[REQUEST][ROM]CM9-Based ROM {Lending Mine Possible}

Search This thread

EirikrHinnRauthi

Yes, we just got our own forums and YES it seems a bit pointless to be offering this up right away.

However, I've been reading up on ROM kitchens, etc, and I am *very* eager and excited to start playing with the newest ICS build for the Mediapad.

If anyone starts working on any CWM-9 based ROM, I would more than gladly be an active tester. My tablet currently acts as a daily Pandora-listening device, so I am more than willing to test nightly/bi-nightly/4x per day builds, whatever you request.

My tablet is at your command. Heck, if you need to remote into my PC to access the tablet, I can set up a dedicated computer connected to the Springboard, just for you.

Otherwise, I am also very much willing to temporarily donate/lend my device to a credible dev who would like to work on this.

Klacik

Aug 26, 2009
great idea to start a thread like this..
i'm also willing to do alpha/beta testing of some new custom ROMs for our lovely MediaPad :)

hiko36

Jul 2, 2009
Dallas
I have installed them on my huawei phone,-not noticed much difference.

patch

manual install

maybe try it on the pad? remember to edit build prop and set composition type to gpu.

Wouldn't the ICS build we're running already have this driver?

I'm working on a CM9 port now but it'll be my first ROM ever so it's slow going haha. It will happen though.

Klacik

Aug 26, 2009
i think they're already on the MediaPad, but we can try this...
anybody can post a short list of steps, how to install it on the MediaPad?

or is it just as simple as extracting the zip to /system folder and modifying the build.prop?

i've checked the files on mediapad already:
- /system/etc/firmware -> has the "leia" and "yamato" files, but doesn't have the "a255" and "a300" files...
- /system/lib -> this folder doesn't exist at all

hiko36 said:
I'm working on a CM9 port now but it'll be my first ROM ever so it's slow going haha. It will happen though.

that's excellent news hiko36 :)
let us know if you need testing, or anything we can provide you with, to help you on this journey ;)

mblaster

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 2, 2007
i think they're already on the MediaPad, but we can try this...
anybody can post a short list of steps, how to install it on the MediaPad?

or is it just as simple as extracting the zip to /system folder and modifying the build.prop?

i've checked the files on mediapad already:
- /system/etc/firmware -> has the "leia" and "yamato" files, but doesn't have the "a255" and "a300" files...
- /system/lib -> this folder doesn't exist at all

that's excellent news hiko36 :)
let us know if you need testing, or anything we can provide you with, to help you on this journey ;)

Yes, they are already there and they are more performance oriented than the genaral drivers (NenaMark2: 33.2 fps for the general driver vs. 37.9 for the one already there). Tried it by adb pushing the new driver files to the mediapad.

€: /system/lib did not exist on your device? What firmware do you use?

Klacik

Aug 26, 2009
Yes, they are already there and they are more performance oriented than the genaral drivers (NenaMark2: 33.2 fps for the general driver vs. 37.9 for the one already there). Tried it by adb pushing the new driver files to the mediapad.

€: /system/lib did not exist on your device? What firmware do you use?

thanks for the information.. i'm not going to try it then

i'm using the ics b010, but the /system/lib exists.. i must've been blind or something.. maybe i've looked ih /system/etc... sorry, my bad :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have installed them on my huawei phone,-not noticed much difference.

patch

manual install

maybe try it on the pad? remember to edit build prop and set composition type to gpu.

Wouldn't the ICS build we're running already have this driver?