[For Developers] Reviewing the Thread Tittle

Search This thread

daniel_costa_rj

Apr 17, 2009
Rio De Janeiro
www.speoty.com
Hi DEV,

I made the Index for making the experience for the users better and make the Forum organized, but how I spend my life working and studing it is difficult to taking all the information inside the thereads, because alot of DEVs make my work harder, don't putting the version of the ROM and date of update.
If you want help me and promote your ROM, take a not in the Tips below and input them in your thread title:

Distinction, ex:

[ROM MIUI]

[ROM]

[KERNEL]

[MOD]

Version of Android Supported, ex:

[ICS 4.0.3]

[GB 2.3.5]

Name of Rom / KERNEL / MOD, ex:

ROM -> [SeXyThing]

KERNEL - > [Thing]

Mod - > [flightmode]

Version of ROM, ex:

[V0.9]

[V1.2]

[V1.3]

Date of the Update, ex:

[23/03] - {DD/MM (DAY/MONTH)}

Final Exemple:

[ROM][ICS][SeXyThing][V1.2][23/03] - bla bla bla better battery, bla bla bla better signal

I just want organize, making this few adds in the title will make the forum better and professional, the DEVs should add this at the start, example:

Before:
[ROM][ICS][25/03][FIRSTAOKP/MTP]SeXyThing-ICS 25.03[NOW WITH MTP!!][SOURCEWORK][Up'ed]
[Soon]<4.03>[HTP] SexyORnot? ROM v1.4 PF-BRAVIA ENGINE - BZM SOUND ENGINES - THEMES
[ROM][ICS]LALABUK 4.03 AOKP-CCC[25.03.][HW VIDEO][STARTED:23.02.-WHO is THE FIRST?]

After:
[ROM][ICS 4.0.3][SeXyThing][V25][25/03] - First AOKP / MTP - SOURCE WORK - UP'ED
[ROM][ICS 4.0.3][SexyORnot?][V1.4][26/3] - HTP / BZM SOUND ENGINES / THEMES
[ROM][ICS 4.0.3][LALABUK][V1.2][25/03] - AOKP CCC / HW VIDEO [STARTED:23.02 WHO IS THE FIRST?]

Sincerely, the Title is more atractive and make the view of the forum Cleaner.
Let's go make this changes and see if will be better or not.
I need you DEVELOPER for make this work.

Thanks of Your Understanding.

Sebsey

Jan 13, 2010
Munich
www.sebsey.de
Great idea, more to be overdue!! :)

I recommend to inlude the "update-day" more at the beginning! It is more fact-related than e.g. the name of the rom.

According to my ideas this is my suggestion:
NEW:
[ROM][ICS 4.0.3][25/03][SeXyThing][V25]- First AOKP / MTP - SOURCE WORK - UP'ED
[ROM][ICS 4.0.3][26/03][SexyORnot?][V1.4] - HTP / BZM SOUND ENGINES / THEMES
[ROM][ICS 4.0.3][25/03][LALABUK][V1.2] - AOKP CCC / HW VIDEO [STARTED:23.02 WHO IS THE FIRST?]

Also, I dont see it necessary to start an extra [..] for the version-number. This should be included in the [Rom-Name] and should not be a must-have! With updating the [DATE] users can easy check on how theres an update or not.

My 2nd suggestion would like this:
NEW:
[ROM][ICS 4.0.3][25/03][SeXyThing - V25]- First AOKP / MTP - SOURCE WORK - UP'ED
[ROM][ICS 4.0.3][26/03][SexyORnot? - V1.4] - HTP / BZM SOUND ENGINES / THEMES
[ROM][ICS 4.0.3][25/03][LALABUK] - AOKP CCC / HW VIDEO [STARTED:23.02 WHO IS THE FIRST?]

daniel_costa_rj

Apr 17, 2009
Rio De Janeiro
www.speoty.com

I recommend to inlude the "update-day" more at the beginning! It is more fact-related than e.g. the name of the rom.

NEW:
[ROM][ICS 4.0.3][25/03][LALABUK][V1.2] - AOKP CCC / HW VIDEO [STARTED:23.02 WHO IS THE FIRST?]

Also, I dont see it necessary to start an extra [..] for the version-number. This should be included in the [Rom-Name] and should not be a must-have! With updating the [DATE] users can easy check on how theres an update or not.

NEW:
[ROM][ICS 4.0.3][25/03][SeXyThing - V25]- First AOKP / MTP - SOURCE WORK - UP'ED
[ROM][ICS 4.0.3][25/03][LALABUK] - AOKP CCC / HW VIDEO [STARTED:23.02 WHO IS THE FIRST?]

But, first we need this Thread sticky

OrrPenn18

Feb 18, 2011
Recovery Mode
I guess all the rules are in Mods thread ... but I dont think it should be changed ... It is hard to maintain a repository ... but its fun :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Manitax

Nov 30, 2011

NEW:

NEW:

+1
would be great.

Cozmo1

Sep 9, 2010
Texas
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Weird. I always thought this was the current standard anyways. Will make it easier to navigate the board. I'm assuming this will follow suit for [Mod], [Guide], [Kernel], etc?

Espero que todos facem na mesma maneira. Veremos.

Last edited:

stylez

Moderator Emeritus
I guess all the rules are in Mods thread ... but I dont think it should be changed ... It is hard to maintain a repository ... but its fun :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

It's only thread title and there is no rules regarding but i'd still think date is most important.

EG: [05\03\10]Stylez Black v.5 WM6.1 21051 D3D 101MB Full\Light Manila 2.6 Theme [Final]

So to keep up with todays amount of releases would be

[05\03\10][ROM][WM6.1 21051] Stylez Black D3D 101MB Full\Light Manila 2.6 Theme

TheATHEiST

Sep 29, 2008
Hull
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Completely agree, We REALLY need to put date of update at beginning of title, That is the most important part of title.

If date is at beginning of title it means all dates are in line and browsing forum is very easy to see updates at a glance rather then looking for position of date (if any).

A prime example of how efficient and organized this convention makes things is in the HD2 Android forum, I absolutely loved the organization of that forum and it was a HUGE disappointment when I first migrated to the SGS2 because of the complete lack of organization in this forum :(

I'm loving the work the devs do here but a little thing like date at beginning of titles makes a HUGE difference.

txJTA.png

Last edited:
Reactions: norrie2204

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi DEV,

I made the Index for making the experience for the users better and make the Forum organized, but how I spend my life working and studing it is difficult to taking all the information inside the thereads, because alot of DEVs make my work harder, don't putting the version of the ROM and date of update.
    If you want help me and promote your ROM, take a not in the Tips below and input them in your thread title:

Distinction, ex:

[ROM MIUI]

[ROM]

[KERNEL]

[MOD]

Version of Android Supported, ex:

[ICS 4.0.3]

[GB 2.3.5]

Name of Rom / KERNEL / MOD, ex:

ROM -> [SeXyThing]

KERNEL - > [Thing]

Mod - > [flightmode]

Version of ROM, ex:

[V0.9]

[V1.2]

[V1.3]

Date of the Update, ex:

[23/03] - {DD/MM (DAY/MONTH)}

Final Exemple:

[ROM][ICS][SeXyThing][V1.2][23/03] - bla bla bla better battery, bla bla bla better signal

I just want organize, making this few adds in the title will make the forum better and professional, the DEVs should add this at the start, example:

Before:
    [ROM][ICS][25/03][FIRSTAOKP/MTP]SeXyThing-ICS 25.03[NOW WITH MTP!!][SOURCEWORK][Up'ed]
    [Soon]<4.03>[HTP] SexyORnot? ROM v1.4 PF-BRAVIA ENGINE - BZM SOUND ENGINES - THEMES
    [ROM][ICS]LALABUK 4.03 AOKP-CCC[25.03.][HW VIDEO][STARTED:23.02.-WHO is THE FIRST?]

After:
    [ROM][ICS 4.0.3][SeXyThing][V25][25/03] - First AOKP / MTP - SOURCE WORK - UP'ED
    [ROM][ICS 4.0.3][SexyORnot?][V1.4][26/3] - HTP / BZM SOUND ENGINES / THEMES
    [ROM][ICS 4.0.3][LALABUK][V1.2][25/03] - AOKP CCC / HW VIDEO [STARTED:23.02 WHO IS THE FIRST?]

Sincerely, the Title is more atractive and make the view of the forum Cleaner.
    Let's go make this changes and see if will be better or not.
    I need you DEVELOPER for make this work.

Thanks of Your Understanding.

NEW:

NEW:
    Completely agree, We REALLY need to put date of update at beginning of title, That is the most important part of title.

If date is at beginning of title it means all dates are in line and browsing forum is very easy to see updates at a glance rather then looking for position of date (if any).

A prime example of how efficient and organized this convention makes things is in the HD2 Android forum, I absolutely loved the organization of that forum and it was a HUGE disappointment when I first migrated to the SGS2 because of the complete lack of organization in this forum :(

I'm loving the work the devs do here but a little thing like date at beginning of titles makes a HUGE difference.

txJTA.png