[ROM][12-04-12][AOSP][4.0.4]Codename Android 2.0.0RC|Fully Open Source+Nightly Builds

Search This thread

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Nope no other issues. Rom runs fine everything works. Just noticed that popping up the last few days. Haven't seen it affect anything but just wanted to bring it up.

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using XDA App

The only time I've seen that toast notification is when I do something like "adb remount" with adb, then it says "system has been granted superuser permissions"

Maybe try that?

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk

joebarkho

May 6, 2010
Chicago
In the next version can you make the quad, Octo lock screen have actual app icons like in akop? And ics sounds again : )

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App

Last edited:

AndroidUser00110001

Aug 16, 2011
NYC

kyouko

Mar 6, 2010
And ics sounds again : )

haha every post I see from you is a request of ics sounds xD
What are these sounds exactly (/system/media/audio/ui)?
and are are they present in any other ics roms, media packs, etc?

if so, please point me to them so I can make an update zip for you :p

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

joebarkho

May 6, 2010
Chicago
haha every post I see from you is a request of ics sounds xD
What are these sounds exactly (/system/media/audio/ui)?
and are are they present in any other ics roms, media packs, etc?

if so, please point me to them so I can make an update zip for you :p

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Lmao thanks. I was saying, the camera shutter, keyboard typing, selecting things, choosing apps.. those things. Its the same sounds as GB. Aokp 20+ has them
...On second thought, I'm going to stick with aokp until I see the mods I want on this one.

Last edited:

Skunk Ape1

Nov 26, 2011
Killeen
Lmao thanks. I was saying, the camera shutter, keyboard typing, selecting things, choosing apps.. those things. Its the same sounds as GB. Aokp 20+ has them
...On second thought, I'm going to stick with aokp until I see the mods I want on this one.

And you know for sure the sounds on AOKP are stock ICS sounds and not just added by that particular rom?

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY
better than not having them.

I have the stock Galaxy Nexus /system/media/audio/ files. Kgill sent them to me today. I made a flashable out of it... Some of the ui sounds have low volume and I have doubles of some ring tones but if you want it I can post my link when I get home. I don't understand why I have doubles tho because I have my updater-script delete /system/media/audio before extracting

AndroidUser00110001

Aug 16, 2011
NYC

You can download the source from out github and build in what features you want. We also provide a full set of instructions to get you going.

Reactions: fergie716

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY
You can download the source from out github and build in what features you want. We also provide a full set of instructions to get you going.

Hey, new kernel is still running strong no complaints. I had one full reboot a few hours ago but I'm 90% sure that's because I was multi tasking a lot.

324b962c-88c0-3221.jpg

324b962c-88cc-95ed.jpg

Not the most statistically impressive in those screen shots but I had my phone in my locker for 2 hours when I was @ lax practice. Then when I got out I've been using it like crazy. All in all very stable and responsive. Would love to this integrated into future builds.

I'm gunna wipe battery stats tomorrow so hopefully I'll have some more accurate stats for you

AndroidUser00110001

Aug 16, 2011
NYC
Hey, new kernel is still running strong no complaints. I had one full reboot a few hours ago but I'm 90% sure that's because I was multi tasking a lot.

Not the most statistically impressive in those screen shots but I had my phone in my locker for 2 hours when I was @ lax practice. Then when I got out I've been using it like crazy. All in all very stable and responsive. Would love to this integrated into future builds.

I'm gunna wipe battery stats tomorrow so hopefully I'll have some more accurate stats for you

Thanks for the feedback and testing. It is almost 100% sure that the kernel will be in the next update for the Nexus S and Nexus S 4G.

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Thanks for the feedback and testing. It is almost 100% sure that the kernel will be in the next update for the Nexus S and Nexus S 4G.

Awesomeness man. Yea for anyone wondering this ROM, in my opinion, really has it all in terms of customization and stability.

And from my experience I don't really care for the galaxy Nexus ui sounds. The volume is extremely low. Either that or I got knocked around too much at practice tonight

Omniren

Dec 5, 2010
181880f2-8fcb-a78d.jpg
181880f2-8fd8-2b45.jpg
181880f2-8fe4-7ffe.jpg
181880f2-8ff0-2927.jpg

Here are my stats at the end of the day. I talked on the phone for like 30 minutes and was on my Bluetooth for 40 with my wifi on pretty much the whole day. I only used the phone to text.

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
    we-are-codenameandroid.png
    [/font]

Codename Android is a fully open source rom that focuses on speed, usability, and getting every feature that we can get CRAMMED in there :_con: .
    Our mission is to spread the Open Source Android love to as many people as possible, and get as many people involved as possible. Along with the rom there will be tutorials to get more people involved and learning how to build android step by step.

SCREENSHOTS
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]---------[/font]

screenshots.jpg

FEATURE LIST

Customizable Power Menu (reboot, profiles, screenshot, airplane mode, torch, navigation bar toggle, and silent toggle)
    Statusbar Power Widget: (long press statusbar settings button to enable/disable - toggle Sleep, Media Buttons, Airplane Mode, Bluetooth, Brightness, GPS, LED Flashlight, LTE, Mobiledata, Sound, Sync WiFi, WiFi AP, and WiMAX)
    Customizable Battery Status (icon style and miui style battery bar)
    Customizable Clock (clock style, am/pm style, clock color, and toggleable alarm clock icon)
    Customizable Signal Status (style)
    Customizable number of lockscreen targets
    Customizable lockscreen layout
    Customizable lockscreen text color
    Configurable lockscreen wallpaper
    Ability to unlock with menu
    Quick pin unlock (unlock with pin/password without pressing ok)
    Lockscreen before unlock (extra lockscreen before the PIN face lock, pattern, or password lockscreen)
    Ability to enable rotation on the lockscreen
    Sound toggle for camera (replaces the camera unlock target with one for toggling the sound settings)
    Volume wake (tap either the up ordown volume key to wake your phone from sleep)
    Volume music controls (long press volume buttons to skip tracks)
    Wait to lock screen (use androids timeout setting after you manually turn the screen off)
    Customizable Navigation Bar:
    - menu button visibility and location
    - number of navigation buttons
    - order of navigation buttons
    - color of navigation buttons
    - navigation bar size
    - button glow animation speed
    - navigation button transparency
    Custom Automatic Backlight Settings
    Customizable Rotation Modes
    Customizable Screen On/Off Animations
    Customizable LED Pulse (Duration and Color)
    USB Fast Charge Mode
    Ability to enable extra volume options (pressing the volume opens sliders for ringtone, alarms, notifications, and media sounds)
    Customizable Custom Carrier Label
    Customizable Statusbar Transparency
    Optional WebOs Style Recents List
    Performance Settings:
    - Start-Up Tweaks (configurable tweaks that run at boot - zipalign apps, enable sd card boost, fix permission, clear cache, enable sysctl, enable scheduled tasks)
    - Processor Speed (change cpu governor and clock speed)
    - Processor Voltage (changes cpu voltage of each frequency)
    - Memory Management (customize the usage of memory to alter system performance0
    - Disable boot animation (skip the boot animation for a faster boot)
    Custom Profiles (assign different profiles to change the behavior of your phone to your liking)
    Quiet Hours (the ability to set when and how notification sounds, haptic feedback, vibration and notification light will function between a certain times e.g. "Quiet Hours")
    Custom Launcher: (Originally built off of Trebuchet)
    - customizable number of homescreens
    - customizable default homescreen
    - removable search bar
    - ability to resize any widget
    - ability to hide icon lablels
    - configurable transition effects
    - ability to enable rotation
    Ability to unlink volumes and mute states
    Ability to turn off the USB debugging notification
    ADB over Network (enable TCP/IP debugging over Network interfaces (WiFi, Usb networks) )
    Configurable root access (disabled, apps only, ADB only, or Apps and ADB)
    Optional Long Press Back to Kill Apps
    Advanced Testing:
    - Configurable Build.Prop
    - Spare Parts Settings
    - Development Settings
    - Testing Settings

Extra Tools:
    Superuser app
    Busybox
    Bash
    Rsync
    Lsof
    Nano
    libncurses

LATEST CHANGELOG

### 2.0.0
    * update to 4.0.4
    Check full changelog at link below

ROM

Codename-Android-(MOD)-2-041212-SNAPSHOT.zip
    MD5 = [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4b52a41c8db2a6bd9b98178a06433362[/font]

GApps HERE
    Filename gapps_ics_404_06042012.zip
    MD5sum 391221c6b3ceb537ea4b59baf4131410

CNA ROM Utility - Click HERE
    Update to server info, no other changes.

FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS

[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1. Make a backup[/font][/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2. wipe data/factory reset in recovery[/font][/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3. flash the rom[/font][/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4. reboot[/font][/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]5. sign in[/font][/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]6. wait for the phone to restore all your apps[/font][/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][font=Roboto, Helvetica, arial, sans-serif]7. reboot[/font][/font]

CREDIT/THANKS

EVERYBODY IN THE ANDROID ATMOSPHERE!!! :_con:
    All other open sourcers that made a contribution to the project:
    Specifically: Google, AOKP, CM, Team Gummy, RootzBoat

TEAM MEMBERS
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Codenamedroid - Head Developer/Maintainer (Galaxy Nexus, Xoom, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S2 (ATT), General maintenance for all others)[/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Link - Swiss Army Knife of Support/Ninja[/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Blueharford - Kernel Developer (Galaxy Nexus, EEE Pad Transformer)[/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]AndroidUser00110001 - Device Maintainer (Galaxy Nexus GSM, Nexus S)[/font]
    sixstringsg - Device Maintainer (Samsung Captivate, Vibrant)
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Derek Ross - [/font][font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Device Maintainer (Droid Incredible, Acer Iconia)[/font]
    rtfpessoa - Device Maintainer (Samsung Galaxy S)
    stevespear426 - Device Maintainer (Samsung Fascinate)
    timbit123 - Device Maintainer (EEE Pad Transformer)
    JamieD81 - Device Maintainer (Samsung Galaxy Note)
    gdanko - Device Maintainer (Incredible 2)
    SoHyunSeop - Translator (Korean)
    Germaniac - Support (Nexus S, Xoom)
    B-eock - Support (Galaxy S)

LINKS

Full Source
    Build Instructions
    Full Working Changelo[font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]g[/font]
    [font=Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bug and Feature Tracker[/font]
    Codename Android IRC
    CNA ROM is still alive in kicking...I am updating stuff now and may have an updated ROM over the weekend. Codenamedroid just needs a break for awhile but the ROM will keep going thanks to the work of the team members.
    Hi Everyone,
    Been busy lately with real life stuff but I am back and will be around more.

Just catching up now and we are planning an update soon.

Thanks!
    Did the thread die? I havent seen a post in 2 days...?

We are waiting for CNA 4.0.4. I am not the one and only developer for it so it is taking some time to port all the code from 4.0.3 into 4.0.4.

Update is now up :)

Sorry...life has just been a bit more busier with me lately.

I got a Nexus S 4G because I am dedicated to this ROM and not dropping it at all. It was a big out of pocket expense for me, one that I should have not done yet but wanted to test myself to ensure best possible ROM so users did not waste their time :)