[View]S-OFF GB to HC and back again, CWM, ROOT: Read even if you have S-OFF on HC

Search This thread

mumbles202

Jan 4, 2012
Just got my View back from HTC and they decided to change my hboot from 6.14.5556 to 1.14.0005 and "upgrade" me to HC. I was able to use htcdev to unlock my bootloader, but not sure how I go about getting my hboot to a version compatible with Revolutionary or back to 6.14.5556 (unless I can just download the 6.14.5556 file and flash it manually?). Any help would be appreciated.

kevinrocksman

Oct 18, 2009
Just got my View back from HTC and they decided to change my hboot from 6.14.5556 to 1.14.0005 and "upgrade" me to HC. I was able to use htcdev to unlock my bootloader, but not sure how I go about getting my hboot to a version compatible with Revolutionary or back to 6.14.5556 (unless I can just download the 6.14.5556 file and flash it manually?). Any help would be appreciated.

Heres the problem I see with this... You said they changed your hboot from 6.14.5556.... You do know that IS HC right?

Use my tool....

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1418258

Does everything for you... If you need help please go to my irc channel, I can help you out for about 1 1/2 hours

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=htcevo4gmultifunctiontool

---------- Post added at 04:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------

To explain a bit further

6.13.1002=GB compatible
6.14.5555=HC compatible
6.14.5556=HC compatible

---------- Post added at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 AM ----------

also it's not as easy as just "flashing the hboot", you have to downgrade, revolutionize and then you can "flash/update to 6.14.5556"

mumbles202

Jan 4, 2012
Thanks for the link, will check it out tonight(compatible with do or windows 7?). Will i have any issues since i unlocked the bootloader? When I sent it in I had 6.14.5556 iirc and was running the Desensed rom. When I got it back it had 1.14.0005 and HC.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

kevinrocksman

Oct 18, 2009
Thanks for the link, will check it out tonight(compatible with do or windows 7?). Will i have any issues since i unlocked the bootloader? When I sent it in I had 6.14.5556 iirc and was running the Desensed rom. When I got it back it had 1.14.0005 and HC.

Yes my tool is compatible with all systems. If your computers default language isnt english you will have to download the "fix" also.

Download V10 and V10.1.

Before you had 6.14.5556 HC (Desensed Rom) now your running 1.14.0005 HC (Stock).

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
hmm I was on GB and I'm trying to go back to HC but then RUU posted in the OP updates the hboot and a few other things then reboots the bootloader, then it just gets stuck on "Sending....." forever.. I even tried unzipping rom.zip and flashing the images (hboot, boot, system, recovery) in fastboot and it gets stuck on sending(the hboot image will flash though) I know I had a similar issue when I went from HC to GB but I dont remember how I fixed it. I'm trying to get back to HC so I can work on seeing about porting over that Evo design 4g ics rom to the view

nevermind, I got it. I just put the rom.zip on the sdcard and changed the name and let the bootloader do it

Last edited:

dees1

Aug 7, 2013
HTC Evo View 4G Hboot

Hie, am new here, i have a HTC Evo View 4G from Sprint, made a mistake whilst playing around with tablet and i believe i flashed wrong bootloader and the view no longer switches on, and cant get into Hboot, but if i connect to pc it is recognized as My HTC i need help flashing the bootloader and the necessary files needed.

any help will be greatly appreciated

kevinrocksman

Oct 18, 2009
anyone have the files for this post... all files needed are 404d

I dont understandhow people are having so many issues. I downloaded thia 30 min ago and it worked fine for me

Go to kevinrocksman.com then kevinrocksman folder then click on Multitool_V10.3_offline.rar

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

anyone have the files for this post... all files needed are 404d

I dont understandhow people are having so many issues. I downloaded thia 30 min ago and it worked fine for me

Go to kevinrocksman.com then kevinrocksman folder then click on Multitool_V10.3_offline.rar

Well thats interesting.... 4.3mb. That doesnt make any sense. Ill try to reupload it in the next couple days

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Preamble
    This is the S-OFF upgrade from GingerBread to HoneyComb
    Do not perform this procedure if you have the official HTC hboot, it will not work. You must have a revolutionary hboot (see prerequisites).

***If you performed this procedure with previously and have hboot version 6.14.5555 please update to the new hboot, 6.14.5555 is no longer supported***
    Upgrade instructions at the bottom of the procedures.

Prerequisites
    • You must have performed Revolutionary S-OFF
    • If running on windows you will need these fastboot drivers
    • If running the procedure on Linux or MacOS you must have fastboot working.

There are no other software prerequisites for this procedure, it does not matter what ROM/Kernel or recovery you are using.

Don't bother asking for help if you try to do this on a virtual machine, you won't get any.
    Run on a real machine.

Windows Instructions
    1. Download this file MD5=c62cc1d0453799a7277abfea444d20e4
    2. Download the superuser zip file MD5=69f81ca292f14f71b081bb45a556a3e3
    3. Copy the superuser zip file to the root of your SDCARD
    4. Extract the large zip file downloaded in step 1
    5. Navigate to the RUU_Express_B02 directory
    6. Double-click ARUWizard.exe and proceed like any other RUU, ticking the boxes and pressing next the screen as required.

Postinstall
    7. Reboot to recovery
    8. Flash the SU zip file copyed in instruction 3

Linux/MacOS Instructions (Also works on windows, use if ARUWizard.exe crashes for you)
    1. Download this file MD5=5ef525038a3b8b0af2f214098fd80252
    4. Boot your view to fastboot mode.
    5. Run the following commands:
      Code:
      fastboot erase cache
      fastboot oem rebootRUU
      fastboot flash zip RUU_Express_B02_RAW.zip
      [COLOR="Red"][I]***This will fail first time with error 90, repeat the command[/I][/COLOR]
      fastboot flash zip RUU_Express_B02_RAW.zip
      [COLOR="Red"][I]***Ignore the on-screen progress bar, the flash is complete when fastboot completes[/I][/COLOR]
      fastboot reboot
      Postinstall
    6. Reboot to recovery
    7. Flash the SU zip file copyed in instruction 3

Alternative Installation Instruction (Any OS)
    1. Download this file MD5=5ef525038a3b8b0af2f214098fd80252
    3. Rename the RUU_Express_B02_RAW.zip file PG41IMG.zip and place on the root of your (external) sdcard
    4. Copy the superuser zip file to the root of your SDCARD
    5. Boot your view bootloader, it will detect the PG41IMG.zip file and ask you to confirm update, confirm the update
      ***This will fail after completing part of the update, don't worry it's expected***
    6. Boot your view bootloader a second time, it will detect the PG41IMG.zip file and ask you to confirm update, confirm the update again.

Postinstall
    7. Reboot to recovery
    8. Flash the SU zip file copyed in instruction 3

Do not mirror files from this post.

No discussion of Honeycomb content or changes or the relative merits of Gingerbread and Honeycomb. This thread is for the procedure and support thereof only! Also please don't quote the first post because your post becomes an automatic TLDR.

Update Instructions
    Use these instructions if you currently have hboot 6.14.5555 - Your data should be preserved but take a backup first just in case.
    Method 1
    1. Download this file MD5=20fd6e7546ac2fc422c5a9a5b366f77c
    2. Copy the file to the root of your external SDCARD
    3. Boot your view bootloader, it will detect the PG41IMG.zip file and ask you to confirm update, confirm the update

Method 2
    1. Download this file MD5=20fd6e7546ac2fc422c5a9a5b366f77c
    2. Boot your view to fastboot mode.
    3. Run the following commands:
      Code:
      fastboot erase cache
      fastboot oem rebootRUU
      fastboot flash zip PG41IMG.zip
      [I][COLOR="Red"]***Ignore the on-screen progress bar, the flash is complete when fastboot completes[/COLOR][/I]
      fastboot reboot

[Revision History]

B02 - updated full version: hboot 6.14.5556
    New bootloader to patch bugs with fastboot flashing
    - Fastboot flashing splash1 fixed
    - Fastboot flashing hboot fixed
    Patch for upgrading from a previous version added.

B01 - Initial full version: hboot 6.14.5555

BETA- Developer preview

Special thanks: contradude for the early and riskiest testing, and Maine_Coon for all the ongoing testing
    Downgrade to Gingerbread

Preamble
    This is the S-OFF downgrade from HoneyComb to S-OFF GingerBread if you are not S-OFF and have a HTC (not revolutionary) hboot then do not do this it will not work.

The full versions of these files will give you a fully functional Gingerbread installation with S-OFF, CWM recovery and boot image with the secure flag turned off.

Windows Instructions
    1. Download this file MD5=f5afc4b457a17f88cc611b40e6c7cdc8
    4. Extract the large zip file downloaded in step 1
    5. Navigate to the Express_Downgrade directory
    6. Double-click ARUWizard.exe and proceed like any other RUU, ticking the boxes and pressing next the screen as required.

Postinstall
    7. Reboot to recovery
    8. Flash the SU zip file copied in instruction 3 if using the full version.

Linux/MacOS Instructions (Also works on windows, use if ARUWizard.exe crashes for you)
    1. Download this file MD5=7cfbaf099d80d899b13848a3ed3fd66a
    4. Boot your view to fastboot mode.
    5. Run the following commands:
      Code:
      fastboot erase cache
      fastboot oem rebootRUU
      fastboot flash zip Express_dg.zip [colour=blue](or Express_dg_lite.zip as appropriate)[/blue]
      [COLOR="Red"][I]***This will fail first time with error 90, repeat the command[/I][/COLOR]
      fastboot flash zip Express_dg.zip [colour=blue](or Express_dg_lite.zip as appropriate)[/blue]
      [COLOR="Red"][I]***Ignore the on-screen progress bar, the flash is complete when fastboot completes[/I][/COLOR]
      fastboot reboot
      Postinstall
    6. Reboot to recovery
    7. Flash the SU zip file copied in instruction 3 if using the full version.

Alternative Installation Instruction (Any OS)
    1. Download this file MD5=7cfbaf099d80d899b13848a3ed3fd66a
    3. Rename the file downloaded in step1 to PG41IMG.zip and place on the root of your (external) sdcard
    4. Copy the superuser zip file to the root of your SDCARD
    5. Boot your view bootloader, it will detect the PG41IMG.zip file and ask you to confirm update, confirm the update
      ***This will fail after completing part of the update, don't worry it's expected***
    6. Boot your view bootloader a second time, it will detect the PG41IMG.zip file and ask you to confirm update, confirm the update again.

Postinstall
    7. Reboot to recovery
    8. Flash the SU zip file copied in instruction 3 if using the full version.

Do not mirror files from this post.
    I have done everything according to the instructions and honeycomb is running fine. When I reboot into the bootloader, it shows me that the device is S-OFF and I have had no problems whatsoever installing and running honeycomb; it went off without a hitch. However I am unable to flash the superuser zip because somehow a recovery isn't installed. When I adb reboot recovery or attempt to load the recovery from the boot menu, I just get taken to an image of a tablet with a red triangle and exclamation point. Tried to push su to /system/bin but it's a RO filesystem, I don't know what the partitions are and if I can even remount them without root. Any suggestions on how I can flash the superuser app? Thanks for all of your help guys, very much appreciated!

sounds you don't have custom recovery installed. i had to run the express mini ruu twice (back to back) for all OK. if your still soff,
    #just boot into bootloader
    #select fastboot
    #extract the recovery.img file from express mini ruu.zip
    #place it in your fastboot directory
    #open up cmd and run fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

this should flash cwm recovery.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium
    Question (not for Globatron!--he's busy!):

I'm a noob to the View. Really like it, even with GB. Also, like what I've seen of HC. Understand that the new hboot provided with the HC OTA creates a one-way street: no way back to GB (if that's desired) and, presumably, no way to any other mods created here.

What I'm wondering is, does anyone know whether the new hboot is irretrievably this way, or whether this is a "for now" problem, one that will be worked out by Valentine's Day or St. Patrick's Day? (From the old Palm days, I have learned that it is sometimes best to (not-so-patiently) wait...) Also, while I realize that some of you are custom ROM partisans, is this mostly about making sure that there isn't an impediment to an eventual upgrade to ICS--regardless of whether HTC/Sprint wants that to happen--or not?

The particular reason that I'm posing this is that I like my View, and, reading the instructions here (which, for me, are near to being in Danish), I have visions of trying to do this, and turning it into a brick, soft or hard. (Command line is not one of my strengths, and my son assures me that this is all well beyond my capabilities or needs.)

Thoughts?

Once the wrinkles are ironed out the beginner version of the upgrade will be just like a normal RUU.

The rollback hopefully be like two RUUs if not it will probably be a install these things from a list and then "double click this"
    Ok, so a lot of people seem to be new to the Evo View and have questions about the step-by-step procedure for using Globatron's method for getting rooted HC, so here's my write up as I did it:

Need:
    HTC Evo View 4G stock unrooted on Android 2.3.4 (if already S-off skip ahead)

ADB/Fastboot Setup: see here how to do that http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=532719

Use these Fastboot drivers here http://downloads.unrevoked.com/HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe

Download Revolutionary here www.revolutionary.io and follow instructions to root and S-off your View on 2.3.4 (Remember to copy Superuser to your sdcard, yes you need a micro sdcard to do any of this)

Put this Superuser.zip on your sdcard http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...h-signed.zip&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13248412747271

Once you've succesfully completed using revolutionary, run an RUU from here http://www.filefactory.com/file/c0a...1.0531_NV_2.28_SPCS_release_198141_signed.exe

Then follow the instructions from the first post. NOTE: You may have to flash the mini-ruu more than once to get it to go (took me two tries). If you get to where you flash the mini-RUU and the green bar is at 70% just type in fastboot reboot-bootloader to get back into the bootloader and go into recovery.

Boot into recovery from the bootloader.

Flash the superuser.zip from recovery, do a nandroid backup, reboot into HC!