[ROM][ICS][4.0.3][3-22-12][WIP] ics-deck-evo [pre-beta7]

Search This thread

grizzly812

Feb 8, 2009
I am rocking a fresh flash of pb22 with mason sbc and it is silky smooth. Went to AOKP when I heard they got HWA finally and ran that for one day... decks seems to run much better on my phone. Got a few force restarts on AOKP and bailed.
Back on decks now and everything is running great. No force closes, no force restart. GPS locks and stays locked now. Camera is pretty stable, no video, no ffc, and no pan.
Loving this ROM! Thanks deck!

tomzefi

I am rocking a fresh flash of pb22 with mason sbc and it is silky smooth. Went to AOKP when I heard they got HWA finally and ran that for one day... decks seems to run much better on my phone. Got a few force restarts on AOKP and bailed.
Back on decks now and everything is running great. No force closes, no force restart. GPS locks and stays locked now. Camera is pretty stable, no video, no ffc, and no pan.
Loving this ROM! Thanks deck!

Exact case for me.. aokp was working good up until the last release and I am on pb21 kuz 22 just gave me probs

>*< sent from the rom whores evo >*<

the.emilio

What percent is that on?

Sent from my Eco 4G with Dec K's ICS using the xda premium app

Not sure on the percentage. I will say this... I finally got the low battery notice (15%) about 3 to 4 hours after that pic was taken. And I was moderately using the xda app, twitter and Facebook from that point til charging.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using xda premium

roxicodine

Feb 1, 2012
North Las Vegas
I don't know if this is for other users, But for me recently the ROM seems to be getting slower. I'm not a person to have 100's of apps, I don't play games, I have typical setup Facebook ect ect. But i went from the pb 9-10 then from where I am now pb 22. It just seems to get slower. I am using Mason sbc fso. Suggestions? Should I repartition my sd-card and start fresh and try a new Kernel?

the.emilio

I don't know if this is for other users, But for me recently the ROM seems to be getting slower. I'm not a person to have 100's of apps, I don't play games, I have typical setup Facebook ect ect. But i went from the pb 9-10 then from where I am now pb 22. It just seems to get slower. I am using Mason sbc fso. Suggestions? Should I repartition my sd-card and start fresh and try a new Kernel?

Have you tried restarting your phone? Usually a simple normal reboot will have it running great again. Typically, it is recommended that you reboot every few days or so.

xdp

Nov 30, 2010
So who else would like to see an option to see battery percentage on the notification shade below the power widgets, like next to the date/settings/recent apps buttons? This would be a convenient place so that I don't have to see the number all the time, but it's immediately available by pulling that down. I'm surprised the CM9 folk or deck haven't put something like this in already.

phistyle

Jan 29, 2007
I'm getting weak gps signals or sometimes it doesn't even connect at all using this rom... is there any apps that can help me get a fast lock on a gps satellite?

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
So decks has the brightness slider on status bar mod? Does it have the center clock yet? Much thanks to anyone who can answer, latest AOKP has been reboot city.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

IAmAN00bie

Dec 2, 2010
So decks has the brightness slider on status bar mod? Does it have the center clock yet? Much thanks to anyone who can answer, latest AOKP has been reboot city.

Try flashing the Reloaded ICS settings here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1531222

You can get a center clock and a much nicer notification power toolbox that way.

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

I'm getting weak gps signals or sometimes it doesn't even connect at all using this rom... is there any apps that can help me get a fast lock on a gps satellite?

Try flashing one of these fixes: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1132412

roxicodine

Feb 1, 2012
North Las Vegas

IAmAN00bie

Dec 2, 2010
I haven't tried his suggestion yet (though much appreciated) but other are many 3rd party USB mount apps. Do they also not work with the revolver mods? Much thanks.

Yeah, he's right about the stock USB mount not working with Reloaded. I can confirm that using a third party app like Multi-Mount still works though.

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

Does this work for the Aokp roms?

The GPS fixes will work; the Reloaded settings will not.

KevinGee

Feb 3, 2012
Los Angeles
Well I flashed the reloaded setting and the status bar and notification changed but it force closes when I try opening the settings.

Edit: It didnt work on Aokp build 31 but it did work on Decks Pre Beta 9.

Last edited:

the.emilio

Well I flashed the reloaded setting and the status bar and notification changed but it force closes when I try opening the settings.

Edit: It didnt work on Aokp build 31 but it did work on Decks Pre Beta 9.

Might be made for 4.0.3. 31 and the latest builds of deck are based on 4.0.4. PB9 is 4.0.3 based. Just a guess since thats what is in common.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using xda premium

Psyki

Apr 14, 2006
Seattle
Yeah, he's right about the stock USB mount not working with Reloaded. I can confirm that using a third party app like Multi-Mount still works though.

If you use a wifi network at home you should definitely use the SAMBA File Sharing app. Run the app on your phone, copy your files, close the app. On any computer, anywhere you go. Even Macs see your phone on a wifi network.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.funkyfresh.samba&hl=en

Plugging in a USB cable to copy files seems antiquated now :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i will update this post when the time comes. for now, feel free to run any of my test builds located here:
    http://dev-host.org/users/deck/609/ics-evo
    pb7 - fixed camera preview.

enjoy,
    -deck
    Sounds good! Hardware acceleration?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

yessir!

-deck
    holy mother of god please get 4g on this already! everything seems legit but that.
    *sigh*

Here's the thing. Our legacy device is not even supposed to be running ICS. ICS does NOT come with WiMax built into the framework, thus it will take someone building it from the ground up to ever be integrated. At this point, we're still in the ALPHA stages (i.e. getting everything that's supposed to work on ICS working on our device), so we're definitely not there yet. We don't even have the front camera or video working yet, nor the ICS-stock facial recognition lockscreen. Why don't we focus on getting the base running smoothly before we worry about adding things that weren't there in the first place?

Perhaps you're thinking to yourself, but the EVO 4G is a 4G device, so it's a feature that's supposed to exist on the device! That may be true, but if you're running this, you're not running the ROM your device came with, which I'm certain does have working WiMax. So, to sum up, don't expect this ROM to ever have 4G. If you can't live with that, then you'll have to move along. And if it ever DOES have WiMax, I'm sure you'll see it on the front page and then you can come back and join us.
    Thread cleaned.

Cut the crap......
    One warning, that is all.....
    This is my first post since i became a memeber here back in 2008. Everyone needs to grow some balls and man up lol no more immature sh*t :D