[ROM] [4.2.2 JDQ39E][OFFICIAL] Xylon \\ 2.7.0 \\ 22.04.2013 \\ maguro

Search This thread

fullmetal509

Jul 12, 2010
Wenatchee
Google Pixel 7
Re: [ROM][4.2.2 JDQ39] Xylon \\ 020b \\ 14.02.2013 (GSM/VZW)

From the G+ post earlier today:

"I'm gonna release 2.1.1 today. Alot of good stuffs and good fixes has been added from 020 to 0211 (2.1.1)...

What you'll noticed:

*- Navigation Bar Color & Status Bar Color has been slightly improved (big thanks to Slim and Kurfigel) *

*- Much more smoother experience (aka Memory leak fixed) *

*- A better kernel update for Galaxy Nexus. *

- Toroplus and toro gets supported back.

*- Alot of crazy stuffs you'll see. *

- And one more tile has been added from AOKP, that is Quick Record"

He didn't say when either toro or toroplus would be updated, but he said they will be updated, so just be patient. It's coming.

An a Applaud sir you earned your self an Applaud sir, but until I see a Toro release I'll be happy!

Also I like to point out to you Nimrods that were rude about the memory leak issue, as you can see its was an issue, even if you guys were or weren't aware of it, and dax posted about it being fixed, there was issue to others even if those users were constantly posting about it, others shouldn't be bothered/annoyed by it, its obvious a big deal cause if you think about it, xylon ROM has never had a big issue in any versions before, why were nagging is why were trying to have the developers be aware of it and fix to other future users.....

Enough said back to UFC 157

Xylon | Toro | Lean Kernel

Last edited:

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
An a Applaud sir you earned your self an Applaud sir, but until I see a Toro release I'll be happy!

Also I like to point out to you Nimrods that were rude about the memory leak issue, as you can see its was an issue, even if you guys were or weren't aware of it, and dax posted about it being fixed, there was issue to others even if those users were constantly posting about it, others shouldn't be bothered/annoyed by it, its obvious a big deal cause if you think about it, xylon ROM has never had a big issue in any versions before, why were nagging is why were trying to have the developers be aware of it and fix to other future users.....

Enough said back to UFC 157

Xylon | Toro | Lean Kernel

And here it goes again on and on and on with it drop it already call me a Nimrod you crybabies like I said every effin time i open this thread you're going on and on about it everyone is well aware.

Shardzmi

Dec 4, 2012
And here it goes again on and on and on with it drop it already call me a Nimrod you crybabies like I said every effin time i open this thread you're going on and on about it everyone is well aware.

So let me get this straight. Everyone is aware of it on what version?
I just flashed the unofficial 2.1.1 and I'm currently testing to see if it's fixed.
According to you, I shouldn't say anything if it's not, because "everyone is well aware" , right?
We/I are/am not complaining multiple times for the same version. We're updating the status when a new unofficial build is released.

Reactions: SahilC

shreddintyres

Aug 25, 2010
Richardson, Tx

So let me get this straight. Everyone is aware of it on what version?
I just flashed the unofficial 2.1.1 and I'm currently testing to see if it's fixed.
According to you, I shouldn't say anything if it's not, because "everyone is well aware" , right?
We/I are/am not complaining multiple times for the same version. We're updating the status when a new unofficial build is released.

In not sure about others but I feel that unofficial builds should be discussed in different threads so as to keep the confusion to the minimum. The unofficial versions could have cherry picks that the official will not or be compiled from different or modified tool chains. Again this is just my personal opinion so...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Asmodicus

Aug 22, 2010
Tennessee

There is no reason for you to be disrespectful. If you don't like what you see when you open the thread, then my advice would be not to open it. Just because you may not be having the same problem as another user doesn't mean that problem doesn't exist and isn't important to that user. Think about it like this: What if you were having a problem with a ROM, and every time you mentioned in a forum thread, someone attacked you for doing so?

If you don't have anything constructive to say, then don't say anything at all.

Shardzmi

Dec 4, 2012
Plus, it's quite sad to see that on a different rom, even after a day of heavy use, I don't have less than 250 mb ram, and android system is at maximum 100-120mb ram used.
While on xylon, it's at 80 when I start it up, and then it just keeps climbing but it never releases ram.
:/
This version, after 7 hours of sleep and 1 hour of toying around with it ( since I woke up ) it's at 101mb ram. Hope it's going to stay like that ! :)

DaXmax

Sep 16, 2008
Singapore
Today is 24th of March according to where Dax and I live.
It's now 3am, today would mean 11pm today. Which would mean another 21 hours for you fellas.

Haha, you never know what time dax will release it, since he's always up as such unearthly hours as i am.

I'll never release till hippies stop the swag. And yea, 24th is for aussies too. :p

Reactions: schukje

shawnaye

Sep 28, 2011

What, you guys live a month into the future?

Because here it's still February. :silly: February 24, 2013

February-2013-Calendar-Printable-241_zps1631e8f6.png

Hot damn. I didn't even notice my mistake there!

I'll never release till hippies stop the swag. And yea, 24th is for aussies too. :p

Haha, they all just can't get enough of you, and I guess that's something you can be proud of. I mean dude.. You're like younger than me by 2 years. And you've such a successful thing going on already.
Do you know who is hardcore?
He's another sg Dev who does kernels for the galaxy series, last I saw he's on the sgs3 forums.

He's been doing it for so long but isn't half as popular as you are.
Haha.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

daxisalive

Jan 3, 2011

I'm new to this ROM and I want to modify the notification icon colors to make them grey like stock. Is there any way?

Sent from my AK powered Nexus Prime.

shawnaye

Sep 28, 2011

I'm new to this ROM and I want to modify the notification icon colors to make them grey like stock. Is there any way?

Ermm wow your name.

Yes you can, if you have a know how to modify the pngs inside the rom's base.
Go to the theming section, should have some threads with tutorials.

Reactions: daxisalive

daxisalive

Jan 3, 2011

Haha my name war unintentional ;) and thank you for your help! I guess there is nothing that I can do just through from settings.

LifeInAnalog

Dec 13, 2010
Georgetown

Today today the longest day
Today got old and passed away
Became the flash of yestersay
Today has passed away.

When hippies stop relentless swag
The Unicorns again will wag
-their poop stained rainbow flowing shag
But not before Today.

Leaky leaky yesterday,
All my RAM has passed away
But Dax has promised that if I pray
Tomorrow will be today.

1LifeInAnalog on Twitter

DaXmax

Sep 16, 2008
Singapore
Hot damn. I didn't even notice my mistake there!

Haha, they all just can't get enough of you, and I guess that's something you can be proud of. I mean dude.. You're like younger than me by 2 years. And you've such a successful thing going on already.
Do you know who is hardcore?
He's another sg Dev who does kernels for the galaxy series, last I saw he's on the sgs3 forums.

He's been doing it for so long but isn't half as popular as you are.
Haha.

temasek? :eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

uXylon is a free, community built, firmware distribution of Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance, customization and reliablity over stock Android for your device. Massive features over various of community are available in uXylon, check our listings below.

ym2hkxZ.png

Feature list - click here

Downloads - click here

Changelog - click here

How to Install - click here

Special Thanks to:

- CyanogenMod

- AOKP

- Fruit N Veggies

- ParanoidAndroid

- TeamBAKED

- SaberMod

- ChameleonOS

- rohanmathur

- ock

- many more i forgot...
    Frequently Asked Questions
    ===========================

Is this based on stock kernel?

No.

Why isn't this dark?

Well, you can enable it whenever you want, we call it Dark Xylon.
    Uploading 017 for maguro. Toro and toroplus, later dudes. ;)

Changelog here...

----------------------------------

Code:
    [Frameworks]

* Frameworks: Fix NFC Tile not showing actual state after reboot (sethyx)
    * Frameworks: Quick Settings: Fix flip-to-settings animation (ThiagoVincinus)
    * Frameworks: Add Holo Light Sound State Tile (daxxmax)
    * Frameworks: Audioservice: fix A2dp support on Samsung's Audio Policy HAL (noobnl)
    * Telephony: Alpha ID fix for OPEN_CHANNEL and other p-commands (dhacker29)
    * Frameworks: extend PreferenceActivity for title text on a single pane mode (pastime1971)
    * Frameworks: support devices with SoftAp that don't require firmware reload (bukington)
    * Frameworks: add storage_sd_dock_card string (dasunsrule32)
    * Frameworks: Monitor device storage directly in /data/data (cuviper)
    * Frameworks: installd: Delete cache properly for devices using datadata partition (pawitp)
    * Frameworks: Highlight the clear button in the recents view when clicked (veeti)
    * Frameworks: BlackDino's JB Fixer drawables (daxxmax)

[XYSettings/Settings]

* Settings: Bring back Lockscreen Slider Shortcuts (daxxmax)
    * XYSettings: Holorized ic_grabber (blunden)
    * XYSettings: Add Navbar key color options (Jubakuba)
    * XYSettings: Alternate Signal Layouts (Zaphod-Beeblebrox)

[Others]

* Bluetooth: Bluetooth MAP (Message Access Profile) Upstream Changes (cgarst)
    * Mms: auto-retrieval (joaoventura)
    * vendor_aosp: Zipalign is working, but no log file (franco-c)
    * vendor_aosp: Bring back old scripts, due to battery drains. BLAME ANARKIA. (daxxmax)
    * Camera: port additional settings from jellybean 4.1 (Round 2) (jt1334)
    * Camera: properly detect multiple cameras when using the camcorder (jt1334) 
    * Camera: Fix the settings panel freeze (mnm9994u)
    * external_skia: Several skia tunings for JB_2.5 (Xin Qi)
    * Contacts: Remove inverts, back to stock (daxxmax)
    * Contacts: Add Call statistics to Contacts (Phone) (sethyx)
    * CM LockClock & File Manager updated from upstream
    I didn't know this thread would go far back. But here's some details bout 2.2.1...

- Fixed all the general stuffs that you've found for me in 2.2
    ~ Like Navigation Ring FC
    ~ Keyboard acting strange
    ~ DeskClock looks weird
    ~ Fast Charge toggle fixed
    - Font wise: Back to Roboto but light
    - Add Traditional toggles logic on PIE, since it won't work on the second display
    - a2dp: Set the default A2DP bitrate to high quality
    - More toro 4.2.2 blobs
    - Mako: Update props by Banks
    - MMS: Breathing Effect by bajee11
    - More fixes from Slim, Paranoid and AOKP
    - More french translations by AirOne70
    - yadda yadda yadda
    I am 5 posts away from deleting and issues fractions to users that ask "What kernel works best with this rom???"

Either flash a different kernel and find out yourself or get issued infracions!!!
    This is a Rom thread...not a Rom/Q&A Kernel thread.
    It's not fair to the developers and/or users to tell you what is best for YOUR phone, each phone performs DIFFERENTLY.

Starting as of now, please refrain from asking kernel questions.

Use the ROM for about 3 days and find out if you even like the stock kernel. If you don't.....experiment with flashing a different kernel of your liking. You do realize you have a developers phone, there is NO way you can brick it.....don't be scared ;)