[ROM][G870A] *S5 Active* - Stock-Rooted and More v1.2 [9/1/14]

Search This thread

sowa180

Jun 4, 2011
Frydman
Is there any way to put in one or more languages? I have tried to do it with "more locale" and "language enabler" but it works just with a few apps:crying:

bigwillyg

Mar 1, 2011
Umm. Has anyone else gotten a software update warning on their galaxy s5 active?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

BuLLitz

Dec 4, 2010
Umm. Has anyone else gotten a software update warning on their galaxy s5 active?

Not yet anyways....

I have all of my updates disabled as far as I know.
In Titanium Backup I have frozen the following:
AT&T Software Update 192.10.140521
Konx Notification Manager 2.0
Security policy..._v2_1409_2_1

I have been researching whether or not I want the update. Its been so long since I rooted my S5 that I cant remember why I rooted to begin with.
I have been considering whether I want to re enable the ability to update, to allow the update to loli-pop, but am afraid that I could brick my phone due to Knox.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Not yet anyways....

I have all of my updates disabled as far as I know.
In Titanium Backup I have frozen the following:
AT&T Software Update 192.10.140521
Konx Notification Manager 2.0
Security policy..._v2_1409_2_1

I have been researching whether or not I want the update. Its been so long since I rooted my S5 that I cant remember why I rooted to begin with.
I have been considering whether I want to re enable the ability to update, to allow the update to loli-pop, but am afraid that I could brick my phone due to Knox.

PS: Am also S5 Active, as you are.

bigwillyg

Mar 1, 2011
The oa1 update makes the phone go smoother. The only thing is that I had to Odin back to stock but the downgraded kernel trick to use towel root still works.

jedisurfer

Mar 16, 2013
Hi guys is there any way to flash a tmobile s5 active ROM to an ATT s5 active ROM? I need the wifi calling feature. Thanks

Nickovtyme

Jan 19, 2011
Wow...guys its been a long time. I really thought this would be at the end of the list by now.

Life is a cruel mistress...I had fun...not sure if ill ever mess with this anymore. Plus there's been a few updates I think. I dunno....

Its probably still a good place to start for some. :)

DirtDigler

Sep 17, 2012
What's up guys. So I un-rooted, flashed stock ROM, updated to 4.4.4, rooted and of course like a week later I got an AT&T notification that my phone downloaded another update. I tried to apply it and of course it fails. Which update is it trying to go to, Lollipop?

Anyhow, if someone has a stock root with this update that would be great so I don't have to un-do everything again.

bertoteo

Apr 16, 2015
DEBRAND

Hi,
Anyone knows how to debrand, to avoid sim region lock?
Trying to running AT&T phone for Italian SIM.
S5 active rooted and running the rom of this forum.

Thanx

ziontnk

Apr 1, 2012
Can I still use this? is this the same as going back to the stock if I were to install it right now on my active? I'm trying to downgrade not sure this is the right place.

Brutal1ty

Apr 4, 2017
Advice

Hi! I need some help, i have this S5 active G870A but the phone auto restart or just apps stopped... Idk if its SO or MOBO. What would it be??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screenshot_2014-09-07-05-10-37.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-07-05-11-01.png

******S5 ACTIVE!******

My first attempt at this ROM building stuff. It gets kinda addicting when you get into it. It's a major time suck. :)

I figured if I could get this one to work I would share it.

I tested it out on my very own S5 Active.

Based on Stock Firmware G870AUCU1ANE4 with little, if none of it changed.

Pretty close to a complete Stock ROM.

-Rooted
    -busyboxed
    -de-Knoxed
    -zipaligned
    -de-Odexed
    -Init.d support
    -custom boot animation suport
    -a couple other things I can't think of at the moment.

DOWNLOAD

Installation:
    -Download to your sdcard
    -Boot into Safestrap recovery
    -Factory Reset
    -Flash to Stock Slot
    -reboot

It'll probably take 5 minutes or so to load.

As far as I can tell, everything is working.

The Device Status will be "Custom" I think. @cstayton has a guide in this forum to fix that if you're picky about that kind of thing. If not I hope to get around to straightening that out.

To do list -
    Fix Device Status "Custom" to "Official"

if you want you can add these APN settings under Settings>More Networks>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names. They seem to work better for some people

Name: ATT Phone
    APN: phone
    Proxy: Not set
    Port: Not set
    Username: Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server: Not set
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type: Not set
    APN type: default,admin,fota,mms,supl,hipri,dun,att
    APN enable/disable: Enabled
    Bearer: Unspecified

Code:
    Changelog:
    9/1/14 - v1.2 - Fixed the APN issue.
    Added support for custom boot animation.

8/31/14 - v1.1 - Removed Automatic OTA updates. 
    Have to manually add APN's till I figure out how to add them 
    back to where ever they disappeared.  
    Somehow it got broked.

8/22/14 - v1 - initial release

Credits and thanks to:
    @geohot - For Root
    @Hashcode - For Safestrap
    @JustArchi - for his Kitchen
    @cstayton - for being patient and giving direction...BIG THANKS!

It should really go without saying that if you're messing around with this...there is a chance something could go wrong...your device may suffer, rather than benefit from this. I can't be held responsible and your warranty is void.

There are guides to get you back to a fresh start if needed. This one by @LuckyColdJohnson works perfectly....I've used it myself.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2799754

As the Verve Pipe sang in the early '90s:
    "For the life of me...I cannot remember...what made us think that we were wise and we'd never compromise ....for the life of me...I cannot believe, we'd ever die for these sins...we were merely freshmen"
    Download link updated...took for (wait for it) ever to upload.

I think I've fixed the APN problem. Am fixing to flash the new build on my device and test it out. If it works right will update OP and link.

Heh...if nothing else its pretty entertaining watching me learn this stuff. :)

A heartfelt ...."thank you"....for taking the time to give us your great work...g
    Heh...great may be a stretch. Just wait...Im trying to get something else laid out...but dangonit...finding time to learn is a luxury.

Ill be honest...I'm not a coder or dev. I've totally been learning this on the fly. Java/smali, is no joke and researching on how it all comes together has been eye opening.

I could take the easy way out and have a real dev fix this for me (@cstayton has offered) but there'll be more satisfaction when I do.

Plus....all I'm learning can't be a bad thing.

Like my granny used to say, "church never hurt anybody"