Ouya Keeps Trying To Update.

Search This thread
Jun 17, 2013
Is anyone else having this problem? I have the block updates "on" in the Mods Collection for Ouya, but obviously it isn't working. Every time I turn the system on it's trying to update it. Any suggestions?

cronikman84

Dec 8, 2012
Holyoke
Is anyone else having this problem? I have the block updates "on" in the Mods Collection for Ouya, but obviously it isn't working. Every time I turn the system on it's trying to update it. Any suggestions?

I was having this issue also till i got tired of it and i just updated my OUYA, i couldn't figure it out and i also asked for any input about it not working but no one cared and never got a reply back from anyone including WonderEkin but this should be asked over at the Mod collection for OUYA forum if you wana get some type answer...http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2359390

The block updates only worked until they changed their update method with the 'incremental' updates ~3 months ago. However the latest version of stock SHOULD allow you to temporarily reject an update without plugging/unplugging an Ethernet cable.

But since the mod collection hasn't been updated in several months as well, so I wouldn't expect too much assistance besides "Update to Jackalope and the update-blocking will be built into stock" suggestions...

Reactions: StraTTtheRippeR
Jun 17, 2013
Yeah, I just gave up and ran the update. I couldn't play anything half of the time because it kept trying to update the system. Everything seems to still be working okay, though...haven't fun into any problems yet. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The block updates only worked until they changed their update method with the 'incremental' updates ~3 months ago. However the latest version of stock SHOULD allow you to temporarily reject an update without plugging/unplugging an Ethernet cable.

But since the mod collection hasn't been updated in several months as well, so I wouldn't expect too much assistance besides "Update to Jackalope and the update-blocking will be built into stock" suggestions...