Gingerbread [Alpha2] by Neopeek!

Search This thread
J

jianC

Original thread here! >>http://www.neopeek.com/forum/Android-ROMs/5764-Ooops-WE-did-it-again!-Gingerbread-Alpha2-available <<

EDIT: Not for Sony Xperia X1. Works on my HTC Diamond so I can't say what other devices will do...Thanx everyone for testing the Pre-Alpha! I could fix several bugs! Now we are officially Alpha and it's quite usable on my HTC Diamond!

Ooops WE did it again...
My wife's still knocking my brain saying I am an idiot B) (while writing this she stands behind me). I spent some hours yesterday and several hours during the night cause I know everyone wanna try this out. I want especially say thanx to Chann who always is inspiring me with his ideas while I am doing some nice conversations with him on dev-section of this forum. It's really helpful to have such kind of member here.

More details later -> as always: I don't have time to test anything out on my own -> so I didn't! It's up to you to come back and report your experiences.

Alpha-release 26-12-2010

Before continuing be aware of: This is an Alpha release and now it seems usable (on my HTC Diamond it is!)! So before you do anything I suggest you to make a backup of your data / files! So read everything careful now :

What's inside ?? :
[ul]
[li]Gingerbread 2.3[/li]
[li]Working: Wifi, Data, Phone, SD-Card, Compcache 25%, automatic lcd-density settings and maybe more[/li]
[li]BT activating produces reboot (needs fix)[/li]

[/ul]

Important now!!!!!! Read:
[ul]
[li]First boot takes quite some time! [/li]
[li]I suggest you to open all apps and sync your account with google. Then reboot your device![/li]

For Download, click above link!

As always: Use this on your own risk!
Thanx go to: Balsat, XDAndroid-Project, Martin DZO and everyone else whom I forgot!
Download is a 1-file-download, again! Including everything you need!
EDIT: I need your experiences / feedback in this thread!
Installation:
[ul]
[li]Installation Instructions (Link) thanx to chase21[/li]
[li]Test-Kernels to try out (Link) thanx to hayabusa94[/li]
[/ul]
Please update your signature! It's always hard to find out which device / smartphone you use and which kernel(s) you are referring to!
-Neopeek!

Don't thank me! Thank Vatoloco/Neopeek!!

Last edited:

quannicolas

Feb 12, 2010
HTC raphael 800 can run but wifi not working (status: error) and battery drain fast.

I still waiting for Neopeek Team. :)

J

jianC

I have a Fuze and it works fine for me, but it is just a bit laggy (kernel does not support so well).

Remember he just hacked gingerbread to work with froyo settings but I can promise that future builds will be much better once every one else has started the development of gingebread on our devices ;)

Last edited:

R^7Z

I kind of figured, just wanted to report my experience since it seems most of the newer kernels seems to half work on my Fuze with FRX03. Might just be something I'm looking over:confused: About to try again with newest kernel from Glemsom's site and see if the FCs are any less frequent.

J

jianC

Yeah, i'm using the latest glemsom kernel and it is slightly laggy but stability is much better. I have not tried any other kernels yet..

daeinnor

Aug 31, 2009
Manila, Philippines
I'm using the old kernel & module 01238 from FRG83 R5 build in this Raph100 & it works just fine except for the known Android issues that we still have.

Some minor glitches in Gmail & root access rights reported by SetCPU, but overall a good build (stable) considering that it's still in Alpha stage. Anyway, we get to test run Gingerbread while most native Android devices are still running Eclair or Froyo! :D

wizmart

Mar 31, 2009
hello, it runs fine with kernel 1190 from camera thread, for the keyboard use jap input. Reboot you can, do with the dev tools-bad behavior-crash system server. keep going man very good!

HD2_addict

Feb 21, 2010
Better performance ?

Gingerbread is supposed to be faster than Froyo. I wonder whether this will translate into a better performance on the Diamond. The Diamond is a slow device (compared to the HD2) and there's not much that can be done about it, except overclocking.

djdafreund

Dec 19, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I would love to try it myself on my touch pro cdma (raph800), but i can't afford to mess around with creating the separate partition to try this. Is there yet an alternative way, as i would love to test this out also?

J

jianC

I suppose I could try to make it into a .sqsh file so you can just boot off of it on sd card but no garuantee it will work...

djdafreund

Dec 19, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I wouldn't mind trying it if you don't mind doing that. I keep my android2.2 in "setpath=android2.2" directory, and assume i could also do the same with this "setpath=android2.3" to keep them separate.

djdafreund

Dec 19, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Thank you much sir. I just unzip the sqsh file from that archive file into the main SD stick directory, correct? So far i followed the instructions and (at the time of writing this) was at the "run the install from the subdirectory, after it's done, it will reboot back into WM" part, and continuing.

J

jianC

Yes, that is correct. You don't need to run "install.exe" or need the npkinstall folder. It should be fully compatible with xdandroid and you don't need the files from neopeek.com.

Just boot it as if it were an xdandroid build and hopefully, it should display android logo. Ext2 is much faster.. give it a try when you can.

djdafreund

Dec 19, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I might have to do that. All i get is the following (last 2 lines of the screen at boot)
"mmc1: error -22 whilst initialising SDIO card"
"Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk0p2..."

and then just sits there for ever.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mine was working then it ran out of space, using a 512MB microSD and a modified startup.txt but I would go so far to say that you could use one of those startup.txt files from the FRX03 package; it includes an initrd.gz file as well.
    [EDIT]Might want to use either one of the earlier builds for FroYo or even Eclair; it's looking for an ext2 file/partition[/EDIT]