Are these new icons something you guys can use?

Search This thread

teacher1960

Mar 8, 2009
Bergen
New Icons for Androkkid "TransparentFrames" finally!
These new Icons should work better for those of you who have like me found the standard winmo icon ugly and pixelated.
I have always thought that some of the IPhone's attraction was the beautiful icons that were uniform in size and shape. So I made my own for Ifonz (based on other people's graphic work). When Androkkid came along I loved the scenic wallpapers you could use but I thought the beautiful scenery of the wallpapers became too cluttered with the IPhone style icons and that the square icons ruined the effect of the beautiful wallpapers.
So these new icons are designed to preserve a uniform style and at the same time be better integrated into the "scenery" by using transparency.
I hope that some of you will have a look at these and tell me what you think
PS If you resize these, they will not work.
If you want to use these and need other icons, ask me on the themes Thread and I'll see what I can do.
You find these icons here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=4829217#post4829217

a picture here as a thumbnail:

Attachments

• Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:

volcomdesigns

Aug 23, 2009
I agree, Need some work, but your on a good start man. ;]
I as a designer can understand if you feel bad when people tell you what they have above,
And as a fellow designer, I say you should not stop, keep looking at them, and try some different more round, glossy, vibrant edits. :]
And they will be a Thumbs up!

opasha

Jul 2, 2009
I agree, Need some work, but your on a good start man. ;]
I as a designer can understand if you feel bad when people tell you what they have above,
And as a fellow designer, I say you should not stop, keep looking at them, and try some different more round, glossy, vibrant edits. :]
And they will be a Thumbs up!

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to discourage him. No one replied to his icons (to be honest i thought he just posted them from finding them from somewhere), so I was just giving my honest criticism of the icons only. Personally, I'd touch them up with a gloss background layer or just remove the outside glass square. Good luck!

harpreet1988

Dec 11, 2008
I don't know if anyone noticed, but he said " found the standard winmo icon ugly and pixelated"

Wrong forum?

teacher1960

Mar 8, 2009
Bergen
I don't know if anyone noticed, but he said " found the standard winmo icon ugly and pixelated"

Wrong forum?

Though my next phone will definitely be an android phone, I do use winmo.
I use an applauncher (Androkkid)which emulates android.(see screenshots) I know this isn't Android but it looks like it so theoretically my icon pack could work for both. I'm not selling anything don't either want any donation or anything so it was just an idea. It would be really helpful if someone could tell me which icons they think work and which don't

Attachments

• StandardTheme-4.jpg
    StandardTheme-4.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 26
  • StandardTheme-5.jpg
    StandardTheme-5.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 18
  • StandardTheme-11.jpg
    StandardTheme-11.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 15
  • StandardTheme-12.jpg
    StandardTheme-12.jpg