How to unbrick Samsung droid Charge!!

Search This thread

utking20

Dec 8, 2010
Hey guys found a way to unbrick Samsung droid charge and revert back to stock.

1. Download and install Odin found here ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1085190 ) unzip and open

2.Download this file and unzip ( CI510_VZW_EE4_ALL_ONE-LTE-CP_REV03_user_CL1014954.tar.md5.7z) from here ( http://www.multiupload.com/6WJ2SFUKO6 ) or original thread where i found this file is from here ( http://androidflip.com/android-2-3-...are-on-samsung-droid-charge-installing-guide/ )..

In case it fails and it just keeps failing try this other file is not stock but it is 2.3.4 and it works great here is a link to find the file ( http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5PUB8UY7 ) and it also find a mirror download here ( https://rapidshare.com/#!download|9...ar.md5.7z|391371|RapidPro expired. (34fa3175) ) i tried it guys and it does work.

3. set phone to download mode, do this by taking battery of phone, plug phone into computer and hold Volume down, a Yellow triangle with a working android will appear.

4. Click on odin you will see your phone come up under ID:COM, now do not click on anywhere but on PDA thats where you will have to find the file you downloaded on step 2 and make sure is the unzipped file. once u find it, click on open then start.

5. Be patient this can take up some time, once is done the box will turn green and say pass, at this time your phone will no longer have the Yellow triangle and you can unplug and place the battery back in and turn phone on.. once again be patient when turning phone on it will take a little while to complete.

i tried this and it does work, my Droid charge was bricked and now it works.

Thanks to xda-developers where i was able to find odin and also thanks to androidflip.com where i was able to find the Droid Charge stock rom to flash it back using odin.

Hope this helped everyone needing help.

Last edited:

quarky42

Sep 30, 2008
Thanks for posting this, but it isn't the end-all-be-all. I tried to recover from a bad flash using this method and it failed.

I got the error message seen in this post:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1111486

The method in that post failed to help me recover.

I finally found this method (which is linked much later on in the thread above):
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...harge-full-factory-tar-flashing-software.html

and it worked perfectly for me.

So, if the first method from the OP fails, you have the Samsung PST flash utility that may help.

utking20

Dec 8, 2010
Yea i was also getting that message at first but it worked fine, but i also ended up installing the 2.3.4 so it worked out well.. was able to fix and unbrick my Droid charge.

blarrick

Jun 26, 2011
North Hollywood
We've known about this for a while, but thanks. There's a "How to fix your phone" thread in development which also includes a pit file you use in combination with that .md5

Also, you were probably just bootlooped, not bricked.

utking20

Dec 8, 2010
Thanks Guys for the input. I thought i was bricked, looked to me i was bricked... But i did this steps and was able to fix my droid charge... I did bot know there was a threath about this on here.. just trying to help people fix their phone if this can be helpful for them that's good.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App

jonnyb81

Sep 17, 2011
I bricked my droid charge

Can I just pay somone to have it unbricked wthout paying $100 +? I dont trust myself to unbrick the device.

DirgeExtinction

Sep 24, 2010
I thought being bricked meant not being able to get into even Download Mode.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium

anoninja118

Mar 31, 2011
L.A.
I thought being bricked meant not being able to get into even Download Mode.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium

yeah but even then its not completely hopeless, there are USB jigs that can force it into download mode and this 'Unbrickable Mod' thing that requires tinkering with the internals which is supposedly fool proof

trparky

Jun 11, 2011
I've seen the term "bricked" thrown about a lot so I'm going to clarify some things.

First of all, there are two types of brick, a soft-brick and a hard-brick.

Soft-brick, that's what people often say when they have a boot-loop. This isn't a brick in the traditional sense. It's not really a brick, you can still recover it if you're at this stage. As long as you can get to the screen with the big yellow triangle you're not bricked at all and you can recover it.

Hard-brick, this is a true brick. This is what happens when the phone will not do anything. Won't show the Samsung logo, won't show the yellow triangle screen, won't do anything at all. At this stage, it might as well be a brick because you can't do anything to it. JTAG should be able to reload the bootloader and the base firmware.

anoninja118

Mar 31, 2011
L.A.
I've seen the term "bricked" thrown about a lot so I'm going to clarify some things.

First of all, there are two types of brick, a soft-brick and a hard-brick.

Soft-brick, that's what people often say when they have a boot-loop. This isn't a brick in the traditional sense. It's not really a brick, you can still recover it if you're at this stage. As long as you can get to the screen with the big yellow triangle you're not bricked at all and you can recover it.

Hard-brick, this is a true brick. This is what happens when the phone will not do anything. Won't show the Samsung logo, won't show the yellow triangle screen, won't do anything at all. At this stage, it might as well be a brick because you can't do anything to it. JTAG should be able to reload the bootloader and the base firmware.

well that's bootlooping not a soft brick, a soft brick would be when you flash something wrong or stop odin mid flash or flash something corrupted then get that little "phone --- ! --- pc" thing (done it twice myself) but yes it is recoverable

permabrick is indeed when it won't power on or do anything, it is a paperweight

hard brick is usually when it won't go into download mode but may still boot up or even go into recovery (probably just bootloops though), however as I mentioned in my last post none of these situations are completely hopeless

blazing through on my 4G Droid Charge

Last edited:

DaRobsterr

Oct 22, 2011
yeah but even then its not completely hopeless, there are USB jigs that can force it into download mode and this 'Unbrickable Mod' thing that requires tinkering with the internals which is supposedly fool proof

can anyone help me out to finding diy on how to do this ^ .... cause i cant get my phone to go into download mode nor will it power on

Last edited:

kvswim

Mar 25, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
can anyone help me out to finding diy on how to do this ^ .... cause i cant get my phone to go into download mode nor will it power on

You're supposed to put in the battery for it to turn on.... :p

But seriously, there's a thread for it in the dev section, but just hope you're good at soldering.

Sent from my Droid Charge running Infinity Beta

DaRobsterr

Oct 22, 2011
You're supposed to put in the battery for it to turn on.... :p

But seriously, there's a thread for it in the dev section, but just hope you're good at soldering.

Sent from my Droid Charge running Infinity Beta

I tried everything battery in and out to get into download mode. Ended up finding a post somewhere and read that i should try a usb jig; which is why im guessing if you asked if i was good at soldering. To answer that question yes i am good at it. But i called verizon and they ended up sending me a replacement. Thanks for the guys who tried to help me out.