[FIX TESTED AND WORKING!] 4.2.2,4.3 AND 4.4.2!!! WIFI, GPS, IMEI & Baseband repair

Search This thread

MechaBouncer

Nov 13, 2010
Hello. I am on the NE3 firmware for my AT&T Galaxy S4 Active (SGH-i537).

I used this guide to install the MF1 modem to my phone via Odin 3.07. Everything went smoothly and I instantly noticed an improvement in cellular data performance. Things just load faster. WiFi is about the same as it was, which can be a little spotty compared to the 4.2.2 firmwares. It's been that way since the 4.3 ML2 update.

The big problem I'm having (and I noticed something like this with ML2 and NE3) is that my Jabra SP700 Bluetooth car kit kills the phone audio (no sending or receiving) after the first call I take or make. I'm not even sure if it's connecting or not as it doesn't ring, I can't hear anyone, and they can't hear me. Rebooting the phone is the only thing that seems to fix it.

I have a few questions on this.

1. The modem shouldn't have any effect on the Bluetooth functionality, correct? Any problem with that would be related to other parts of the firmware, right?

2. Is WiFi controlled by the modem?

3. Did MF3 use the same modem as MF1? I recall that firmware being the best in terms of cellular data and WiFi performance.

4. If I wanted to revert the changes and go back to the NE3 modem, would I just flash the CP part of the firmware back using Odin? Or does that include more than just the modem?

Thanks!

AndroidState

Mar 17, 2013
NY
Hello. I am on the NE3 firmware for my AT&T Galaxy S4 Active (SGH-i537).

I used this guide to install the MF1 modem to my phone via Odin 3.07. Everything went smoothly and I instantly noticed an improvement in cellular data performance. Things just load faster. WiFi is about the same as it was, which can be a little spotty compared to the 4.2.2 firmwares. It's been that way since the 4.3 ML2 update.

The big problem I'm having (and I noticed something like this with ML2 and NE3) is that my Jabra SP700 Bluetooth car kit kills the phone audio (no sending or receiving) after the first call I take or make. I'm not even sure if it's connecting or not as it doesn't ring, I can't hear anyone, and they can't hear me. Rebooting the phone is the only thing that seems to fix it.

I have a few questions on this.

1. The modem shouldn't have any effect on the Bluetooth functionality, correct? Any problem with that would be related to other parts of the firmware, right?

2. Is WiFi controlled by the modem?

3. Did MF3 use the same modem as MF1? I recall that firmware being the best in terms of cellular data and WiFi performance.

4. If I wanted to revert the changes and go back to the NE3 modem, would I just flash the CP part of the firmware back using Odin? Or does that include more than just the modem?

Thanks!

I don't think it has to do with the modem.
Does your car kit have Bluetooth 4? if so I guess you need android 4.3+ modem not MF1.
MF3 did not use the same modem but MF2 did with the MF2 name in the system.
You can try to flash like this:
Attach the CSC first then the CP then flash. And if that won't work I guess you'll need to attach the CSC then CP then AP.
Good Luck!
-TransformixS4

MechaBouncer

Nov 13, 2010
I don't think it has to do with the modem.
Does your car kit have Bluetooth 4? if so I guess you need android 4.3+ modem not MF1.
MF3 did not use the same modem but MF2 did with the MF2 name in the system.
You can try to flash like this:
Attach the CSC first then the CP then flash. And if that won't work I guess you'll need to attach the CSC then CP then AP.
Good Luck!
-TransformixS4

The SP700 is OLD. I've had it for years. It's only Bluetooth 1.1 and just barely supports A2DP (but I have Media disabled on it and I've tested with and without this setting and it makes no difference). It worked great with MF3, but has had problems since ML2 and is just broken now with NE3. Maybe it's just time I replace it outright. I still think this is stupid and wish I could just get MF3 back.

Last night I used 7-Zip and extracted the modem.bin from the NE3 CP Odin file and reflashed that. Baseband now shows NE3 again. I managed to get two Bluetooth calls before it broke again. Yay progress. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help, though.

EDIT:
I also have a Jabra BT620s that uses Bluetooth 1.2 that I will further test with. I'm also debating wiping the phone outright to make sure there isn't a problem, but that is such a pain and Samsung and Google keep making it harder and harder to preserve my data when I do so. So I'm saving that as a last resort. All else fails, I'm going to AT&T to see what they will do about it. We'll see how it goes.

EDIT2:
Same results with the BT620s. First call works fine. After that, all call audio is dead. I'm going to backup everything and reflash stock NE3 on it to wipe everything and then test again. It's the only way I can be absolutely sure it's not something I installed.

EDIT3:
It appears that flashing back to stock has corrected the bluetooth issue as far as I can tell. Now comes the hard part of slowly reinstalling my apps to see if one of them caused the problem. This is going to take some time. Thanks again for the help, though!

Last edited:

AldoBrea

Aug 28, 2014
I have NE3, and my phone shows no imei when I check using *#06#...

Does this works on NE3? and how do I exactly flash the files? I'm new to all this..

Reactions: charliert

pininn113

Apr 20, 2011
tried everything...i mess up with 9090 option one and i lost wifi.i reflashed any kind of firmware.now i have wifi working and phone connected to the carrier,but if i receive a call it takes so long to get to the gui of the phone app that after one minute the caller hangs off.if i try to make a call ,after pressing the green call button it takes more than a minute to go to the phone app and it disconnects the call itself...
please save me:)
i537
i537ucuamf1
kernel 3.4.0-2244695
jss15j.i537ucubml2

thank you

Trip316

Nov 10, 2014
Bradenton
Samsung SGH-I537 S4 A

hello i am new to the forum as of today but i have been roaming around it for like the past week a few of the threads have helped me out tremendously. only question i have on this thread is that do i run the NON-HLOS.bin file in Odin first then after the restart turn around and run the Modem.bin file right afterwards to get it to work correctly or only run the Modem.bin file if the NON-HLOS.bin file doesnt work?

thank you for any help that is handed down.

hello i am new to the forum as of today but i have been roaming around it for like the past week a few of the threads have helped me out tremendously. only question i have on this thread is that do i run the NON-HLOS.bin file in Odin first then after the restart turn around and run the Modem.bin file right afterwards to get it to work correctly or only run the Modem.bin file if the NON-HLOS.bin file doesnt work?

thank you for any help that is handed down.

It doesn't matter which one you flash first. modem.bin is your cellular modem including 2G/3G, GPS, and Bluetooth. NON-HLOS.bin contains the 4G/LTE modem and some other files. They contain different types of wireless communication, so theoretically it shouldn't matter in what order you flash them. That said you should only use the NON-HLOS.bin version that matches your firmware, it does some other things in there that will cause wireless communications to get messed up if you use a different one. You can flash any modem.bin file on any firmware and you should be ok.

Also, other users have reported that you need to flash the modem files twice without rebooting to get them to stick. Good luck and let us know if you are able to get it to work.

Last edited:
Reactions: O-T

Corto2809

Nov 18, 2013
Din´t work.......

I Flashed the modem bin in my
Android version 4.4.2
base band i537ucuamf1
compilation : Kot49h.i537ucucne3

And nothing happenedm bluetooth and wifi still not activate.
Can you help me please?
Thanks in advance!

Trip316

Nov 10, 2014
Bradenton
unlocking my device

I have finally got my phone back to the original state where it now shows my original iemi number. thank you all for your posts and comments that help me do this. so I decided to pay for a code to unlock the phone from at-t I used code-unlock-direct.com after about 24 hours they email me saying they were not able to automatically produce an unlock code so they needed further information about the phone which I gave them and they said that they were going to try too manly produce an unlock code for my device. about another 24 hours went by and I got another email stating that they were unable to produce a code at all for my device they also said that I should take my device to an actual store that might be able to unlock it via some cable. I was wondering if anybody had any information to where I could not have to do that or if anybody else knew of a way to unlock my device. Thanks for your time on reviewing this thread and for any help that is possibly able to be given.

Trip316

Nov 10, 2014
Bradenton
Per my previous post.........

It has been a few days and with the holidays I figured I would wait a few days but I was just wondering if anyone did have Amy ideas to my predicament....... thank-you for your time.

Dec 12, 2014
IMEI baseband fix in 4.3 ML2, but buggy from downgrade

modem.bin fix will only work for me in ML2 as many have posted, but received phone with 4.4.2.

I flashed back to 4.3 ML2 with ODIN (requires 2 flash downgrades) and IMEI fix works but then i lose sound and video (downgrade is reported buggy on i537 [HOW TO] [GUIDE] page.

As soon as i flash back up to 4.4.2, bugs fixed, IMEI/baseband lost.

Any Suggestions ???

catlady

Jan 18, 2015
It's not working for my samsung s4 active

Hi, It'snot working for my samsung s4 active sgh i537. Odin tries to connect and immediately disconnects. Any suggestions? I cannot use it as a phone as the IMEI was all set to zeros, probably when they unlocked it. Thanks! :)

TheMaxMet

Mar 11, 2015
Newer version

Hey, do you think you could create those for the I9295XXUDOB4 Baseband for the I9295? My data is not working, even after multiple flashs and resets. It would be great if you could do that

bigscripdog

Feb 25, 2011
I can't fix my baseband or imei sph-l720 s4 please help!

im gonna try to do this as soon as i get to my country cause here its a bad internet service too slow and i cant download the file so please keep it up! and you will have my eternal thanks and by the way would anybody confirm the imei fix Works????

I have been researching since yesterday. If I revert to stock it will at least detect the sim card, although the baseband and the imei remain unknown. I tried the efs professional, I've even tried the Nv Read/write utility. Please help.

David182

Mar 17, 2015
unknown IMEI and baseband

Hi, It'snot working for my samsung s4 active sgh i537. Odin tries to connect and immediately disconnects. Any suggestions? I cannot use it as a phone as the IMEI was all set to zeros, probably when they unlocked it. Thanks! :)

I too have an S4 Active, SGH-i537, however, my phone has unknown baseband and IMEI. I have downloaded Odin v3.10.6. I have also downloaded the modem.bin file.
Could someone help me understand what other files besides modem.bin I need to get the IMEI and baseband numbers back?

Would preparing the phone to flash ( press volume down, home button, and power button at same time ), putting modem.bin file in CP box area of Odin, and starting the flash, would this correct the IMEI and baseband issue???
I want to make sure I have proper version of Odin, proper modem file, so as not to screw up my phone even more.

Here's the info on my phone

AT&T locked SGH-i537, Android version 4.4.2
Build # KOT49H.i537UCUCNH3
Security Software version - MDF v1.0 Release 2

If there is additional info needed, please let me know

bioangel

Jan 13, 2011
you need to put it in the phone not pda portion of odin. it does work i am one step away from current os's and had the same issue.

I too have an S4 Active, SGH-i537, however, my phone has unknown baseband and IMEI. I have downloaded Odin v3.10.6. I have also downloaded the modem.bin file.
Could someone help me understand what other files besides modem.bin I need to get the IMEI and baseband numbers back?

Would preparing the phone to flash ( press volume down, home button, and power button at same time ), putting modem.bin file in CP box area of Odin, and starting the flash, would this correct the IMEI and baseband issue???
I want to make sure I have proper version of Odin, proper modem file, so as not to screw up my phone even more.

Here's the info on my phone

AT&T locked SGH-i537, Android version 4.4.2
Build # KOT49H.i537UCUCNH3
Security Software version - MDF v1.0 Release 2

If there is additional info needed, please let me know

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [FIX TESTED AND WORKING!] 4.2.2,4.3 AND 4.4.2!!! WIFI, GPS, IMEI & Baseband repair

Odin Flashable FIX's on Android 4.3: NON-HLOS.bin and Modem.bin

REQUEST: ANYONE WITH THE NC9 Baseband!:

Odin flashable MF1 Modem.bin (called WiFi and IMEI FIX) for Samsung Galaxy S4 Active SGH-i537 on MF1

Security Check Fail: Need to be named Modem.bin only! Not modem(1).bin! rename it if a number comes between!

Use it with care!

All Firmwares!

Flashing Guide for WiFi fix:

Download the files at the end of this list.
    •Open Odin.exe
    •Select Modem.bin in the PHONE tab. NOT PDA!
    •Flash it and wait till phone restarts.

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS AND OTHER VERSION IS THAT THIS IS THE MF1 FOR ML2 WiFi and IMEI

Downloads:
    Odin: http://speedy.sh/nZEPB/Odin3-v3.07.rar
    MF1 Modem.bin: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/108665483/modem.bin Thanks EyeGee!
    ML2 Modem.bin: https://www.mediafire.com/?4g2p1rm4od89c0j

I hope you guys enjoyed my guide!
    I figured this out (My phone was broken... :( ) and wanted to share :)
    They wanted me to pay 200$ to fix the IMEi.

Hit thanks if it helped :)
    -TransformixS4​
    Odin Flashable FIX's on Android 4.3: NON-HLOS.bin and Modem.bin

Odin flashable NON-HLOS.bin (called WiFi FIX) for Samsung Galaxy S4 Active SGH-i537

Use it with care!

Flashing Guide for WiFi fix:

•Open Odin.exe
    •Select NON-HLOS.bin in the PHONE tab. NOT PDA!

Odin flashable Modem.bin (called Modem FIX) for Samsung Galaxy S4 Active SGH-i537
    Flashing Guide for IMEI repair:

•Open Odin.exe
    •Select Modem.bin in the PHONE tab. NOT PDA!

Downloads:
    Odin: http://speedy.sh/nZEPB/Odin3-v3.07.rar
    Modem.bin: http://speedy.sh/vpdty/modem.bin
    NON-HLOS.bin: http://speedy.sh/DFVkQ/NON-HLOS.bin

I hope you guys enjoyed my guide!
    I figured this out (My phone was broken... :( ) and wanted to share :)
    They wanted me to pay 200$ to fix the IMEi.

Hit thanks if it helped :)
    -TransformixS4​

This is great news, thank you for posting this. Any chance you could get these files for MI2 or MF1 as well? It would be great if people could fix their ONE I without having to flash ML2 firmware.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

not working for me it restarts my phone but still dont work

You don't have ML2 firmware, thus it won't work for you.
    Strange, as for me - it not work on my i537 with damaged IMEI and firmware I537UCUBML2:

QNZ10.jpg

Full log:
    Code:
    <ID:0/060> Added!!
    <ID:1/116> Added!!
    <ID:0/060> Odin v.3 engine (ID:60)..
    <ID:1/116> Odin v.3 engine (ID:116)..
    <ID:0/060> File analysis..
    <ID:1/116> File analysis..
    <ID:0/060> SetupConnection..
    <ID:1/116> SetupConnection..
    <ID:1/116> Initialzation..
    <ID:1/116> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:1/116> Firmware update start..
    <ID:1/116> ML2 Modem.bin
    <ID:1/116> NAND Write Start!! 
    <ID:1/116> Transmission Complete.. 
    <ID:1/116> Now Writing.. Please wait about 2 minutes
    <ID:1/116> Receive Response from boot-loader
    <ID:1/116> FAIL!
    <ID:0/060> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 2)

Why did you rename it?
    Just keep it modem.bin
    If that doesn't work update your BL by downloading ML2 Odin and only flash BL. I that isn't it it is because it disconnects from your computer. Try a different cable.
    didnt work flashing ml2 on 4.4.2 for imei repair.... keeps failing...flashed ml1 no problem but still no imei...

Flashed MF1 in Phone? NOT PDA? try to flash it in Odin 3.09 in CP. That worked for me.
    Flashed MF1 in Phone? NOT PDA? try to flash it in Odin 3.09 in CP. That worked for me.

I've flashed ML2 in both Odin 3.07 and 3.09 (Phone/CP) and am receiving that same error message

Code:
    <ID:0/003> Added!!
    <ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
    <ID:0/003> File analysis..
    <ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/003> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/003> modem.bin
    <ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!! 
    <ID:0/003> Transmission Complete.. 
    <ID:0/003> Now Writing.. Please wait about 2 minutes
    <ID:0/003> Receive Response from boot-loader
    <ID:0/003> FAIL! (Auth)
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)