Bluetooth breaks voice to text recongnition

Search This thread

mwoods269

Dec 29, 2010
Galaxy Note 2 - Verizon

I noticed I am able to talk to text using the messaging and gtalk app just fine while at home with bluetooth turned on. However once in and paired to my 2012 Toyota Highlander I am no longer able to talk to text in those applications unless I turn bluetooth off. Google Now is unaffected at all.

Anyone else notice this bug?

Thanks.

Last edited:

sleevasteve

Mar 21, 2012
Galaxy Note 2 - Verizon

I noticed I am able to talk to text using the messaging and gtalk app just fine while at home with bluetooth turned on. However once in and paired to my 2012 Toyota Highlander I am no longer able to talk to text in those applications unless I turn bluetooth off. Google Now is unaffected at all.

Anyone else notice this bug?

Thanks.

This has effected me on Google now also. The only thing that works right is s-voice, but who wants to use that!? I found a workaround, but you are basically still using your phone for the voice recognition, and the Bluetooth strictly for voice calls. If you can work with that and just toggle between the two if you want to use your Bluetooth for other audio, this will work for you.

Just go into your Bluetooth settings for whatever device you have paired, and turn off "media audio". Voice detection will now work fine, but you have to do it through the phone(which kind of defeats the purpose, but hey...it's just a temporary workaround). Hope this helps :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355170882715.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355170882715.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 173

mwoods269

Dec 29, 2010
Thanks

This has effected me on Google now also. The only thing that works right is s-voice, but who wants to use that!? I found a workaround, but you are basically still using your phone for the voice recognition, and the Bluetooth strictly for voice calls. If you can work with that and just toggle between the two if you want to use your Bluetooth for other audio, this will work for you.

Just go into your Bluetooth settings for whatever device you have paired, and turn off "media audio". Voice detection will now work fine, but you have to do it through the phone(which kind of defeats the purpose, but hey...it's just a temporary workaround). Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the tip. I guess I could do that for now but that would mean no bluetooth music streaming.....grrrrrr

sleevasteve

Mar 21, 2012
Thanks for the tip. I guess I could do that for now but that would mean no bluetooth music streaming.....grrrrrr

I hear you there, I'm not constantly jumping back and forth between the two, so for now it works, just gotta change it when I want to stream.

Pappy35

Oct 9, 2012
Memphis
Not just the Note II either. My SGS3 does exactly the same thing. Seems like a bug or someone, somewhere thought it was good idea. Siri (on my iPhone 4S)worked while streaming audio and paired to my car and my Nexus 7 works too (even though it doesn't have a 'phone' both options are there and checked and it works).

Last edited:

gloster2

Dec 4, 2012
Cleveland, OH
I just noticed this last night. While my headset was paired, I tried to use speech recognition through Swiftkey Flow Beta and it would not work. Also, when I hit the multi-purpose button on my headset to voice dial, SIRI would come up instead.

SIRI must die. Soon.

mokumegane

Feb 14, 2013
Is there anything new with this issue?

Between this and the other problem with the music player auto starting, my enjoyment of my note 2 while in my car is severely limited.

mwoods269

Dec 29, 2010
No movement but something needs to happen as this is really annoying.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2