[Q] Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O Limited Edition update to 3.1

Search This thread

cisox

Feb 24, 2007
I just emailed the Samsung dev email from the Google I/O Device page. Hopefully I receive a meaningful response.

wootner

Mar 6, 2010
10.1 I/o Edition

Guys ...I cant install adobe flash on my tablet and some of the apps from market are not visible and or wont install.. any ideas ?:confused:

xEVILFREDx

Jan 13, 2011
NY
I guess nobody got any luck in response. I say all that receive there Limited Edition 10.1 email Samsung until they put a press release or reply to someone. This is so unprofessional on there behalf.

Archangel

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
I did and will everyday til i get something,,,,logic would dictate there is not going ot be an update for 3.1 since all the tabs coming out have it so hopefully they do something or it will be avail to load once the tabs come out

I guess nobody got any luck in response. I say all that receive there Limited Edition 10.1 email Samsung until they put a press release or reply to someone. This is so unprofessional on there behalf.

twigster

Nov 16, 2009
Johannesburg
I have the galaxy tab 10.1V and had no issue with my flash installation, so not sure why you say it isnt compatible with tablets

xEVILFREDx

Jan 13, 2011
NY
I got an e-mail from Samsung stating they have no idea when will the google IO limited edition tab will get an OTA update. Will post the e-mail here shortyl.

songmeesay

May 18, 2011
I think happilyaccosted was more referring to why some apps don't show up in the market on a tablet when he said "not compatible with tablets" and not that Flash wasn't compatible.

xEVILFREDx

Jan 13, 2011
NY
Dear FGARCIA25,

Thank you for your inquiry. We are unable to speculate when/if a software revision with this feature might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion.

Should this be available, it will be posted in our website or you will be informed by your service provider.

Please feel free to check with us periodically for updates

Thank you for your continued interest in Samsung products.

Sincerely,

Technical Support

Marge

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

yay pie

Jan 23, 2011
If there is no OTA on Wednesday when the retail model is released, I assume it won't be long before someone who got one in NYC posts a system dump.

xEVILFREDx

Jan 13, 2011
NY
If there is no OTA on Wednesday when the retail model is released, I assume it won't be long before someone who got one in NYC posts a system dump.

Which I agree.. Just don't understand as to why these where handed out to developers when its design to be tested for 3.1.... Especially when there is no option for United States OTA.

yay pie

Jan 23, 2011
Which I agree.. Just don't understand as to why these where handed out to developers when its design to be tested for 3.1.... Especially when there is no option for United States OTA.

I think part of the reason it was handed out (besides publicity for Samsung) was to get some developers a real 3.X device to do any development on, and write some app, any app. Google needs Honeycomb apps up on the market, bad. At that point not having 3.1 yet isn't that big a deal. The Honeycomb emulator is a pile of suck and Google admitted as much at the conference, so this is a way to get people making stuff.

And if they can't directly OTA these things up to 3.1 from the gimped version of 3.0 that's on them right now, that doesn't seem like that big a deal. Google/Samsung can always email people instructions to go flash a zip; if you got on a plane to SF to go to an Android developer conference then an "adb push" and reboot should be a piece of cake for you :)

falconeight

Nov 10, 2010
Colorado Springs
I think part of the reason it was handed out (besides publicity for Samsung) was to get some developers a real 3.X device to do any development on, and write some app, any app. Google needs Honeycomb apps up on the market, bad. At that point not having 3.1 yet isn't that big a deal. The Honeycomb emulator is a pile of suck and Google admitted as much at the conference, so this is a way to get people making stuff.

And if they can't directly OTA these things up to 3.1 from the gimped version of 3.0 that's on them right now, that doesn't seem like that big a deal. Google/Samsung can always email people instructions to go flash a zip; if you got on a plane to SF to go to an Android developer conference then an "adb push" and reboot should be a piece of cake for you :)

Well it didnt work since they all sold them on ebay

Reactions: mebedaman

MountainX

Dear FGARCIA25,

Thank you for your inquiry. We are unable to speculate when/if a software revision with this feature might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion.

Should this be available, it will be posted in our website or you will be informed by your service provider.

Please feel free to check with us periodically for updates

Thank you for your continued interest in Samsung products.

Sincerely,

Technical Support

Marge

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

Can you share the email address to contact as well as the web page? Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    how to unbrick and flash OTA

If you get the "failed to update firmware try again using PC software kies or visit a server centre" message, please make sure you unplug the USB cable. That worked for me.

To Unbrick:
    ========
    I also was stuck in bootloop ( alternate between samsung logo and the swirling electronis) after the 3.1 update.
    I had to :
    use the boot and recovery from http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/sys-backup/
    and the system image from http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3140021/new.img.zip described here http://xdaforums.com/archive/index.php/t-1081325.html

The procedure is as follow:

when off ( make sure it is off and not with the battery charging screen. or from battery chargin screen... keep [power] down to turn off completely ), keep [power] and the [down-vol] keys down until ( this takes only about 4 seconds)
    two icons ( USB and Downloading) appears
    then
    [Down-vol] to highlight USB icon
    [Up-volume] to enter fastboot/bootloader mode

c:\dir>fastboot flash system new.img

c:\dir>fastboot flash boot boot.img

c:\dir>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

c:\dir>fastboot -w <--- to wipe userdata and cache

c:\dir>fastboot reboot

Well it didnt work since they all sold them on ebay
    Can you confirm if the image gallery has been fixed. 3.0 really butchered the images until you zoomed in a little. Is it still like that?
    I don't really remember running into that before, but as of right now images look just as they should for me, so I'm gonna say it's fixed. Though, the gallery is way the heck faster now, that's for sure.

Hope that's at least somewhat helpful.
    Yes, absolutely. How long was "quite a long time". The logo glows for about 15 seconds then the intro animation. Repeat... repeat... repeat. Did you go through cycles of this?
    No, mine didn't go through cycles. Mine just goes like this:

downloading (2-3 minutes) -> Shutting down -> low res progress bar 0-50% (2-3 minutes) -> low res progress bar 51-85% (5 minutes) -> low res progress bar 86-100% (5 minutes) -> samsung "swishy" galaxy animation -> glowing logo (another 5 minutes) -> lockscreen
    I agree. I did a diff of my system dump against the posted one and it was exact - no differences in the system image. I still can't get past 13%.
    Check the ClockworkMod Recovery thread. Try flashing stock boot.img and recovery.img via fastboot and then it should go beyond 13%.