Bluetooth working on custom ROMs?

Search This thread

gunterm

Aug 4, 2007
I asked this question a few months ago and nobody had solved the problem yet. The consensus was that the only working bluetooth driver is in the original AT&T ROM, all custom ones I tried it crashes after a few connects/disconnects to my various headphones and speakers.

Do the CM nightlies or anyone's custom ROMs have this fixed yet? AT&T's stock ROM is VERY slow and getting worse. The only hope for me to save this phone is that BT works on another ROM.

ddochi11

Jun 19, 2012
Vancouver, BC
AOKP has very well-functioning BT. I haven't tried all the new KK roms, but from what I tried, most of them do not have reliable BT.
Try AOKP 4.4.2.

Oh, and this is the wrong place to post your questions.

Do the CM nightlies or anyone's custom ROMs .... The only hope for me to save this phone is that BT works on another ROM.

CM based ROMs will generally give caller echo on Bluetooth even when stable. I agree AOKP mentioned is the best when it comes to custom. You can also use ROMs based on stock like Blackstar Blackjelly, Padawan, or Nebula for speed and fully working Bluetooth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Add BeanStalk to that line up; LiquidSmooth too. I use the former, with no issue even though my BT usage is mostly to transfer data between devices. Tested it on my BT speakerphone, worked just fine, but not yet on my BT earphone. I haven't tried the latter rom but I have read it's equally good as well. You just have to flash 'em till you find the one.

Last edited:

jlpatte2

Dec 16, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Add BeanStalk to that line up; LiquidSmooth too. I use the former, with no issue even though my BT usage is mostly to transfer data between devices. Tested it on my BT speakerphone, worked just fine, but not yet on my BT earphone. I haven't tried the latter rom but I have read it's equally good as well. You just have to flash 'em till you find the one.

My experience with bean stalk is that it works but has problems reconnecting, and needs reboot every two or three reconnect s

Josh

Sent from my SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

AOKP has very well-functioning BT. I haven't tried all the new KK roms, but from what I tried, most of them do not have reliable BT.
Try AOKP 4.4.2.

Oh, and this is the wrong place to post your questions.

The aokp is definitely stable, I have done tens or hundred s of successful reconnects
Josh

wavv.drama

Mar 15, 2014
Montreal

Curious.. I also use BeanStalk (patch_Adam's, I guess it's the only one that's listed in the development thread no?) And it works perfectly fine with my headset (tried Beats Wireless and Jabra Bluetooth) but it doesn't play music through the former.. I wonder if it has anything to do with the player I'm using. May I ask what music player you use to play through BT speakerphone? Thank you!

gunterm

Aug 4, 2007
AOKP is fantastic, thanks for the heads up :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moved to Q&A. Please do not start a new thread in development threads for questions.