[Heimdall][Odin][Stock][Root]UCKH7/KK6 Return/Unbrick to Stock (or Root)

Search This thread

Brobarian

Jan 23, 2012
Tucson
Bought a SGII I777, followed this guide for root/unlock. Now I have run into a problem. My carrier is T-Mobile, put in my SIM, and I cannot get 4g only "E." I downloaded and flashed first thread. Do I need a different modem package/radio to get 4g? Did I unlock my phone incorrectly? Please help! Must have 4G, derrrrpppppppp.

dirtbikerr450

Oct 19, 2011
USA
Bought a SGII I777, followed this guide for root/unlock. Now I have run into a problem. My carrier is T-Mobile, put in my SIM, and I cannot get 4g only "E." I downloaded and flashed first thread. Do I need a different modem package/radio to get 4g? Did I unlock my phone incorrectly? Please help! Must have 4G, derrrrpppppppp.

There is absolutely nothing you can do to get 4g on this phone on t mobile

HellBunny

Nov 7, 2008

The I777 (and most non-T-Mobile phones) doesn't support T-Mobile's 3/4G frequencies. It is a physical limitation. Nothing you can do on the software/firmware side to fix this.

jcomana

Dec 31, 2011
Maracaibo
Cf-Root fot ATT SGS2

Hi..I new in the forum and have a litle detail ehich I don t know is asociated to this theme. The AT&T SG2 is coming with a 3rd edition ok the Recovery Software that don t permit to insstall any kernel or Roms due to that you can open a zip file unsigned. The recomendation isinstall a 2nd edition of the Recovery soft insalled trought ODIN but have a lot of CF Root fie in the forum. One of the member suggest to review in the ATT SG2 right here. All the ATT SG2 is coming eithvGB 2.3.4 and UCKH7 Baseband. Could someone show me which CF Root I have to use.? Sorry for the long explanation and use this topic to request my help

xdahgary

Aug 18, 2010
Hi everybody, I'm trying to help my friend migrate from the sgsII to the skyrocket. So I gotta root and TiB his apps + data over. The problem is he's got kk6 so I can't use superoneclick. So I saw this thread and a rooted kk6 kernel. Can someone tell me if I can use odin and go into dl mode and flash the kernel only will give me root + su? Thanks in advance.

elbermu

Dec 18, 2011
Hi there. I'm trying to flash KK6 from earlier in this thread to my SGS 2 (AT&T i777) using Heimdall. I'm trying to go back to stock after a bad experience with an ICS ROM (Shostock, if you're curious).

On two separate systems (one Windows 7, one Ubuntu Linux) Heimdall reports an error:

Code:
Uploading FACTORYFS
42%
ERROR: Failed to confirm end of file transfer sequence!
FACTORYFS upload failed!
Ending session...
Rebooting device...

I saw something in another thread that talked about a modem update causing this - could it be that?

Had that error too, downgrading heimdall to 1.3.1 let me complete the process...

Thanks to OP for this...

Reactions: Simba501

creepyncrawly

Sep 3, 2010
Hi everybody, I'm trying to help my friend migrate from the sgsII to the skyrocket. So I gotta root and TiB his apps + data over. The problem is he's got kk6 so I can't use superoneclick. So I saw this thread and a rooted kk6 kernel. Can someone tell me if I can use odin and go into dl mode and flash the kernel only will give me root + su? Thanks in advance.

No, the root is contained in the factoryfs.img, not the kernel. Flash the package in odin or heimdall without a wipe and should be fine.

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Hi..I new in the forum and have a litle detail ehich I don t know is asociated to this theme. The AT&T SG2 is coming with a 3rd edition ok the Recovery Software that don t permit to insstall any kernel or Roms due to that you can open a zip file unsigned. The recomendation isinstall a 2nd edition of the Recovery soft insalled trought ODIN but have a lot of CF Root fie in the forum. One of the member suggest to review in the ATT SG2 right here. All the ATT SG2 is coming eithvGB 2.3.4 and UCKH7 Baseband. Could someone show me which CF Root I have to use.? Sorry for the long explanation and use this topic to request my help

Please search and reads before posting. CF-Root is an I9100 kernel, it has nothing to do with I777.

How to root the device is already covered in the FAQs, stickies, and creepyncrawly's guides. Read them please.

Reactions: 4-2ndtwin

elbermu

Dec 18, 2011
Please search and reads before posting. CF-Root is an I9100 kernel, it has nothing to do with I777.

How to root the device is already covered in the FAQs, stickies, and creepyncrawly's guides. Read them please.

Surprised, took me an hour to root my device, flash a kernel with cwm and install AOKP, all found in xda, and a little help from CM7 install guide. The only problem I found was that in my previous post.

Cool story!!!

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

starryeyez

Mar 9, 2011
Michigan
Phone is freezing and restarting

My Sgs2 keeps freezing to where I have to remove the battery and restart it , to get it working again. Should I return to stock ? If so where do I get that file, I've tried the one on the first link this thread but no luck with the megaupload links. I've factory reset it and it's still not acting right. It's really laggy, still freezes and some times reboots itself. I don't know what to do.

:confused:

creepyncrawly

Sep 3, 2010
My Sgs2 keeps freezing to where I have to remove the battery and restart it , to get it working again. Should I return to stock ? If so where do I get that file, I've tried the one on the first link this thread but no luck with the megaupload links. I've factory reset it and it's still not acting right. It's really laggy, still freezes and some times reboots itself. I don't know what to do.

:confused:

You could first try a wipe data/factory reset, but you will lose all your installed apps, and personal settings. Or if you don't want to try that...

You don't say what you're running currently. If you are on a custom rom and have ClockworkMod Recovery, then just reflash the rom, or pick another one to flash. If you're on stock, then reflash stock. If you reflash the same rom or the same version of stock (UCKH7 or UCKK6) then you will probably fix your problems and be able to get by without a wipe data/factory reset. But after you flash, if the problems persist, then do a wipe data/factory reset.

You should be able to download what you need from my Download Repository. See link in my signature.

SpencerRelly

Jan 2, 2012
Denver
I'm assuming this has been answered. But I can't seem to find it. After rooting my wifi doesn't work. Is there a way to fix this?

Russellmania

Nov 1, 2011
Been doing a lot of reading and searching (I have like 20 tabs open right now haha) and the one thing I'm still not totally clear on is if I flash "Kernel + cache + rooted UCKK6 system package" on my 2.3.6 stock phone using Odin, will I have to do a full wipe? I know when flashing a UCKH7 package that wifi will be broken and I'll have to flash CWM and a new Kernel (along with full wipe) to get back to working order, but I'm not sure I understand what going straight to the UCKK6 package does.

creepyncrawly

Sep 3, 2010
Been doing a lot of reading and searching (I have like 20 tabs open right now haha) and the one thing I'm still not totally clear on is if I flash "Kernel + cache + rooted UCKK6 system package" on my 2.3.6 stock phone using Odin, will I have to do a full wipe? I know when flashing a UCKH7 package that wifi will be broken and I'll have to flash CWM and a new Kernel (along with full wipe) to get back to working order, but I'm not sure I understand what going straight to the UCKK6 package does.

As long as you are not changing to a different version, it is very likely you can flash without a wipe. So UCKK6 to UCKK6 should be fine. Try it and see. If you do happen to get force closes or other problems, you can still fix it with a wipe.

Russellmania

Nov 1, 2011
As long as you are not changing to a different version, it is very likely you can flash without a wipe. So UCKK6 to UCKK6 should be fine. Try it and see. If you do happen to get force closes or other problems, you can still fix it with a wipe.

Well I'm not even rooted yet and want the opportunity to do a TiBu before I have to wipe so I'm just trying to figure out the safest method.

Edit: Nevermind, I just flashed using step 2c of Creepy's guide and the 2.3.4 package.

Last edited:

Simba501

Feb 2, 2010
Hi I'm looking for the same UCKH7 non-rooted return to stock file. Is the download repository on the first page? Because I couldn't find a dropbox link. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

It's in his signature; load the thread from your browser or on a computer.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Last edited:

Incloud

Oct 14, 2011
Worcester
inclouddesign.com
Siyah Kernel

After trying out about 9 different ICS Rom's i decided to flash back to UCKh7 Gingerbread and leave my phone alone. It is still rooted and I just updated it through Samsung. I have Android version 2.3.6 and kernel version 2.6.35.7 What I am wondering is if the latest SiyahKernel v3.2.4 will work for Gingerbread and the version I am using? Sorry if this is noobish and I do not claim to be an expert in any way. I just played around in here for a few weeks and now want to have my phone stock but with the best performance possible without moving away to far. Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

creepyncrawly

Sep 3, 2010
After trying out about 9 different ICS Rom's i decided to flash back to UCKh7 Gingerbread and leave my phone alone. It is still rooted and I just updated it through Samsung. I have Android version 2.3.6 and kernel version 2.6.35.7 What I am wondering is if the latest SiyahKernel v3.2.4 will work for Gingerbread and the version I am using? Sorry if this is noobish and I do not claim to be an expert in any way. I just played around in here for a few weeks and now want to have my phone stock but with the best performance possible without moving away to far. Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

Siyah 3.2.4 is for ICS only. There is a Siyah for Gingerbread. The latest version is 2.6.14, and you can find the thread on about page 3 of this forum. Or you can use Entropy512's Daily Driver Gingerbread kernel, which is also in this forum.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Multiupload links removed - MU seems to be gone forever. I will repost an unrooted UCKH7 package in the next week along with a modem package - Until then, use the rooted package and then remove:
    /system/xbin/su
    /system/bin/su
    /system/app/Superuser.apk
    And then reboot

I have uploaded Heimdall/Odin flashable kernel ,rooted system, and modem images to dev-host. This should be sufficient to unbrick most hosed-up phones, as long as you didn't flash a bad .pit. Note that after flashing this, you might need to wipe data depending on what ROM you were coming from. If you bootloop or things behave wacky, enter 3e recovery (stock kernel means stock recovery) and do a Wipe Data/Factory Reset. If you are reverting from UCKK6 back to UCKH7 you MUST perform this step or wifi will not work. If you're coming from a 100% stock ROM and only using this to gain root, you should be able to keep all your data and not need to wipe.

The kernel is 100% bone stock, the system image is stock except that it is pre-rooted (su binary and Superuser.apk)

I am including the modem in a separate package since that goes in a separate modem slot, and I don't want to reupload a 200+ MB file if I don't have to.

The kernel + rooted UCKH7 system package is here: http://dev-host.org/UWm
    Kernel + cache + rooted UCKK6 system package: http://dev-host.org/8LA

Download, extract the package using 7-Zip, which can be downloaded from http://www.7-zip.org/download.html, then either:
    1) (Tested on Linux, should work on MacOS) - Extract the tar and flash the components with heimdall from the commandline as follows:
    Code:
    heimdall flash --kernel zImage --factoryfs factoryfs.img
    for the kernel + system package, and:
    Code:
    heimdall flash --modem modem.bin
    for the modem package

I've never had good results with the Heimdall Frontend GUI.

2) (Tested by Jivy26 for kernel + system, untested for modem) - Flash the .tar in Odin. I'm a Linux user, so I have only tested this with Heimdall so far.
    Kernel + system package goes in PDA slot I believe, modem package in Phone slot.

If you are wondering why I used 7-Zip to compress the archive:
    7-Zip provides better compression ratios than Zip
    7-Zip is open source unlike RAR
    If it were a zip file, some doofus would probably think it was CWM-flashable and complain that it didn't flash.

Also - great thanks goes to Jivy26 for providing a stock /system dump. Without that it would not have been possible to make the system image or get a kernel dump.

Coming in the next few days - stock unrooted /system package.

Also just added - a param.lfs backup from my device. This is NOT contained in an Odin-flashable .tar file yet, I'll work on cleaning up my packages when I'm feeling better. I came down with a nasty cold a few days ago.

UPDATE:
    creepyncrawly has written an EXCELLENT step-by-step guide for flashing this with Odin. The guide is at:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1313659

In addition, he posted an Odin-flashable tar package for just the stock kernel, for those who want to do a ! removal. I have mirrored the file (I don't trust Dropbox for long-term hosting) at http://www.multiupload.com/MD7SMMNG24 - his original post is at http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18535109&postcount=174
    Odin3 One-click Downloaders for Stock and Stock + Root

I have prepared Odin3 One-click Downloaders for the Stock non-rooted and Stock + Root packages. Each One-click Downloader also contains the Modem. This will make flashing back to stock or flashing root in Windows easier. These were tested and flashed successfully on my device. These could be posted in the OP for convenience.

Odin3 One-click Downloader I-777 UCKH7 Stock No Bootloaders
    I777_UCKH7_OCD_No_BL.7z
    (This one-click downloader flashes: zImage, factoryfs.img, and modem.bin)

Odin3 One-click Downloader I-777 UCKH7 Stock + Root No Bootloaders
    I777_UCKH7_OCD_Root_No_BL.7z
    (This one-click downloader flashes: zImage, factoryfs.img with root, and modem.bin)

How to Use:
    • Download the 7 zip package. Extract the contents of the zip file to a directory on your hard disk drive.
    • Start the Odin3 One-Click Downloader program by double clicking on "I777UCKH7 OCD No BL.exe" or "I777UCKH7 OCD Root No BL.exe".
    • Now Enter Download Mode:
      • With the phone powered off, plug in the usb cable while holding the vol up + vol down buttons (but not the power button).
      • When the warning screen appears, press Volume up to continue into download mode.
    • In Odin, the small edit box in the upper left corner will turn yellow, and say something like [0:COM8]. The number could be different.
    • Click Start. Watch the progress bar advance in green while the message box in the lower area describes the steps. When the flash is finished, the top left larger edit box will turn green and say PASS! and your phone will automatically reboot.
    • Unplug the usb cable from you phone after it boots up. Success.
    Stock Kernel Flashable .tar

Here is the stock kernel, extracted from the stock unrooted package in the OP, in an Odin flashable .tar, (see Download Repository, link in sig)

Created the tar file in Android Terminal Emulator on my phone. Flashed it twice successfully on my phone. Verified with CPU Spy:

Linux version 2.6.35.7-I777UCKH7-CL503881 (se.infra@SEP-50) (gcc version 4.4.0 (GCC) ) #2 SMP PREEMPT Sat Aug 27 04:53:41 KST 2011

I'm thinking this would be a good addition to the first post, as a few people may need it occasionally.
    Good job I wasn't using it as an excuse then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

You were. You asked if wifi issues after reverting was a known bug. It is, and this is explicitly stated in the first post in addition to being bold, yet you chose to post without searching or even reading the first post in its entirety. Even if it is not bold with whatever crippled method you use to read these forums, the fact is - it is there, and you posted without reading.
    Uploading a package without root... Gonna be an hour or so.