Captivate Glide is compatible with microSD XC 64GB [Edit]

Search This thread

frav

Jan 23, 2007
Paris
I just received my brand new SanDisk microSD XC 64Gb.
Took some time to copy all data from my previous 32Gb microSD.

I ejected the 32Gb and replaced it by the 64Gb ... Glide wasn't able to detect the card ... at all !

On windows, file system info is : extFAT (not FAT32).

I read somewhere that most of the latest phones are compatible with this new 64Gb card.

Does this mean that current Glide ROM doesn't have the extFAT drivers embeded ?

I'll try later this 64Gb memory card on a HTC doubleshot (MT4GS).
So, more to come !

Edit : it works .... microSD 64GB needs to be formated with the device (Glide) !

Last edited:

dudejb

Feb 16, 2007
Montreal
You probably already know this but, the manual states that it supports up to 32GB Micro SDHC only.

frav

Jan 23, 2007
Paris
You probably already know this but, the manual states that it supports up to 32GB Micro SDHC only.

Yes, I do know this.

But it has been reported that latest HTC and Samsung devices (Galaxy S II) can read/write this type of microSD card, even if user manual states that device supports only 32GB SDHC.

So I was wondering... why not our device...

dudejb

Feb 16, 2007
Montreal
Wow your telling me the glide can support more then 32GB.... Damn and I bought a 32GB class 10. OH well anyways this will be fine for now till I need more and the 64 GB cards come down in price.

frav

Jan 23, 2007
Paris
Do you actually get the 30MB/Sec transfer speed the Micro XD card supports on the Glide? Just wondering as it normally does not support that card so are you reaping the full benefits in size and speed?

JB

Size: My previous 32GB was full. I copied all that stuff on the new 64GB and added a few more (large) files. So it does the trick, for now.

Speed : I used SD Tools and it gave these results:
Writing speed : 7.1 MB/s
Reading speed: 18.9 MB/s (with a peak at more than 23MB/s)

This is no 30MB/s but it works great.

Last edited:

frav

Jan 23, 2007
Paris
No, no lags at all (for now).

I can listen to music (stored quite a lot on it), watch movies with a decent bitrate.

It is not the fastest card I've ever seen, but it does its job and brings large storage capacity !

Reactions: incidentflux

Darkendvoid88

May 31, 2011
St. Louis
* Up to 30 MB/sec read speed. Write speed lower. Based on SanDisk internal testing; performance may be lower depending on host device. 1 megabyte (MB) = 1 million bytes.

My 8GB Sandisk only managed 3.9MB/s Write and 8.3 MB/s read using sd tools so I think these results are great and definitely show a bright future for this phone.

Reactions: incidentflux

kanagadeepan

Jul 27, 2011
Sivakasi
Wow... My captivate Glide much much wonderful than I have guessed... But, last month only I have bought 32GB class10 microSD card...

antonyfirst

Jun 15, 2012
Milan
Bought a 64gb Sandisk Sdxc from the online shop you have linked: it never worked, with any mobile up to a Galaxy S3, not just my Captivate Glide, nor my friends smartphones.
Also, using the sdxc with the provided adaptor didn't work either, with many different computers. The SDXC is never recognized by anything.

Every time I have inserted the card on a device, it started overheating.

I have asked mobymemory to either replace the item or refund my money, they never replied.

To me these makes them a bit shady as sellers, not likely to be legit, if not total scammers.

frav

Jan 23, 2007
Paris
Actually this 64.GB works really great.
Got it working in the captivated glide, and now it works as well in my S3 !

Fyi: I also used it with a S2 (no format required after initial format with the Glide).

No overheating in any of these devices.

The only thing you have yo keep in mind is format the sdxc with the Glide (at least once). Then phone will be able to use it. Using the adapter will allow you to use it with Windows platforms...
Don't try to format it with windows... Glide won't recognize it at all.

About mobymemory, I bought from these guys a few memory cards (micro .sd, CF, ...) : never had any issues with these. Right now I think they are quite reliable.

Hope it helps !

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

antonyfirst

Jun 15, 2012
Milan
The stuff you wrote is obvious. I am speaking about the fact that it's impossible to format; that the adaptor doesn't work, and that the SDXC overheats, doesn't matter where I put it. Their service is completely unresponsive.
Good for you that it worked (for you), but given I bought from them after solely reading your post, I am not accusing you but I want to warn others, so they can compare two very different experiences with the same online store (they look to be an ebay also) and product, and make their decision.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I remember seeing that if you format the card on the phone first it should work and recognize all 60ish GBs. This was on a SGS2 though.

Edit: Here is the video where I saw this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYUg14u_co8
    I just received my brand new SanDisk microSD XC 64Gb.
    Took some time to copy all data from my previous 32Gb microSD.

I ejected the 32Gb and replaced it by the 64Gb ... Glide wasn't able to detect the card ... at all !

On windows, file system info is : extFAT (not FAT32).

I read somewhere that most of the latest phones are compatible with this new 64Gb card.

Does this mean that current Glide ROM doesn't have the extFAT drivers embeded ?

I'll try later this 64Gb memory card on a HTC doubleshot (MT4GS).
    So, more to come !

Edit : it works .... microSD 64GB needs to be formated with the device (Glide) !
    I remember seeing that if you format the card on the phone first it should work and recognize all 60ish GBs. This was on a SGS2 though.

Edit: Here is the video where I saw this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYUg14u_co8

Just did that and ... it works !!!
    Thanks a lot !
    Wow your telling me the glide can support more then 32GB.... Damn and I bought a 32GB class 10. OH well anyways this will be fine for now till I need more and the 64 GB cards come down in price.

Yep ! And it works great !

Got mine here : http://www.mobymemory.co.uk/micro-sd-micro-sdhc-transflash/3697-sandisk-64gb-micro-sdxc.html
    No, no lags at all (for now).

I can listen to music (stored quite a lot on it), watch movies with a decent bitrate.

It is not the fastest card I've ever seen, but it does its job and brings large storage capacity !