[S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

2kwic25

Dec 13, 2010
after trying to get this to work for a while now, adb still cant find my device unless it is in recovery. once in recovery i noticed it cant mount cache/recovery/log, cache/recovery/last_log and a few others. anyone have an idea as to what happened or how i might fix this?

edit:in my mounts and storage menu, i get error mounting messages for everything.

i did this to get my recovery back working cause i didnt back up my sd card and 4ext would not mount my sd card or anything but i think you need to format the sd card first then do the steps i may be wrong but you can try

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1612451

Last edited:

krook6023

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 9, 2009
Midwest, USA
OnePlus 8
This works great, will donate my pledge since my Amaze is now s-off!! First thing I did was flash this splash...NO MOAR WHITE!!!!

uwuQU.png

It is attached, unzip and then it be can flashed via fastboot;

Code:
fastboot splash splash1 splash_black.img

Attachments

• spash_black.7z
    6.3 KB · Views: 47
This works great, will donate my pledge since my Amaze is now s-off!! First thing I did was flash this splash...NO MOAR WHITE!!!!

Code:
brilliant, unfortunately, is misspelled... hehe...

Reactions: ChristoA1

PeterC18st

Oct 21, 2008
NYC
After a few tries it worked and now I'm S-Off. Like the above comments I too lost my sdcard files. Wish there was a warning I would have swapped out a blank one to perform the procedure. Oh well. Cheers to the dev's that figured this out.

djdeviance

Sep 15, 2007
I don't know if anyone had trouble with this but this was pretty damn easy...S-OFF over here with no issues.

jimczyz

Jun 22, 2010
Third time was a charm for me. GREAT job guys. My pledge is on it's way!

Confirmation number: 9HY8905292608704M.

hnt20

Nov 20, 2010
San Diego
nice and easy. got my S-OFF within 30 minutes :) sent my pledge already..

thanks guys for your great work.

dharvey4651

Retired Senior Moderator
May 11, 2007
Olathe, Kansas
xdaforums.com
What problem were you having because my device still wont even boot past the white HTC logo.

I couldn't get the timing down. I finally did and successfully flashed S-Off

Thank you good sir. I'm not ENG S-OFF with a LOCKED bootloader. :eek:

Never thought I'd see the day. Now to see if I can re-unlock it with the HTC Unlocker method and have the best of both worlds.

EDIT:: Seems it's not possible. Maybe due to the new hboot on the device.

Last edited:

electronicrice

Apr 18, 2007
Chandler, AZ
Assuming that fastboot commands are the same, the "writesecureflag 3" command should relock the phone to S-ON with a "***Locked***" indicator in bootloader AFTER ensuring a stock non-rooted ROM is flashed back to the phone. That should in theory, restore the phone back to factory condition. Not entirely sure as I haven't tested it, but maybe one of the devs can chime in.

00Ghz

Binary said a while ago that a hardware hack may be needed to get S-OFF. It seems HTC goes to extremes to prevent us from having it, not that they are really succeeding. Great job.

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions and Downloads:

http://unlimited.io/juopunutbear.htm

Support:

Support for our tools is via IRC channel #unlimited on freenode ONLY. If you do not have an IRC client you can use this link.

We DO NOT provide support, instructions, or downloads via XDA. Please see our website: http://unlimited.io

Using how-to guides, "kits" and using other instructions on XDA to S-OFF your device is not recommended and will not be supported by Team Unlimited. If you want the best experience and results - go direct to the source. Dealing with support issues through the forums is inefficient and posts may get lost in long support threads, of which we would have too many to actively monitor. We have therefore decided that all support should be through our IRC channel. This will allow us to help you in real-time and through the whole process.

**You may not redistribute nor link directly to any of our tools without the expressed consent of Team Unlimited. We DO NOT authorize any dev use of our tools within other kits or tools.**
    Place your Prerequisites
    on the main page of your site... Simple[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Stop your *****in... Its your fault you didn't take precaution and read the instructions. Stop blaming this on the people that put there hard work into giving you s off just because you ****ed up

uwuQU.png

Code:
    I think having the proper "tools" makes this really simple... also the timing... so here let me try and help those who are having some issues...

1. there are normally two sizes of paper clip, large and small, if you can find a small paper clip with plastic coating this is ideal... keeping the paper clip "flat" just kind of "unroll" it open, then just strip 1/4" off each end, now bend the shortest end 90 degrees down, then bend the paper clip to be "open" from the 90 degree tip, to the other end to be wide enough that you can stick the bent part into the hole, and then just by "rocking" the paper clip a little you can touch the other end to the ground point... now you are ready
    2. if you're really worried about the plastic not being enough insulation then use something like electrical tape where you will grip the paper clip, or use a small potato chip bag clip to hold the paper clip with
    3. start the program
    4. go ahead and stick the bent end of the paper clip in the hole, but DON'T TOUCH THE GROUND yet...
    5. wait for the prompt to do the wire trick
    6. touch and swipe the end of the paper clip across the ground, if you don't hear the sound from USB connect/disconnect then you haven't gotten the first touch to "connect" keep trying until you hear this sound
    7. AFTER hearing this sound wait the 1.5-1.75 secs, and touch/swipe the paper clip again... you should be good to go now...

I just found the wire I was using at first just not stiff enough to make a good connection... this worked on the first try for me!
    I made a little video for people who wanted something to see first, before they try it.

thanks to everyone in the JuopunutBear IRC chat for the support.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUDSwQbCVF8&feature=youtu.be