{GSM/CDMA}[DEVELOPMENT] -FXP130- CM7.2.0 - RELEASED - FreeXperia Project

Search This thread

brainard52

Aug 11, 2011
I CAN rename the file I'm supposed to be updating with to actually BE "update.zip", correct? I'm getting an error. possibly I downloaded it wrong, but that shouldn't be the case. I am able to open the zip file and see the contents. I'll post the logs here when I get them.

Atarii

May 10, 2011
I CAN rename the file I'm supposed to be updating with to actually BE "update.zip", correct? I'm getting an error. possibly I downloaded it wrong, but that shouldn't be the case. I am able to open the zip file and see the contents. I'll post the logs here when I get them.

Yes, just use choose zip from sdcard option. What error are you getting; is it error 7?

brainard52

Aug 11, 2011
Arrrr... That be the one, matey.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Open up the update.zip and inside you will find the Meta folder. Inside meta is com, then google, then android. Inside android is a update script. Remove the first line of the file where it calls the assert. It should pretty self explanatory. Then repatch the update and try to flash that. It should work.

OMG Thank you SO much! Gona test now. +1 to you sir.

EDIT: Is this the bit I need to make go away?
Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "R800x" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "R800x" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "R800x" ||

Last edited:

Atarii

May 10, 2011
EDIT: Is this the bit I need to make go away?
Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "R800x" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "R800x" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "R800x" ||

Delete this:
Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "R800i" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "R800i" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "R800i" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "R800a" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "R800a" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "R800a" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "R800at" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "R800at" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "R800at" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "zeus" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "zeus" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "zeus");

Up to this bit (keep this bit):
package_extract_file

Reactions: brainard52

brainard52

Aug 11, 2011
AWESOME! Ok, so when it DOES actually start the update, what will signify that it's finished?

-.- Status 6...

Last edited:

Atarii

May 10, 2011
AWESOME! Ok, so when it DOES actually start the update, what will signify that it's finished?

It will say something along the lines of Install from sd card complete. Before doing that, I'd recommend deleting the cache (via the menus). Then after you've installed CM7, don't forget to also install GApps (via same Install from SD Card method).

brainard52

Aug 11, 2011
You're getting lots of +1's from this xD I'll let you know how it works out.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Booting into CM7.1 now. I've heard first boot takes a long time because the Davlik Cache needs to be built. Is this true? Also, many thanks man.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

I don't think that it should be taking this long.... I think it may be caught in a boot loop or whatever they're called. Ideas?

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

NVM I got it.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Yay, another post for the stack!

Ok, so I downloaded the market, and it tells me that I need to add an account. I choose yes, and it just goes directly back to the home screen. I know that I need to install some other apps, so what might these be?

Leraeniesh

Aug 1, 2011
Detroit
You're getting lots of +1's from this xD I'll let you know how it works out.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Booting into CM7.1 now. I've heard first boot takes a long time because the Davlik Cache needs to be built. Is this true? Also, many thanks man.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

I don't think that it should be taking this long.... I think it may be caught in a boot loop or whatever they're called. Ideas?

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

NVM I got it.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Yay, another post for the stack!

Ok, so I downloaded the market, and it tells me that I need to add an account. I choose yes, and it just goes directly back to the home screen. I know that I need to install some other apps, so what might these be?

Install the Google Apps Addon in the first post.

Sent from my R800x

brainard52

Aug 11, 2011
I got it just after posting that. I was switching from icky windows to Mint flavored Linux, but it took a while because Windows had to do some updates.

thatsupnow

Jan 31, 2011
Vernon
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 5
so hey guys guys check this out I was looking around the arc section and came across this interesting thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1333379

and now look at how much internal memory Ive got now!!!!!:D:D:D I used the flashable version and it worked like a charm I suggest anyone with storage problems give it a go I got 3.5 GB storage now haha!

Attachments

• screenshot-1320897250690.jpg
    screenshot-1320897250690.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 128
Reactions: sonicfreak360

BuckM

Oct 8, 2011
Hows the battery life for everyone? So far for 4.0.2.A.0.42 I've gotten terrible battery life over 2.3.3. For example I used to get a drain of 2-3% at night, which has jumped up to 10% even after a complete wipe, with the same apps, same settings. That being said can someone please upload a copy of FXP041 if they still have it, it's the last working GSM rev before switching to the new FW (hotfile link is no longer valid).

brainard52

Aug 11, 2011
Hows the battery life for everyone? So far for 4.0.2.A.0.42 I've gotten terrible battery life over 2.3.3. For example I used to get a drain of 2-3% at night, which has jumped up to 10% even after a complete wipe, with the same apps, same settings. That being said can someone please upload a copy of FXP041 if they still have it, it's the last working GSM rev before switching to the new FW (hotfile link is no longer valid).

You do realize that GSM Play is supported by CM now, right? Not sure what the difference is between FXP CM and Official CM is, but you could always try the official release.

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

so hey guys guys check this out I was looking around the arc section and came across this interesting thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1333379

and now look at how much internal memory Ive got now!!!!!:D:D:D I used the flashable version and it worked like a charm I suggest anyone with storage problems give it a go I got 3.5 GB storage now haha!

I think I'll stick with what I've got for now.... that seems VERY unstable with all the comments that it's gotten.

thatsupnow

Jan 31, 2011
Vernon
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 5
You do realize that GSM Play is supported by CM now, right? Not sure what the difference is between FXP CM and Official CM is, but you could always try the official release.

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

I think I'll stick with what I've got for now.... that seems VERY unstable with all the comments that it's gotten.

It's working great for me i haven't had 1 force close all my apps work exactly as they should and pfft! I would hardly say it's VERY unstable
Sent from my R800i using XDA App

juxtapose519

Oct 19, 2011
Has anyone who had problems with Live Wallpaper in FXP045 gotten it working? I've started from scratch several times and can't get it to work to save my life.

It works fine with stock CM7. I'd go back to stock, but then I don't have a working camera.

Edit: Nevermind. Looking back again I see that the guy who claimed to have it working didn't have FXP045 like he thought it did.

Ok then, fingers crossed for Live Wallpaper in 046.

Last edited:

sfex3best

Jun 27, 2011
I liked how you could control the screen with the touchpads on the older version
Is there anyway you can change them back?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FreeXperia PROJECT
    (Unlocked bootloader only)

We suport following accesorries
    LIVEVIEW
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/accessories/overview/liveviewmicrodisplay?cc=gb&lc=en#a
    LIVEWATCH http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/accessories/overview/smartwatch?cc=gb&lc=en

If you want to contribute to FreeXperia Project you can access it on git
    https://github.com/freexperia

if you want to support our work you can donate
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=THUJZQB2U5PNC

Our team is not responsable of any damage that you or you phone will suffer by using our work
    CM7 PROGRESS

FIXED
    GSM - voice and data
    SENSORS - from source
    WIFI - from source
    FM - from source (not working for now)
    LIGHTS - from source
    VIDEO - from source
    AUDIO - from source
    GPS - from source
    Gralloc - from source
    HOTSPOT - from source
    BT - precompiled
    Live View - UGLY but SMART Accesory
    Live Watch - usefull, nice, smart
    RECOVERY - almost ready
    3D - precompiled
    CAMERA - precompiled

WORK IN PROGRESS
    HDMI - work in progress (for suported devices)
    FM - work in progress
    ANT+ - precompiled and source

BUGTRAKER
    http://code.google.com/p/freexperia/
    GSM ONLY

DOWNLOAD
    Look in my signature !

from now numbering will indicate week number and if is possible new rom will be out every monday with latest progress

please don't mirror (we want to have download conunt)

HOWTO FLASH ROM

to flash cm7 rom you have to take 3 steps (after unpacking the 7z archive)

step 1 - copy update.zip to sdcard

step 2 - flash new kernel (always use the kernel provided in CM7 / it is incompatible with stock ROM)

ON PC - run fastboot flash boot boot.img (an black window will open and will stay open untill kernel is flashed)
    ON PHONE - put phone in fastboot mode (power off then press lower right key and plug usb cable) and phone LED will light BLUE

step 3 - when phone is booting (first 5 seconds) press volume key several times to enter recovery and choose apply update from sdcard

WARNING - if you used another rom (stock or custom) you have to wipe data or device will not boot
    CDMA ONLY

DOWNLOAD
    Look in my signature !

please don't mirror (we want to have download conunt)

HOWTO

to flash cm7 rom you have to take 3 steps (after unpacking the 7z archive)

step 1 - copy update.zip to sdcard

step 2 - flash new kernel (always use the kernel provided in CM7 / it is incompatible with stock ROM)

ON PC - run fastboot flash boot boot.img (an black window will open and will stay open untill kernel is flashed)
    ON PHONE - put phone in fastboot mode (power off then press lower right key and plug usb cable) and phone LED will light BLUE

step 3 - when phone is booting (first 5 seconds) press volume key several times to enter recovery and choose apply update from sdcard

WARNING - if you used another rom (stock or custom) you have to wipe data or device will not boot
    FXP, in all due respect, really, in all due respect...

I can't download it. You may as well stop developing for the R800x until the downloads get easier. I can't download it, its way to complicated! I can tweak my system, but I can't even download this!

IF ANYONE CAN MAKE A TUTORIAL ON HOW TO GET THE DOWNLOAD TO WORK, PLEASE SHARE IT!!!!!

R800x mirror
    http://hotfile.com/dl/146233881/3d9ec0d/update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-XperiaPlayCDMA-R800x-KANG-signed.7z.html