[Q] can't enter recovery mode

Search This thread

dxdiadora

Aug 24, 2009
hello, i have a problem with my galaxy gio...
it is 2.2.1 and i wanted to upgradeit to a newer version.
first i tried to use the stock recovery mode (the one without many options) and so i tryed to install the clockwork recovery.
i forgot to do the root in the first place, so i have done it using superoneclick- the phone is now rooted and superuser is working great!
the only problem is that now every time i try to enter recovery mode it is stuck on the samsung logo.. and then i turn off and on to normal mode...

anybody can help me maybe restore the stock recovery?? or have a different solution??

thank's in advance! veryy much!! :eek:

Reactions: calistong

AngSanley

Apr 21, 2012
Medan, Indonesia
CWM isn't compatible with Froyo... You must upgrade to Ginger to use CWM. But ginger is hard to root with Super one click... So you must flash it! :good:

dxdiadora

Aug 24, 2009
thank you all for tips, i understood why it happened, and solved it by flashing the stock 2.3.6 using odin and then stock recovery apeared and working :) then i could do everything bec i got the recovery mode back to work!.

Fo0L

Nov 14, 2012
Cape Town
first i tried to use the stock recovery mode (the one without many options) and so i tryed to install the clockwork recovery.
i forgot to do the root in the first place, so i have done it using superoneclick- the phone is now rooted and superuser is working great!
the only problem is that now every time i try to enter recovery mode it is stuck on the samsung logo.. and then i turn off and on to normal mode...

anybody can help me maybe restore the stock recovery?? or have a different solution??

Same thing happened to me after i updated super user, it said 'super user signing error' when i accessed CWR from the os, and when i tried to boot it went straight to the OS (cm 7.2) - i fixed it by throwing out the battery for 5 minutes and re installing cm 7.2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

solved :))) if anyone meets this problem or a similar one tell me :)

Why don't you just tell us right now, so we won't need to look for you and wait if you are online and stuff. :)
    Dont install CWM on Froyo..
    Thats is the problem,2.2.1 is froyo..
    :D

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Tapatalk 2