[ROM] [32a] [Updated November 4th] The Officicial HoFo Community ROM 3.0.7 [Sense UI]

Search This thread

DrSpaceman

Sep 7, 2009
i am using a non-rogers magic would this rom be useful for me ? i am a bit new with modding please advice.

you need to figure out what kind of magic you have - there are two types (32a and 32b). do you have a t-mobile mytouch 3g, or a vodaphone, or a rogers/singapore/other one?

when i was rooting my phone, i used a video tutorial from theunlockr.com, which tells you how to check whether you have 32a or 32b. this rom is only for 32a magics but there are plenty for 32b varieties available on this forum.

zortoflaven

Jun 28, 2009
Halifax
A tip for those with keyboard lag:

I removed HTC_CIME.* and pushed HTC_IME.apk to /system/app and libt9.so to /system/lib from the MyHero ROM and the input is a much nicer experience for me. :)

mdroid

Jul 10, 2009
Copenhagen
How to make keyboard work

Hi

I have tried copying 3.0.7 to SD, doing wipe, applying hofo307.zip and then applying originalkb.zip. It seems to work and I can boot into theHoFo 3.0.7 Rom just fine. But I can't find any other keyboards than English and Chinese. Am I just missing where to look for it?

If I then try to re-apply originalkb.zip after going back to recovery mode, I get an error in the apply procedure:
Code:
E:Failure at line 3:
copy_dir PACKAGE:system SYSTEM:
What am I doing wrong here? I need the Danish keyboard....

Last edited:

jasrups

Sep 24, 2009
Winnipeg
Hey hotweiss, now that the 2.0 source is out, are you going to work on making a 32A ROM for it?

I was wondering this as well. Hotweiss has done a great job so far at working on this ROM, but I don't see how any more improvements can be made until a Telus or Rogers release eventually comes out.

In general, I think the Sense ROMS will soon become obsolete with the release of the 2.0 AOSP (that is, until a 2.0 Sense ROM gets dumped for the Magic.. and that might be a while lol).

sadlove

Feb 19, 2007
i just install 3.0.7

every thing is fine

the only problem is when i want to sync my names from outlook
and try to open pc from data sync it says

the application setting (process com.android.setting ) has stopped unexpectedly please try again :(

pmow

Mar 1, 2006
Miami, FL
pmow.org
A tip for those with keyboard lag:

I removed HTC_CIME.* and pushed HTC_IME.apk to /system/app and libt9.so to /system/lib from the MyHero ROM and the input is a much nicer experience for me. :)

Pretend I'm slow (ok, don't pretend).:p I'd love to apply this but don't know what "push" means, and removing files sounds dangerous. Could we get a version for dummies? =D

zortoflaven

Jun 28, 2009
Halifax
Pretend I'm slow (ok, don't pretend).:p I'd love to apply this but don't know what "push" means, and removing files sounds dangerous. Could we get a version for dummies? =D

Sure, not a problem. :)

What I did was move the HTC_CIME files located in /system/app to my sdcard. I still have them, so I didn't remove them completely. This was done using the following commands:

Code:
adb shell cp /system/app/HTC_CIME.* /sdcard
adb shell rm /system/app/HTC_CIME.*

I then pushed the new files (push is like copying) like this:

Code:
For libt9.so:

adb push libt9.so /system/lib/libt9.so

For HTC_IME.apk:

adb push HTC_IME.apk /system/app/HTC_IME.apk

These files are found in the newest release of the MyHero ROM. Im trying to upload a zip with just the files, but the attachment manager here is giving me grief! If you still need them, I will upload them elsewhere after work today.

Last edited:

Donkey3000

Jun 7, 2009
Brantford
Sure, not a problem. :)

What I did was move the HTC_CIME files located in /system/app to my sdcard. I still have them, so I didn't remove them completely. This was done using the following commands:

Code:
adb shell cp /system/app/HTC_CIME.* /sdcard
adb shell rm /system/app/HTC_CIME.*

I then pushed the new files (push is like copying) like this:

Code:
For libt9.so:

adb push libt9.so /system/lib/libt9.so

For HTC_IME.apk:

adb push HTC_IME.apk /system/app/HTC_IME.apk

These files are found in the newest release of the MyHero ROM. Im trying to upload a zip with just the files, but the attachment manager here is giving me grief! If you still need them, I will upload them elsewhere after work today.

Worked fine. Thanks! Only thing I should mention for others is that I had to do this in recovery mode (go to shell from recovery menu) as it won't let you write to /system/lib while running the normal rom. In my recovery image, I had to go to the shell in order to use adb (maybe it was just lag detecting my device). "adb shell reboot" does a reboot if you get stuck there.

Cheers.