data Encryption. Unfortunately now I cannot find anyway [besides the tedious process of e-mailing them to myself, which is inefficient and ineffective for videos] to get my pictures/videos onto my computer DECRYPTED.