[Q] Replacing screen with gorilla glass one?

Search This thread

squid267

Mar 25, 2009
Worcester
Hey guys. Broke my screen for the 3rd time now. Instead going thru insurance is there a gorilla glass screen i can buy? I've seen ebay one but they say its not gorilla glass. Also anyone know if the chrome bezel is up for sale as well? Thanks

digitalsynner85

Sep 15, 2011
New Iberia, Louisiana
Hey guys. Broke my screen for the 3rd time now. Instead going thru insurance is there a gorilla glass screen i can buy? I've seen ebay one but they say its not gorilla glass. Also anyone know if the chrome bezel is up for sale as well? Thanks

i too would like to know this.......dropped my phone the other day, and even w/ a case, the way it hit it put a small crack in the glass (not the lcd) and i would like to know so i can buy a replacement glass as well as a different colored bezel

emckai

Mar 8, 2011
There are many screens on eBay for the galaxy s3.
Just look up "galaxy s3 glass"

Keep it mind, the glass and the LCD is glue onto each other.
Those component are then stuck onto the frame of the GS3 by VERY strong adhesive.

The glass can be changed without purchasing the whole assembly which costs around $250 USD
But the risk of the LCD breaking is very high. The replacement isn't impossible, but just very difficult.

You need a lot of patience and heat to get the broken glass away from the LCD assembly.

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

There are many screens on eBay for the galaxy s3.
Just look up "galaxy s3 glass"

Keep it mind, the glass and the LCD is glue onto each other.
Those component are then stuck onto the frame of the GS3 by VERY strong adhesive.

The glass can be changed without purchasing the whole assembly which costs around $250 USD
But the risk of the LCD breaking is very high. The replacement isn't impossible, but just very difficult.

You need a lot of patience and heat to get the broken glass away from the LCD assembly.