[Q] Two ROMs trying to load at once?

Search This thread
May 29, 2014
Hi!

This is my first time ever posting here and although I've found some topics relating to my issue, none have helped me out.

My problem:

I downloaded an app called Flashify.
From the app, I downloaded android 4.4 KitKat because I wanted to update my ROM.
When I booted my phone into recovery (stock <3e>), I clicked on install from SD card, installed the .zip file but I got an error...

It read:

"E:failed to verify whole-signature"
"E:signature verification failed"
"E:update fail and delete temp files"
"formatting /cache..."
Instalation aborted.

Now, if I try to set up my phone again, I'll get as far as the welcome screen and it will always say:

"Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped."

Please help.
I've tryed everything and I can't get rid of that error!
Thank you :)

May 29, 2014
Oh by the way, I forgot to give some details :)

The phone is a Huawei Ascend g330 U8825-1
Android 4.0.4 ICS
Rooted
Running stock everything (or at least it was...)
The file I tryed to install is called: "gapps-kk-20140105-signed-4.4.zip"

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Did you even look at a guide on how to update your phone? Actually, I am quite sure you didn't or else you completely misunderstood everything you read. Neither is a good thing when trying to do something complicated like updating your phone unofficially.

1) You can't install a custom rom with stock recovery.
2) You didn't even download a rom - those are the Google Apps that are to be installed along with a custom rom like CyanogenMod.
3) You have to unlock the bootloader to install the custom recovery that will allow you to install updates not signed directly by Huawei.

I suggest you read through this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2198908

There are links in the later pages to a version of 4.4.2 from the Modaco forums, as well as links to the original firmware, which you will probably need to re-install if a factory reset doesn't help.

May 29, 2014
Did you even look at a guide on how to update your phone? Actually, I am quite sure you didn't or else you completely misunderstood everything you read. Neither is a good thing when trying to do something complicated like updating your phone unofficially.

1) You can't install a custom rom with stock recovery.
2) You didn't even download a rom - those are the Google Apps that are to be installed along with a custom rom like CyanogenMod.
3) You have to unlock the bootloader to install the custom recovery that will allow you to install updates not signed directly by Huawei.

I suggest you read through this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2198908

There are links in the later pages to a version of 4.4.2 from the Modaco forums, as well as links to the original firmware, which you will probably need to re-install if a factory reset doesn't help.

I'm new to all of this and I thought that the app that I downloaded could do it all in one operation.
I wanted to take a chance and see would happen, thinking that any consequences that may occur, could be fixed with a factory reset.
Thanks for the link and the advice.
I'll have a read, now :)
Is it a serious problem or is there any way to fix it?
I tryed unlocking the Bootloader in DC-Unlocker but to no avail.