[APP][v1.1][11.13.13]TB Restore Fixer - fix FC/reboots caused by Titanium restores!

Search This thread

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
2013-10-06-22-53-25_small.png
2013-10-06-22-52-15_small.png

This will fix the issues Note 3 users are having with Titanium Backup restores. Since I don't know how long the Titanium Backup team will need to fix their code, this app will be available until that time. TB Restore Fixer runs the restorecon -R -v /data/data command to fix issues after restoring apps from Titanium Backup.

As of Titanium Backup 6.1.3, this issue should be fixed! This is here in case anyone still uses it for whatever reason.

Instructions:
1) Run Titanium Backup restore
2) Start the app, read the first screen, and hit "Fix Me!"

Play Store Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viper.tbrestorefixerfree

USERS: Please download from the Play Store using the link above, you'll be notified of any updates. If you don't have Play Store access, download TBRestoreFixer-v1.1.apk below.

DEVS: Please do not include the main TB Restore Fixer app in your ROMs! I have made a stub app that YOU CAN include in your ROMs, it takes the user to the listing in the Play Store - please download TBRestoreFixerStub.apk from the bottom of this post. The stub app will be removed when TB Restore Fixer is run for the first time. Please credit me and link to this thread if you include this in your ROM.

Changlog
v1.1
- Complete rewrite of code to fix hanging when clicking on the "Fix Me" button
- Improved logging to logfile

v1.0 - Initial Release

Credit to vodkinagdan for the initial information on how to fix this via Terminal Emulator.

Attachments

• TBRestoreFixerStub.apk
    382.4 KB · Views: 2,141
  • TBRestoreFixer-v1.0.apk
    420.1 KB · Views: 1,722
  • TBRestoreFixer-v1.1.apk
    450.2 KB · Views: 5,908
Last edited:

sachinaik

Jun 6, 2011
Bangalore
Thanks buddy.

But can you pls tell us how it fixes the issue ?

1. Running restorecon regularly or when /data/data is modified ?
2. Patching TB ?
3. Modifying certain system properties like switching off SELinux ?

When TB comes up with their fix how easy it is to revert back changes done by your app ? will it suffice to simply uninstall in this app ?

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: -viperboy-

-viperboy-

Jun 24, 2007
PA
Thanks buddy.

2. Patching TB ?

When TB comes up with their fix how easy it is to revert back changes done by your app ? will it suffice to simply uninstall in this app ?

I'm sorry, I should have stated this. I'll add it to the OP later, but it runs the restorecon command, that's pretty much it. It's very simple :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Kinoal

Jun 15, 2012
I've use it too but It doesn't work for me. Still few boot loop before it starts :(

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
thanks mate for this app well designed even just for the simple thing ti does... downloaded play store version... +10 internet points to you

Reactions: -viperboy-

knarfies

Jul 30, 2012
it doesn't work on Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 SM-N900W8

It just hangs even after a long while.

yeah same here for tmo version. now my s note app stops repeatedly and i cant even use the phone.i did the fix and it said successful but no go.

i even froze the app and it still says forceclose. i tried uninstalling the app through tb and says can not find.

update:

so basically i had to search the apk in es explorer and delete the app. that fixed the force close. deffinately not doing that again.

Last edited:

-viperboy-

Jun 24, 2007
PA
yeah same here for tmo version. now my s note app stops repeatedly and i cant even use the phone.i did the fix and it said successful but no go.

i even froze the app and it still says forceclose. i tried uninstalling the app through tb and says can not find.

update:

so basically i had to search the apk in es explorer and delete the app. that fixed the force close. deffinately not doing that again.

I need a log, otherwise I can't help you.

Last edited:

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
Post the log file from /data/media/0/TBRestoreFixer please

in Windows it's actually
<Phone Name>\Phone\TBRestoreFixer\

;)

inside the file log_10_07_13-02.12.07PM.txt
I only found this:
Code:
Application: TB Restore Fixer
Device: hltecan

I: su binary found
I: Loaded asset list
I: restorecon binary copied
I: Fix me button clicked

I restored 1 app+data from Ti, then ran your App to test, but then it just sat there hung for a few minutes, i End Tasked it after 5 min

-viperboy-

Jun 24, 2007
PA
Any update on this for us N900T users? (T-Mobile Note 3)

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I need a log and description of your problem.

I just did a a restore from Titanium Backup and the phone was not running right until I used this app and it's been fine since.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2013-10-06-22-53-25_small.png
    2013-10-06-22-52-15_small.png

This will fix the issues Note 3 users are having with Titanium Backup restores. Since I don't know how long the Titanium Backup team will need to fix their code, this app will be available until that time. TB Restore Fixer runs the restorecon -R -v /data/data command to fix issues after restoring apps from Titanium Backup.

As of Titanium Backup 6.1.3, this issue should be fixed! This is here in case anyone still uses it for whatever reason.

Instructions:
    1) Run Titanium Backup restore
    2) Start the app, read the first screen, and hit "Fix Me!"

Play Store Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viper.tbrestorefixerfree

USERS: Please download from the Play Store using the link above, you'll be notified of any updates. If you don't have Play Store access, download TBRestoreFixer-v1.1.apk below.

DEVS: Please do not include the main TB Restore Fixer app in your ROMs! I have made a stub app that YOU CAN include in your ROMs, it takes the user to the listing in the Play Store - please download TBRestoreFixerStub.apk from the bottom of this post. The stub app will be removed when TB Restore Fixer is run for the first time. Please credit me and link to this thread if you include this in your ROM.

Changlog
    v1.1
    - Complete rewrite of code to fix hanging when clicking on the "Fix Me" button
    - Improved logging to logfile

v1.0 - Initial Release

Credit to vodkinagdan for the initial information on how to fix this via Terminal Emulator.
    Firstly thank you for your effort @-viperboy- and @vodkinagdan :)

I saw that Titanium Backup has been updated. Since i still don't have root and waiting for Root de la vega, i couldnt check this by myself.
    But do you know if the updated Titanium has got this fix inside it for our Note 3 devices. Or even after new updated Titanium, do we still need this Fixer app to fix problem after backups?

No, the update hasn't fixed this yet.
    Thanks buddy.

2. Patching TB ?

I'm sorry, I should have stated this. I'll add it to the OP later, but it runs the restorecon command, that's pretty much it. It's very simple :)

Can you help me understand exactly what this fixes?

is this to run if I want to back up TB from a previous phone or is it more related to doing back ups for newly installed aps and backups I do now on my Note 3? sorry if this is a dumb question -

Because the SELinux mode is set to enforcing on this phone, when you restore things, the flags are incorrectly set on these apps. The phone doesn't let them run or causes them to FC. This fixes that by running a command that resets the SELinux flags.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 4
    The worst it can do is not work, why don't you try it?

If it doesn't work though, I need logs! I cannot do anything without them. It works just fine on my Sprint version.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 4

Okay... You can go to sleep... It works perfectly with T-Mobile's N900T... Just tested it with VNC Viewer and Jump (both remote desktop apps) I wiped data thru Titanium... Opened VNC Viewer and the app was FC... Used the Titanium Fix and reopened the app and perfect... But blank of course... Then restored data... Used the fix again... Reopened and voila... All my remote desktops back... So there you go... Perfect... Tested.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app