[Q] Enable capacitive buttons on CM11 (or reduce NavBar)

Search This thread

edoz90

May 9, 2014
Hi all! I would like to know how to enable the capacitive keys on the s3 mini with cyanogenmod 11 (KitKat). it's a bit annoying using the navigation bar (qemu.hw.mainkeys=0).
they worked with the samsung firmware e they blink for 5-6 secs after boot.

(otherwise I would like to reduce the navigation bar)

I've also notice that I don't have this file: sec_touchkey.kl under /system/usr/keylayout

Thanks for the help.

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
Hi all! I would like to know how to enable the capacitive keys on the s3 mini with cyanogenmod 11 (KitKat). it's a bit annoying using the navigation bar (qemu.hw.mainkeys=0).
they worked with the samsung firmware e they blink for 5-6 secs after boot.

(otherwise I would like to reduce the navigation bar)

I've also notice that I don't have this file: sec_touchkey.kl under /system/usr/keylayout

Thanks for the help.

You can also enable them with Gravity box xposed module & change the size too:) Or use carbon rom, it has a switch for navigation bar & size.

edoz90

May 9, 2014

You can also enable them with Gravity box xposed module & change the size too:) Or use carbon rom, it has a switch for navigation bar & size.

thanks for the reply!! i'm pretty noob sorry....
does the Gravity Box make me enable the capacitive keys or make me resize the navbar?
Anyway I've to install the xposed framework.

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
thanks for the reply!! i'm pretty noob sorry....
does the Gravity Box make me enable the capacitive keys or make me resize the navbar?
Anyway I've to install the xposed framework.

Yeah! you need xposed framework to use modules. With GB you can enable nav bar & his size, amoung other things:)

edoz90

May 9, 2014
Thanks!!! to restore the capacitive buttons??
I mean the buttons on the sides of the home button (physical): the back and the menu button.

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
Thanks!!! to restore the capacitive buttons??
I mean the buttons on the sides of the home button (physical): the back and the menu button.

Don't understand you very well (nav bar buttons or physical buttons!?), anyway to change their behaviour go to, system settings-buttons & choose what function you want for them.

edoz90

May 9, 2014
Don't understand you very well (nav bar buttons or physical buttons!?), anyway to change their behaviour go to, system settings-buttons & choose what function you want for them.

I've send you a pm with the photo...I mean the two buttons lighted up at the bottom of the screen near the home button

edoz90

May 9, 2014
System settings-buttons-backlight:)

no....the don't work at all!!! i want their functions.
The only way to emulate them is the navigation bar but it was too big (with the GB I've resized it).
I wish someone tell me how to enable this buttons that worked with the original firmware.

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
I already told you in the previous posts how to change their functions & how to disable or change the backlight.

gjoforte

Jan 23, 2016
I am also having this problem and there is no option in settings to enable/disable this buttons. Like edoz90 said, the buttons worked perfectly on the stock rom.