[Q] Will "Samsung account update" break phone if rooted?

Search This thread

justinsamsel

Jun 20, 2014
I am new to Android and I haven't ever seen this notification before on my phone since I rooted. Will allowing this Samsung account update mess my phone up? I've seen other people ask what it is, but with no definitive answer to this specific question.

I can't post links because I am new but if you look at imgur bMIV8Xc.png you can see the notification I am seeing.

Last edited:

brivette007

Oct 30, 2010
Akron, OH
I got this message today, too. I went ahead and allowed it to update. So far, I still have root and everything's running fine.

nbrent1007

Nov 11, 2010
Strong Island
I am new to Android and I haven't ever seen this notification before on my phone since I rooted. Will allowing this Samsung account update mess my phone up? I've seen other people ask what it is, but with no definitive answer to this specific question.

I can't post links because I am new but if you look at imgur bMIV8Xc.png you can see the notification I am seeing.

Nope you're good. It's just to update your samsung account. I did it too yesterday and no problems at all. Besides they really give you no choice because eventually it will just push to phone