WMWifiRouter - v1.60 (build 1120) - December 17, 2009

Search This thread

andyw69

Jan 6, 2008
Trouble still

Hi, I'm having trouble with the ipod and also an Imac can't log on. I'm using .87. I was able yesterday with version .85 to log on thru my winxp tablet but today it can't even see the network in its list of wifi's. The mac and ipod can see it but flash the dhcp settings, they are in the right numbers though. I tried going back to .85 but the xp machine still cant see the network!

Andy

ps I just did a crash cleanup and can now see and log onto the network with the xp machine, didn't need to re load .87. I also tried the ipod, it worked the first time I tried on static ip, failed again on dynamic and now d seems to like static again. Its getting closer now.

Wow battery drai is very high

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Hi, I'm having trouble with the ipod and also an Imac can't log on. I'm using .87. I was able yesterday with version .85 to log on thru my winxp tablet but today it can't even see the network in its list of wifi's. The mac and ipod can see it but flash the dhcp settings, they are in the right numbers though. I tried going back to .85 but the xp machine still cant see the network!

Andy

ps I just did a crash cleanup and can now see and log onto the network with the xp machine, didn't need to re load .87. I also tried the ipod, it worked the first time I tried on static ip, failed again on dynamic and now d seems to like static again. Its getting closer now.

Wow battery drai is very high

Ok now I'm confused: which version are you running now? Does the iPod work on static?

I will add an extra option so you can turn on/off the DHCP 'enhancements' in v0.88. That might help with the iPod issue.

And yeah, WiFi is not so nice for battery. Be sure to use the powerswitch to turn off the screen and set your WiFi performance to save power instead of best performance :)

steviele

Jan 4, 2007
Great Tool

Thank you for the tool. I know nothing about routing but manage to get my 8525 to talk to my nokia N800. As far as I know, this tool is cleaner to implement than going to cmdline N800 and set up a dummy connection.

draghn

Jul 26, 2007
Reno
Ok now I'm confused: which version are you running now? Does the iPod work on static?

I will add an extra option so you can turn on/off the DHCP 'enhancements' in v0.88. That might help with the iPod issue.

And yeah, WiFi is not so nice for battery. Be sure to use the powerswitch to turn off the screen and set your WiFi performance to save power instead of best performance :)

I don't know why I didn't try it before, but my iPod Touch connects just fine when I configure it with a static IP using the settings you posted at the beginning of this thread.

Turning it back to DHCP starts causing the same problems mentioned before.

Using: v0.87

koerding2

Jan 7, 2008
Somehow now it works. Somehow I think the fact that I tried while being tethered may have interfered. Also ... I was never able to see the WMWifiRouter network in the list of available networks. Well... in any case ... great work! Is it necessary to add the adhoc network in windows before a connection is possible?

thanks for any help,
Konrad

Last edited:

DoPeY5007

Jan 7, 2008
Culver City
I just installed this on my 8525 (at&t) and got it to work

I needed to add in the WMWifiRouter wifi hot spot in as a setting with in the phones wifi settings.

worked fine.

Very nice app.

The only problem I encountered was I was unable to get on the net on the phone itself (IE, google maps etc)

Lowenski

Oct 27, 2007
Graphic Designer

Hi I'm a graphic designer if you need Help in the developing of an interface for the software

lowenski@gmail.com:)

borealcool

Jul 5, 2007
Quebec
EDIT Jan. 11: Please try this self-installing version of ICS first. If it doesn't work for you, try the manual install below.

I was able to install ICS to my Telus P4000 (Titan/Mogul) stock rom which only ships with WModem software. Both USB and WMWiFiRouter works, but I haven't tested BT. If anyone else gets it working, please report your device model for others to find.

Attachments

• ICS_Non_OEM.zip
    82.9 KB · Views: 2,878
Last edited:

Lowenski

Oct 27, 2007
BUG Unistalling

I have installed for testing the new 0.87 cab file but wen I try to uninstall it get out of the "installed programs list" but still installed in the programs and all shortcuts and the working program remains I run the crash reg I don't know if that can be the one causing the problem... but just letting know about that bug...

aron4588

Jun 14, 2007
to get this to work on the psp (probably ps3 ds and wi if not workini ) u have to enter the ad hoc connection name in the ssid field instead of searching for one becuz the psp doesn*t pick it up fast enough. Tested on a hack psp but it work on any psp ;)

adrimaxi

Sep 4, 2007
Fresnes
Hello this piece of soft ware sounds really good.
Does it can share Orangeworld Surf (FR) access ?
ANyway i'll try it !

cyburke

Nov 7, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
i would love to try this software but for some reason it will not install on my sprint htc touch.. is there a reason for this? wm6 it has....

remofo

Feb 7, 2007
Well seems we'll have to figure out what the exact issue is. Can you retry with v0.87? If the problem persists I will release v0.88 with an option to disable the "DHCP Allocator", and we can try with that (if that doesn't work either, it's not DHCP that is the problem - though it seems likely)

I tried 0.87 again and still the same issue. I also tried using a static IP yet the iPod's WIFI connection indicator continues to flash on & off. It is curious that the DHCP lookup works fine in 0.80 but not in 0.87.

Also one suggestion: perhaps allow the left soft-key to toggle connect / disconnect?

Mike Blitz

Jan 7, 2008
Is this to be used as a wireless adapter connected direct via usb to a pc?

I have followed the instructions but half the time it comes up as limited or no connectivity.

It also tried to use t-mobile internet and not my wireless router.

Probably a little mistake on my part.

I am using a Vario II with WM6 the version direct from HTC/T-Mobile.

Chainfire

Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Somehow now it works. Somehow I think the fact that I tried while being tethered may have interfered. Also ... I was never able to see the WMWifiRouter network in the list of available networks. Well... in any case ... great work! Is it necessary to add the adhoc network in windows before a connection is possible?

thanks for any help,
Konrad

It's better to find it through searching than manually adding it.

The only problem I encountered was I was unable to get on the net on the phone itself (IE, google maps etc)

This is a known 'issue' with no workaround. Don't even know why this is. Should add this to FAQ.

I was able to install ICS to my Telus P4000 (Titan/Mogul) stock rom which only ships with WModem software. Both USB and WMWiFiRouter works, but I haven't tested BT. If anyone else gets it working, please report your device model for others to find.

Thanks, added to ICS Install section

I have installed for testing the new 0.87 cab file but wen I try to uninstall it get out of the "installed programs list" but still installed in the programs and all shortcuts and the working program remains I run the crash reg I don't know if that can be the one causing the problem... but just letting know about that bug...

Will look at this.

to get this to work on the psp (probably ps3 ds and wi if not workini ) u have to enter the ad hoc connection name in the ssid field instead of searching for one becuz the psp doesn*t pick it up fast enough. Tested on a hack psp but it work on any psp ;)

Thanks for the info, added to second post.

i would love to try this software but for some reason it will not install on my sprint htc touch.. is there a reason for this? wm6 it has....

Is your WiFi turned on when you install it?

I tried 0.87 again and still the same issue. I also tried using a static IP yet the iPod's WIFI connection indicator continues to flash on & off. It is curious that the DHCP lookup works fine in 0.80 but not in 0.87.

Also one suggestion: perhaps allow the left soft-key to toggle connect / disconnect?

Will release v0.88 with the added configuration option soon. As for connect / disconnect, this sounds easier than it is :D It'll probably be there before v1.00 though.

Last version do not work with my Samsung i600

Doesn't work? How doesn't it work? Does it crash? You can't connect other devices? Need more info.

Chainfire

Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Is this to be used as a wireless adapter connected direct via usb to a pc?

I have followed the instructions but half the time it comes up as limited or no connectivity.

It also tried to use t-mobile internet and not my wireless router.

Probably a little mistake on my part.

I am using a Vario II with WM6 the version direct from HTC/T-Mobile.

No, this is used to give other devices that have WiFi access to your phone's data connection. It is NOT to provide WiFi access to your PC!

lennysh

Sep 14, 2007
White Oak, NC
www.lennysh.com
That's good to hear! It's English, WM6 classic.

This will not work on any classic edition of Windows Mobile. This app is designed to share a phones data connection over WiFi. Since it's a classic edition, that means it is not a phone. Therefore you have no Cellular Data Connection. So that is why ICS is not working. ICS does not come on classic editions for this reason. Not unless you can find a way to share the net that the classic receives from activesync to another wifi device, this will be pointless...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS NOT A SUPPORT TOPIC FOR THE COMMERCIAL VERSION. IF YOU ARE A REGISTERED USER AND ARE HAVING A PROBLEM, USE THE CONTACT FORM ON THE WEB SITE !

v0.91 and older users should post here, as those are not officially supported versions.

---

WMWifiRouter website:
    http://www.wmwifirouter.com/

Directly to the trial download:
    http://www.wmwifirouter.com/trial/

---

Before February 28, 2008
    Not going to recap the entire history here, the first release was November 2, 2007, with a lot of releases between then and February 28. The exact history you can find scattered through this topic and the previous one - TalynOne's.

February 28, 2008
    v0.96 TRIAL has been released.

March 13, 2008
    v0.97 TRIAL has been released.

March 26, 2008
    v1.00 has been released (!)

April 1, 2008
    v1.01 has been released. Various small bugfixes, specific device compatibility fixes for EM-ONE, EM-ONE Alpha and W-ZERO3. Also adds semi-live traffic statistics and live connection monitoring.

1.02, 1.03, 1.04
    These are just small maintenance releases bringing nothing really new. Some device specific things added again for the Japanese users, new trial end dates, small bug fixes.

June 3, 2008
    v1.05 has been released. Various small issues fixed. Capability added for multilingual support (only English is included out of the box, though), corporate EULA changes, new EXE installer (which can 'inject' your license key into the installation, and remembers it for future installs), small GUI adjustments.

I'd like to stress again that almost all new functionality is going into the 1.20 branch, and the < 1.20 branch will remain maintenance updates only.

June 12, 2008
    v1.20 beta sent out to the first beta testers! It still has a very long way to go, but the semi-public beta (select numer of registered users only) is probably not far off!

July 23, 2008
    v1.09 released and the beta is still going steady. Hopefully a public release soon!

August 13, 2008
    v1.10 released.

August 25, 2008
    v1.20 beta build 500 upgraded to 'semi-public' status - available to all paying customers. Newer builds available every few days, these will not be announced.

September 3, 2008
    v1.11 released - probably the last 1.10 version!

September 11, 2008
    v1.20 released

November 11, 2008
    v1.25 released

March 20, 2009
    v1.30 released

July 3, 2009
    v1.50 released

July 9, 2009
    v1.52 released

Backlight timeout issue fix: http://support.wmwifirouter.com/knowledge/KB0907027/

December 17, 2009
    v1.60 released
    -- reserved --

-- reserved --
    Hmmm... I don't know the reasoning, but I see that this has been removed from the second post, so I figured I'd post it for anybody that may still need it...

Instructions:
    - Download the attached ICSInstall.CAB and put it on your phone
    - Click the CAB to start the install
    - Make sure to install to the DEVICE, not to the storage card!
    - Soft-reset
    - Run WMWifiRouter and have fun :)
    Not really.. We're aware this conflicts on some devices, it's quite likely because many devices have a single antenna that is used for both bluetooth and wifi (and thus can interfere with eachother), combined with drivers that are not built to handle it. That's 'informed speculation', though ;)

I can assure you however, even though WMWifiRouter also offers the option to share over bluetooth, nothing is done with/to your bluetooth stack unless you choose a connection profile that actually uses it (this is true as well for cellular, wifi, usb). It's not something WMWifiRouter is doing, it's something your device is (not) doing.

I do know there some registry edit you can do on a device or two that enables simultaneous use (in the driver?). I think it was for the Athena, but not sure, been a while since I've seen that hack.

And BTW, I see you mentioned the data connection being interrupted during a call and resuming after... that is not "normal" behaviour as you describe it, in fact, it depends entirely on the network you are using and it's capabilities. For comparison, my data connection never drops when I get a call (it'll happily keep going), while for other people calls do not come through at all when a data connection is active. For more information, see http://support.wmwifirouter.com/knowledge/KB0802013/.