[Q] LG G3 Three UK Signal Dropping

Search This thread

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
I am on tmobile and its a load of ****e hardly get any signal bars come on lg sort the radio out.

gsw5700

Jan 31, 2011
I get the same signal as I did on my old S3, in 4g areas, I'm getting 20-28MB speeds on 3 in the UK , no issues at all
I did get a new SIM card when I got the phone

Remember to set fast dormancy on as 3 supports this.

stigslim

Switched on fast dormancy, hopefully it will give me some luck. Watch this space with what three have to say. Well I waited seven days like they asked then received another text saying please wait seven days while we Fix the problem. Looks like it's going nowhere.

Last edited:

willy01

Jul 4, 2012
Barcelona
I have my g3 one week ago and I'm quite surprise because I have seen 3g, H and 4g signals, but I have not seen yet H+. Anyone confirm me if LG just have H and no H+ or it is something going wrong with my phone.

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
I have my g3 one week ago and I'm quite surprise because I have seen 3g, H and 4g signals, but I have not seen yet H+. Anyone confirm me if LG just have H and no H+ or it is something going wrong with my phone.

When I'm not in a 4G area mine just shows H also, haven't seen H+ and there hasn't been any speed degradation.

Reactions: willy01

jodvova

Oct 2, 2012
London
On my g3 D855 I have to go to 3845 menu after every reboot to enable LTE. If I don't do it the phone won't connect to 4G on three network.

The menu called RAT selection under LTE only.

Shermo

Aug 3, 2014
I sometimes get H+ so it's possible with Three. Got an update to 10G firmware yesterday but I'm away from home this week so not sure if it has fixed my issues or not.

Reactions: willy01

willy01

Jul 4, 2012
Barcelona
When I'm not in a 4G area mine just shows H also, haven't seen H+ and there hasn't been any speed degradation.

I haven't realised any speed degradation, you are right. But it is quite strange we can not see H+ when other users posted they have seen it. Do you have any idea why?

Edit:
Already found the answer. If you go to settings-about the phone-network then the mobile network type shows HSPAD which is same as H+. The problem is that LG just shows H in the toolbar but it is connected to H+

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2013
I'm on Vodafone, and I notice that when I lose signal in weak 2G area it takes ages for the G3 to pick up signal, sometimes even resorting to resetting the device.

Hopefully an update can fix this. I haven't noticed if the recent update has had any effect on it.

stigslim

Got a call from three yesterday. Was told there was a mast problem in my area and that it could take up to 30 days to fix. I don't mind waiting if that's the case but i have a sneaky suspicion they may be batting me off. What this space for a 30 day update.

Edit:
Have finally seen a 4G signal pop up, so far it's been a bit sketchy and doesn't stick around for long but it's a start. Hopefully it can only get better :)

Last edited:

shangostar

May 11, 2011
also get very poor signal on my d855, average about -110 dbm, new sim card on the way from virgin, but not expecting an improvement, put in a vodaphone sim and same low signal, if new sim doesnt improve things it will be going back for repair.

GTCC

Jan 18, 2013
Got a call from three yesterday. Was told there was a mast problem in my area and that it could take up to 30 days to fix. I don't mind waiting if that's the case but i have a sneaky suspicion they may be batting me off. What this space for a 30 day update.

Edit:
Have finally seen a 4G signal pop up, so far it's been a bit sketchy and doesn't stick around for long but it's a start. Hopefully it can only get better :)

They say that to just about every problem, they said the same thing to me months ago about problems with them on my Windows Phone running 8.1 under the developers program.

Three are cheap for a reason, cr@p things usually are cheap.

stigslim

Before I was with three it was t mobile and they were terrible. I'm on a rolling one month contract with three, learned my lesson getting tied in for years. With three when it's good it's good but when it's bad it's seriously annoying. On a whole they are better than who I was with before. Guess nobody's perfect.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Is anyone else experiencing terrible signal on Three UK? My dad just got his G3 and compared to his Nokia 925 signal on Three is atrocious, and seems to drop in an out constantly?

Anyone else experiencing the same?
    The g3 is just very slow at finding signal when its lost signal - what is happening is you are losing signal (even if just a split second), any other phone would probably instantly reconnect but the G3 seems slow - this is all software based (well, radio firmware) and can be fixed (and word on the street is that it will be fixed in the next, August, release).
    I think to set fast dormancy you need root (I could be wrong)
    Just dial 3845#*855* go to settings and then fast dormancy and enable it and reboot
    On my 855, Dial 3845#*855# Settings, Fast Dormancy