Moto RAZR Icons & Bootanimation Optimized for defy/defy+

Search This thread

GaganPla

Aug 9, 2009
this is the fantastic bootanimation from Moto RAZR. it is optimized for defy/defy+ & System Icons
use root explorer and copy&replace the attached bootanimation to /system/media and overrite the existing one or use Motomizer from market
reboot.
enjoy
:)

here the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSKTHwd_ZTs

IF u like it dont forgot to hit the THANKS button :)

Attachments

• RAZRbootanimation.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 2,299
Last edited:

GaganPla

Aug 9, 2009
how can i replace the icons folder?
it depends ....u need to have devices rooted. and make sure u make nandroid backup incase if something goes wrong :)

1.download root explorer from android market and go to system/framework folder and copy blur-res.apk file & paste on computer to any folder
2.dont extract blur-res & rarz icons, just open both files in winrar/zip & keep both windows open side by side
3.now in open window of blur-res.apk go to res\drawable-hdpi and keep it open
4.from open window of rarz icons just select from ic_launcher_accounts.png to ic_widget_wifi.png and pull those selected files to open window of blur-res.apk res\drawable-hdpi and replace them.
5.now u have to push modified blur-res.apk through adb back to system/framework. nd voila enjoy ur new icons ;D

Last edited:
Reactions: coelho_

coelho_

Oct 28, 2011
desmond.imageshack.us
it depends ....u need to have devices rooted. and make sure u make nandroid backup incase if something goes wrong :)

now copy blur-res.apk from system/framework folder to computer on any drive.
dont extract blur-res & rarz icons just open both files in winrar/zip.
go to blur-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi.
replace files in same order from rarz icons just select from ic_launcher_accounts.png to ic_widget_wifi.png and pull those selected files to blur-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi and replace them .
now u have to push modified blur-res.apk through adb back to system/framework. nd voila enjoy ur new icons ;D

hi i understand for boot animation but not for the icon zip:(

GaganPla

Aug 9, 2009
I think this icon is for blur system dont work for cm7

it will work but u need to replace those files in specific apk .i dont know about cm7 since i m on ms2ginger 3.but u can check this guide from neopeek.com website here i paste it

Changing Icons in the Appdrawer

i have not tested this way. be sure what u do and allways make a backup of ur system !

The icons themselves are stored inside the individual apk files. You need to open each one, swap out the icon and reassemble it. It's not nearly as hard as it sounds.

1. Tools you need
7zip Download the appropriate version for your PC.
The original copy of the Fresh ROM you used to flash your phone.
The icons you want to change.

2. Create a working folder on your PC.
3. Using 7zip, open the Fresh ROM zip file. Navigate to the system/app folder inside the ROM. Highlight ALL the .apk files, and drag them into your working folder. Close the Fresh ROM zip file.
4. Decide on which icon you want to change first. I'll use the Browser as an example.
5. Use 7zip to open the Browser.apk you pulled out of the Fresh ROM. Once open, look for the res/drawable folder inside the apk.
6. Inside that folder, look for an .png file named ic_launcher_browser.png . That's the icon that the app uses.
7. Have your new icon ready. It should be 48x48 and a .png file. Make sure it's named ic_launcher_browser.png .
8. Drag the NEW icon into the open 7zip window that's showing the res/drawable folder. Choose yes if it asks you about overwriting the original file.
9. Close 7zip.

The Browser app has now been changed and will show your new icon in the drawer, and on the homescreen if you paste a shortcut. Do the same for each of the apps you want to change the icon of. The icon will always be in /res/drawable, and be named ic_launcher_ **app name**.png

Once you have changed all the icons, you'll have a set of apk files with your new icons. You can push these to the phone one by one from the terminal, or you can create your own update.zip

To push them to the phone (once again Browser.apk will be our example)
1. In your Android SDK/tools folder, make a new folder called icons.
2. Copy the Browser.apk file to the folder you just created.
3. Open the windows command prompt, and navigate to the Android SDK/tools folder. NOT the new folder you just made.
4. Enter the following commands one line at a time:
Code:
adb remount
adb push \icons\Browser.apk /system/app/Browser.apk
5. Do the same for each of the apk files you edited, changing the name Browser.apk to the name of the file you're pushing to the phone.
6. Reboot the phone.
7. done - have fun :)

hope this helps u :)

Reactions: coelho_

realityrat

Feb 9, 2011
Brooklyn
this is the fantastic bootanimation from Moto RAZR. it is optimized for defy/defy+ & System Icons
use root explorer and copy&replace the attached bootanimation to /system/media and overrite the existing one or use Motomizer from market
reboot.
enjoy

Running MIUI 2.3.9. Replaced bootanimation.zip in system/media and data/local but still shows my old animation. Anyone know of another place MIUI might hide the bootanimation.zip? Tried leaving permissions alone and changing them to match my old animation. Nothing works, just keeps showing old animation. Any help would be appreciated, really want to try this out. Thanks

GaganPla

Aug 9, 2009
Running MIUI 2.3.9. Replaced bootanimation.zip in system/media and data/local but still shows my old animation. Anyone know of another place MIUI might hide the bootanimation.zip? Tried leaving permissions alone and changing them to match my old animation. Nothing works, just keeps showing old animation. Any help would be appreciated, really want to try this out. Thanks
check this post ....might help u ;)
www.droidxforums.com/forum/miui/33170-fix-applying-custom-bootanimations-miui.html

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    reboot.
    enjoy

IF u like it dont forgot to hit the THANKS button :)
    Will it work on cm7?? And the icon pack is flasheable?

Enviado desde mi MB525 usando Tapatalk

yup it will work on any rom and nope icons r not flashable ....but u can use it with desktop visualizer or theme ur phone the way u like
    u can hit the thanks button instead of saying thanks keeps the thread clean ;)
    how can i replace the icons folder?

1.download root explorer from android market and go to system/framework folder and copy blur-res.apk file & paste on computer to any folder
    2.dont extract blur-res & rarz icons, just open both files in winrar/zip & keep both windows open side by side
    3.now in open window of blur-res.apk go to res\drawable-hdpi and keep it open
    4.from open window of rarz icons just select from ic_launcher_accounts.png to ic_widget_wifi.png and pull those selected files to open window of blur-res.apk res\drawable-hdpi and replace them.
    5.now u have to push modified blur-res.apk through adb back to system/framework. nd voila enjoy ur new icons ;D
    hi i understand for boot animation but not for the icon zip:(

what part adb or replacing files ?