Can I use 2000 milli Amper charger for Xperia V?

Search This thread

Aria.A97

Nov 23, 2013
Hi everybody, I have a question. Can I use 2000mA charger for my Xperia V or it will damage hardware? Because my stock charger is 1500mA :p

Thanks ;)

weijianhui

Dec 16, 2013
Beijing
The only term you should pay attention is the Voltage,should be 5V.
The max input speed depend on the power management chip on your phone.
This is my understanding.:p
Sorry for my English:)

Reactions: Aria.A97

Knutselmaaster

Aug 16, 2013
zelectrification.com
Any electric appliance will only take the amperage it can handle as long as the voltage is right.
My experience is that my Xperia V charges a little bit faster on 2A (2000mA) compared to 1,5A from the charger that Sony included.
I have never measured the max output of the Sony charger, but I find it rather small and light for a 1,5 model and it doesn't even heat up a lot so I doubt that it can deliver a steady 1,5A over an entire charge.
There is something you might pay attention to, certain chargers have a circuit that tries to recognise the device that is connected.
These circuits are not very intelligent, mostly it recognises if it is an apple or not.
The apples will get more A.... :eek:
Simply using a "charge only" USB cable often helps to get the high A available for other devices.
This is often seen on external batteries, I'm not sure about aftermarket chargers, nor if Samsung chargers recognise Samsung phones.

Reactions: Aria.A97

Aria.A97

Nov 23, 2013
Any electric appliance will only take the amperage it can handle as long as the voltage is right.
My experience is that my Xperia V charges a little bit faster on 2A (2000mA) compared to 1,5A from the charger that Sony included.
I have never measured the max output of the Sony charger, but I find it rather small and light for a 1,5 model and it doesn't even heat up a lot so I doubt that it can deliver a steady 1,5A over an entire charge.
There is something you might pay attention to, certain chargers have a circuit that tries to recognise the device that is connected.
These circuits are not very intelligent, mostly it recognises if it is an apple or not.
Simply using a "charge only" USB cable often helps to get the high A available for other devices.
This is often seen on external batteries, I'm not sure about aftermarket chargers, nor if Samsung chargers recognise Samsung phones.

It's been a month I'm using 2A Samsung Charger without any problem,just sometimes touch screen goes crazy when I'm using phone with connected charger :D

Knutselmaaster

Aug 16, 2013
zelectrification.com
The buggy screen when charging problem I have it on my Archos g9 too.
Very frustrating as it happens all the time, not just sometimes.
I have never had this on my V though.
I think it happens because of leaking current on the Archos, as it has terrible build quality.
The V is a tank, and very well built imo, and shouldn't suffer from this.
Maybe your charger or cable has a problem?
I find it a little bit worrying because there are a lot of elements in there that would not appreciate the full 5v running through them.

Last edited:

Aria.A97

Nov 23, 2013
The buggy screen when charging problem I have it on my Archos g9 too.
Very frustrating as it happens all the time, not just sometimes.
I have never had this on my V though.
I think it happens because of leaking current on the Archos, as it has terrible build quality.
The V is a tank, and very well built imo, and shouldn't suffer from this.
Maybe your charger or cable has a problem?
I find it a little bit worrying because there are a lot of elements in there that would not appreciate the full 5v running through them.

it happens usually after 30-45 minutes of screen on time :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yep. Doesnt charge faster, tho. ^^
    The only term you should pay attention is the Voltage,should be 5V.
    The max input speed depend on the power management chip on your phone.
    This is my understanding.:p
    Sorry for my English:)
    Thanks for your response, I just want to use some Samsung charger, that's why I asked :eek:

They (Sony) may tell you that you can't use other chargers, only Sony chargers, and that other types may damage your device. Knowing for what you can get sued in the USA I probably would say similar.