Exact Prism clear case (similar to Supcase's Hybrid Bumper Case) review with pics

Search This thread

hamlettime

Apr 1, 2014
I saw earlier that this case I recently got looks very similar to the SUPCASE hybrid bumper case posted here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2706539

Thought I'd post some pictures then and a quick review, since this case is a few bucks cheaper than the SUPCASE after shipping costs and everything, so you guys can get a deal on a preeeeeetty good case. All the cut-outs are where they need to be, the bumper TPU looks glossier than most TPU that are matte, and the HTC One's back looks slick as ever in the clear back window. Can't ask for much more in a case under ten bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/Exact-Prism-Slim-Fit-Transparent-Clear/dp/B00JAR24SU

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 1,930
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 1,840
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 1,734
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 1,525
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 1,453
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 1,441
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 1,337
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 1,271

Gja88

Oct 6, 2010
Does this phone cover the ir blaster? Thinking I'll buy it but I saw no pictures of the top

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

killerapl

Mar 5, 2011
I just recieved this case in blue. Looks good. Hope it doesnt scratch the back if dust gets under. The top and bottom fit a little loose but nothing major.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1397429981785.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397429981785.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 687
  • uploadfromtaptalk1397429995695.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397429995695.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 743
  • uploadfromtaptalk1397430007488.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397430007488.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 659

CoCoGirl886

Mar 26, 2011
I got this case as well, in black. The top and bottom lips are loose like someone mentioned and quite a bit of dust gets under it :(. Overall the case looks pretty sleek and the clear back definitely shows off the nice metallic look. However, I feel that the case adds quite a bit of weight to the phone. Maybe I'm just used to the cruzerlite bugdroid cases as I've had on my older phones. Does anyone have both the exact prism and the cruzerlite cases and able to comment on their thoughts? :laugh:

aimfire72

Nov 26, 2010
San Jose
Ah, thanks for the review. I have the Supcase one and it also has the problem with the top and bottom lips being a little loose. I wonder if these are all the same cases with just different logos slapped on the back? I dunno... I also ordered the amCase deal, on it's way. Curious to see if that one's any better.

Reactions: hamlettime

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Ah, thanks for the review. I have the Supcase one and it also has the problem with the top and bottom lips being a little loose. I wonder if these are all the same cases with just different logos slapped on the back? I dunno... I also ordered the amCase deal, on it's way. Curious to see if that one's any better.

I don't think anyone will be better than the other.. If you ask me they are probably all made in the same plant(or few plants) just some are stamped with the individual company logo and some are not. There are also a bunch of the same type of case on ebay with no brand name. I mean a lot of these cases that these companies brand are just generic cases from China.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

aimfire72

Nov 26, 2010
San Jose
I don't think anyone will be better than the other.. If you ask me they are probably all made in the same plant(or few plants) just some are stamped with the individual company logo and some are not. There are also a bunch of the same type of case on ebay with no brand name. I mean a lot of these cases that these companies brand are just generic cases from China.

My cheapo amCase came in today... It's basically the same design as all the others, but the back is a matte frosted plastic which actually makes the phone more awkward to hold, it's a little slippery. Basically the same exact tpu bumper, but mine has slightly more sag at the top and bottom lips. I like the way the glossy Supcase feels... will keep the amCase as a $2 spare, lol.

Reactions: hamlettime and chp

Rydah

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
Just picked one up... Definitely like how it shows off my Amber Gold while protecting my device. I don't like how hard it is to get the phone in and out of the case.

Sent From My HTC One (M8)

revoltech

Mar 13, 2011
I have this same case in the same color. My only issue with this case is the volume control buttons are a little stiff. I hope that will fix itself when the case gets broken-in. I love how this case shows off the body of the M8 through the clear back.

Rydah

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
I like the quality of the side's. Would love an all matte case. All I've found have a matte back with glossy sides.

aimfire72

Nov 26, 2010
San Jose
I like the quality of the side's. Would love an all matte case. All I've found have a matte back with glossy sides.

I've seen one by Griffin, has the matte sides, but a glossy back, lol. Saw it at an unofficial Verizon store, was $24.99, which is obviously a lot for a case like this. The sales guy opened it up for me, the matte sides were actually kind of slippery, no grip to them.

hamlettime

Apr 1, 2014
I can't really say, as I haven't tried all the cases. However, evidence points to this case being generic and is identical to clear cases from other brands. The Exact Prism case is at a good price though, so I would wholly recommend it, despite the looser fit.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I saw earlier that this case I recently got looks very similar to the SUPCASE hybrid bumper case posted here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2706539

Thought I'd post some pictures then and a quick review, since this case is a few bucks cheaper than the SUPCASE after shipping costs and everything, so you guys can get a deal on a preeeeeetty good case. All the cut-outs are where they need to be, the bumper TPU looks glossier than most TPU that are matte, and the HTC One's back looks slick as ever in the clear back window. Can't ask for much more in a case under ten bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/Exact-Prism-Slim-Fit-Transparent-Clear/dp/B00JAR24SU

My cheapo amCase came in today... It's basically the same design as all the others, but the back is a matte frosted plastic which actually makes the phone more awkward to hold, it's a little slippery. Basically the same exact tpu bumper, but mine has slightly more sag at the top and bottom lips. I like the way the glossy Supcase feels... will keep the amCase as a $2 spare, lol.