[HOWTO][WP7][MDPI] Make your phone look like a Windows Phone 7 | 05-03-12

Search This thread

Chris95X8

Mar 21, 2011
preview1cm.png

preview2l.png

This is a tutorial on how to make your phone look like a Windows Phone 7 phone.
In this thread, I'll be covering the launcher, WP7 like apps, and custom fonts.

So let's get started!!!​

Launcher
First and foremost, the launcher is the first thing that comes to our mind (at least mine) when we think about WP7. We need to download Launcher7 from the market. The dev made a really awesome job. It resembles WP7 very well.
You can customize it however you want. You can find custom tiles here and here.
To make it more believable, go to Launcher7 settings > StatusBar options and check "Use WP7 style statusbar". The rest of the options is your choice.

Lock Screen
For the lockscreen we will download an app from the market named WP7Lock. Customize it on your own likeliness. Simple step.

CM7 WP7 Theme
The theme is needed only when you're out of the launcher because the launcher has it's own status icons and drawer icons.
You can download the theme here (MDPI) [LINK IS DOWN, CHECK ATTACHMENTS FOR "MDPI FIXES"]. This is the original thread. The theme doesn't have a preview, so it's a little difficult to select it in the theme chooser.

Themed Apps
Time for the themed apps. Click the links to download the corresponding app.

More apps here.

Boot Animation
You can download the animation from this thread. However, the creator doesn't provide a MDPI version. You'll have to go with the LDPI one (QVGA). It will appear in the center of the screen while the outer space of the screen will be black.
To install: Download the QVGA version and rename it "bootanimation.zip". Put that file into system/media/. To keep the old one, rename it to "bootanimation.zip.bak". Give the following permissions (to the new):

[V][V][ ]
[V][ ][ ]
[V][ ][ ]

Fonts
The WP7 SegoeUI fonts are just gorgeous. Check the zip file in the attachments. Download it, put it in your SD card, reboot to CWM recovery and flash as custom zip.
I know it says "Installing ROBOTO font". Don't mind about that. It is installing SegoeUI font, I just had to get an already made zip to use as a base.

Sounds and Ringtones
In this and this thread you can download the original WP7 sounds and ringtones.

And that's it! Now your phone looks like a Windows Phone 7. Enjoy your new phone!

Attachments

• Font-SegoeUI-CWM.zip
    660.6 KB · Views: 4,042
  • MDPI+fixes.apk
    3.4 MB · Views: 4,498
Last edited:

lucastan96

Dec 9, 2011
Malacca
preview1cm.png

preview2l.png

So let's get started!!!​

Launcher
First and foremost, the launcher is the first thing that comes to our mind (at least mine) when we think about WP7. We need to download Launcher7 from the market. The dev made a really awesome job. It resembles WP7 very well.
To make it more believable, go to Launcher7 settings > StatusBar options and check "Use WP7 style statusbar". The rest of the options is your choice.

Lock Screen
For the lockscreen we will download an app from the market named WP7Lock. Customize it on your own likeliness. Simple step.

CM7 WP7 Theme
The theme is needed only when you're out of the launcher because the launcher has it's own status icons and drawer icons.
You can download the theme here (MDPI). This is the original thread. The theme doesn't have a preview, so it's a little difficult to select it in the theme chooser.

Themed Apps

Fonts
The WP7 SegoeUI fonts are just gorgeous. Check the zip file in the attachments. Download it, put it in your SD card, reboot to CWM recovery and flash as custom zip.
I know it says "Installing ROBOTO font". Don't mind about that. It is installing SegoeUI font, I just had to get an already made zip to use as a base.

Sounds and Ringtones

And that's it! Now your phone looks like a Windows Phone 7. Enjoy your new phone!

Nice job Chris95! Will try it soon.

Sent from my W8 using Xda Premium

linx1287

Nov 10, 2011
Dhaka
Slowed the HELL out of W8 when i was using Launcher 7 in GingerDX.....does that happen to anyone else?? now using cm-x but i dont want to try launcher 7 just yet.....i wanna know if the lag i experience on my phone happens on other X8's as well

Chris95X8

Mar 21, 2011
Well, I'm on FroyoBread and the launcher lags juuust a little bit.

Sent from my X8 that is soon going to be replaced with a Samsung Galaxy Nexus/S II

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    preview1cm.png

preview2l.png

So let's get started!!!​

Launcher

Lock Screen

CM7 WP7 Theme
    You can download the theme here (MDPI) [LINK IS DOWN, CHECK ATTACHMENTS FOR "MDPI FIXES"]. This is the original thread. The theme doesn't have a preview, so it's a little difficult to select it in the theme chooser.

Themed Apps

More apps here.

Boot Animation
    You can download the animation from this thread. However, the creator doesn't provide a MDPI version. You'll have to go with the LDPI one (QVGA). It will appear in the center of the screen while the outer space of the screen will be black.
    To install: Download the QVGA version and rename it "bootanimation.zip". Put that file into system/media/. To keep the old one, rename it to "bootanimation.zip.bak". Give the following permissions (to the new):

[V][V][ ]
    [V][ ][ ]
    [V][ ][ ]

Fonts

Sounds and Ringtones

preview1cm.png

preview2l.png

So let's get started!!!​

Launcher

Lock Screen

CM7 WP7 Theme
    You can download the theme here (MDPI). This is the original thread. The theme doesn't have a preview, so it's a little difficult to select it in the theme chooser.

Themed Apps

Fonts

Sounds and Ringtones

Nice job Chris95! Will try it soon.

Sent from my W8 using Xda Premium
    How you got icons as seen in 5th screenshot??

The 5th is just the dialer, one of the apps listed. Do you mean the 6th? Those are the theme's icons.

Hey I saw your threads. Nice work!!!
    Oh I didn't mean the tiles.
    preview2l.png

I mean the one in the first pic, the drawers. The app's icons.

Sorry, my bad. See attachments.
    Would be good if a dev create a ROM based on WP7. =D