[Q] Nexus 5 random screen lock

Search This thread

Easy96

Feb 6, 2014
My device Nexus 5 16 gb with android 4.4.2kitkat all stock.The problem is that the phone itself is locked in any application such as now when I write a message has to press several times to unlock. Please do a full reset. And it worked fine but when put a couple of programs namely program premium widgets then the phone started again blocked.Than you in advance!

GUGUITOMTG4

Oct 26, 2011
GuGuPlace
My device Nexus 5 16 gb with android 4.4.2kitkat all stock.The problem is that the phone itself is locked in any application such as now when I write a message has to press several times to unlock. Please do a full reset. And it worked fine but when put a couple of programs namely program premium widgets then the phone started again blocked.Than you in advance!
You could try disabling lock screen for a while in settings/security.
Are you using a case that covers/touches the power button?

Last edited:

jeevan_uni

Aug 21, 2014
Hi,

I'm having a similar problem from the past week on my nexus 5. it's getting worse as more days go by.
I'm not using any case for the phone. I have tried factory resetting the phone which has not helped.
the phone keeps locking and timing out every 10 seconds or so. I have disabled the lock screen too, but it makes no difference.

I've uploaded a small video of this happening on Youtube. It is actually much worse than seen in the video.
I cannot post the link as I'm a new user.the video is titled "Nexus 5 lock screen loop". It's a 30 second video.

Hope you guys have a solution. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

xtool

Nov 7, 2008
Same issue here on now two of my nexuss. You'll either notice the top right portion of the screen is raised up ever so slightly or the battery is warm to the touch. With both I could press the screen back in and it would move or have a little crackle. Seems the power button is effected by this, it's a design fault apparently. Wonder how many times I'll get it and how may times they'll replace my device.