AT&T Tilt2 custom ROM risks

Search This thread

mikroland

Nov 6, 2009
Investigating replacing ROM on my tilt2 with a custom 6.5.1 ROM and have several questions.

Question#1 What are the risks to performing this?

Question #2 How do I backup the entire phone so I can restore it like it was when I opened out of the box from AT&T? (even after a hard SPL)

Question #3 If I need to return the unit for any reason back to AT&T, would I be able to do this after flashing the ROM and performing hard SPL ? Or will they detect this has been done and deny me?

Thanks

rvashi

Mar 17, 2007
Chicago, IL
I'll try to answer the best I can. Anyone please chime in...

A1) Primary risk is permanently messing up your phone if you don't perform the HardSPL correctly! Other than that, every other risk is minor when you're actually flashing the ROM becuase it seems to me like its close to impossible to brick your phone with HardSPL.

A2) There is no REAL way to backup your entire ROM like you can in Android (Nandroid backups). However, there's always the stock AT&T ROM that you can flash back and than use programs such as Microsoft MyPhone to backup and restore your personal data.

A3) You can Relock your phone using the relocker. This is available in one of the stickys...probably the one with the HardSPL.

Anymore questions, please ask! :)

glitzbd

Aug 18, 2009
Del City
yeah

I think rvashi pretty much nailed it all, however if you ever do have to revert to stock make sure to read all the info! You'll need to revert to stock ROM and Radio. I've never done it on my Rhodium but on my Raphael it was quite easy... I assume its no different on Rhodium!
Just read the stickies and check out the wiki! I made sure I'd read through the procedure thoroughly prior to starting and had no issues! Of course I've been flashing ROMs starting with the Kaiser and not much has changed from that device procedure wise!

carhigh

Mar 13, 2009
Ct
Not all roms include radios. Ive never flashed a radio yet, on my kaiser or my tilt 2, but it sounds just as easy as loading the roms.
Here, i have a question to ask. Whats the difference between a rom that lists WWE and one that doesnt?

Last edited: