[Flash tool]Unlocking bootloader||Flashing||Root||Recovery installer||APK installer

Search This thread

->Sid

May 18, 2012
Ahmedabad
Hie.. Guys..
you will find almost everything here regarding flashtool n unlocking bootloader..

-->Even Link to see manufacturing date using imei number

these are the basic steps to go through while using flash tool..
correct me if any where required..

Warning these can brick you're phone..​

REQUIREMENT

-->P.C companion should be installed on your computer for required phone drivers. ( i.e semc drivers for usb connection)

-->enable debugging in settings-application-development.

-->download flash tool
http://androxyde.github.com/

-->install flashtool

-->install drivers from C:\Flashtool\drivers (also gordane gate[ggsetup] that are also drivers required)[after installation it would be good to reboot p.c once]

--> on first connection flash tool might ask to select you're device from a list in dialouge box that will appear, just select our x8 E15i(even for W8)

Let us start with ROOTING​

1)Connect your x8/w8 to p.c and open flash tool..{donot turn on usb connection let it be in charging mod}

2)now click on the root tab in flash tool as shown in the image attached..

3)wait untill the process is over.. during these the phone will reboot and will get the dialouge box asking for connecting phone or charging(the one that appears when we connect USB)

4)don't do anything just wait for phone to reboot and complete the process.. after reboot the process will go on so wait for the line "ROOT ACCESS ALLOWED" to appear in flash tool..

5)then you're phone is rooted now you can unpluge.. :good:

Now lets go for INSTALLING RECOVERY​

1)open flashtool and connect you're phone.. {donot turn on usb connection let it be in charging mod}

2)Now click the recovery tab and leave the rest to flash tool

3)you will see "Recovery successfully installed" and you're done

APK INSTALLER​

1)for these you will have to first put apk files of the apps you want to install in
C:\Flashtool\custom\apps

2)NOw again connect phone same as we did and open flash tool..

3)click APK installer tab and wait for the process to be over "APK Installation finished"..

THESE ONE IS TO FLASH KERNELS AND RESCUE YOU'RE BRICKED PHONE BY FLASHING STOCK ROM ALSO IN CASE OF BRICK​

1)download ".ftf" file, (that can be kernel or stock rom) and place it(.ftf file) to the C:\Flashtool\firmwares director (to flash custom kernel you require unlocked bootloader)

Stock rom

2)now launch the flashtool and connect usb to computer. (do not connect usb to your phone)

3)click "flash" tab then select flashmode.

4)switch of your x8.

5)select the ".ftf" file to be flashed to your device

6)When the instruction pops up, press and hold "back" button on your X8 and plug the cable into it. Keep holding untill you see that flashing of files has begun(LED GREEN APPEARS) , then you may release it. (plug only when the instruction's pop up)

7)when it's done unplug and reboot.

If you get the downloded file as zip instead of .ftf just rename it to .ftf..:D

That's all you are done.. ;)

correct me if anywere required..

Here's the another use of FLASH TOOL.
its for unlocking bootloader..​

WARNING- THESE CAN HARD BRICK YOUR PHONE I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR IT

Try unlocking you're bootloader only if you don't have manufacturing date 11W29+

To check you're manufacturing date look at you're phone's back after removing the battery..
Or if you have scratched it of or have got another hardware as you got hardbrick once have a look here..
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1700465

You must have flashtool installed with required drivers stated above..

First you must check you're sim certifacte using S1tool
http://www.mediafire.com/?iwnjno9hirpgcm1

1)switch off your phone

2)open s1tool.exe after unzip

3)Select IDENTIFY and then click on "DO JOB"

4)now as the instructions appear connect your phone holding back button untill the process starts(and green LED).

4)now after the process is done look out for " XXXX SIMLOCK CERTIFICATE"

If you get it then you can go ahead.. if you get "NOT RECOGNIZED SIM LOCK CERTIFICATE" then I would recomend not to unlock bootloader..

NOW
1)open flashtool and connect your phone(phone should be on)

2)your phone will be recognized.

3)if your phone isn't recognized then a window will pop up asking you to select the device you have(i.e you have connected)

4)now select plugins/(insert you're device name) and click unlock/run

5)now a window will popup asking you to connect your phone in flash mode..

i)unplug usb from your device(donot unplug usb from p.c)

ii)switch off your phone and now again connect usb while pressing and holding on "back" button (of your cell) untill the green LED appear and the popup message is gone..

6)now wait untill the process is done and flash tool will ask u to disconnect your device..

7)now after disconecting your device, turn it on and connect the usb cable again, let flashtool push the required files in to your phone. when it is done flash tool will have a message "succefully unlocked" and your device will reboot.

u can use S1tool to verify it..

CHECK--- "9/9/2011 21:45:46 RUNNING S1_EROM VER "r8A029""

If you get the "r" in place of "#" congrats..

If "#" is replaced by "R" then its not unlocked..

If you don't have network signal on inserting sim after unlocking bootloader..

Relock you're bootloader using S1 tool after getting back to stock rom of our x8/w8 i.e 2.1 and unlock it again..
How to relock bootloder??!!
Here--->http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1436924

Donot forget to hit thanx if these helps you or you like it.. :)

Good luck.. ;)

Thank's a lot--- To SpyderX from where i got these knowledge while unlocking my bootloader
->Zmuhammx

Attachments

• flashtool.jpg
    flashtool.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 8,702
  • flashtool1.jpg
    flashtool1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 7,883
  • flashtool2.jpg
    flashtool2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 7,629
  • flashtool3.jpg
    flashtool3.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 7,069
Last edited:

cascabel

May 27, 2012
a city in a galaxy far far away
Nc guide. Specially the point abt needing to have pcc installed before using flastool - it's a newbie trap that caught me once before.:D But i think you posted on the wrong section?:)

Sent from my X8 using xda premium

->Sid

May 18, 2012
Ahmedabad
Ya thought so before but i saw a few guides around so i thought of posting here..
And thanx for the compliment i am glad that it would help some one..

Sent by the walking walkman..

Reactions: nelikp

->Sid

May 18, 2012
Ahmedabad
Going to add guide to.unock.bootloader using flash tool...

Last edited:
Reactions: nelikp

obaidshera

Jun 24, 2012
Welcome to S1 tool.

TO CONNECT NEXT PHONES
X10 Xperia,E10 Xperia Mini,E15 Xperia X8,U20 Xperia Mini Pro
LT15 Xperia ARC,MT15 Xperia NEO,R800 Xperia PLAY
PRESS AND HOLD "BACK" BUTTON...

PLEASE ATTACH TURNED OFF PHONE NOW

RUNNING S1_EROM VER "R8A029"
SOFTWARE AID: 0001
LOADER AID: 0001
llbug:blk write fail.fatal
can't send S1 command [00000006/00000007]
LOADER NOT STARTED
Elapsed:48 secs.

when i attached my phone with S1 tool and connect it by holding down the back button it showed this message my question is my bootloader is unlock or still lock? and what does its mean "llbug:blk write fail.fatal"

2010matej

Account currently disabled
Sep 27, 2011
Maribor
www.youtube.com
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Welcome to S1 tool.

TO CONNECT NEXT PHONES
X10 Xperia,E10 Xperia Mini,E15 Xperia X8,U20 Xperia Mini Pro
LT15 Xperia ARC,MT15 Xperia NEO,R800 Xperia PLAY
PRESS AND HOLD "BACK" BUTTON...

PLEASE ATTACH TURNED OFF PHONE NOW

RUNNING S1_EROM VER "R8A029"
SOFTWARE AID: 0001
LOADER AID: 0001
llbug:blk write fail.fatal
can't send S1 command [00000006/00000007]
LOADER NOT STARTED
Elapsed:48 secs.

when i attached my phone with S1 tool and connect it by holding down the back button it showed this message my question is my bootloader is unlock or still lock? and what does its mean "llbug:blk write fail.fatal"

Enable USB DEBUGGING (application/development in settings lol)

->Sid

May 18, 2012
Ahmedabad
The 'R' in the line "running S1_EROM.." shows that you're bootloader isn't unlocked...

Last edited:
Reactions: obaidshera

obaidshera

Jun 24, 2012
when i try to check sim status on s1tool nothing happened i mean when i pressed the back button and hold it and connect the usb but nothing happen :/ what i do wrong? i have install flash tool plus drivers.

->Sid

May 18, 2012
Ahmedabad
Have you enabled debugging..
Also you need pc companion on you're p.c.. try once connecting it normaly with pcc to confirm that all drivers are present and it does connect through usb..

Last edited:

obaidshera

Jun 24, 2012
yes i have checked debugging option and my cell phone was off too and when i connect my device with pc through cable when cell phone was off it wasn't show any error till green light turn off and phone start to charging :/

->Sid

May 18, 2012
Ahmedabad
What about pcc.. tried connecting normally to pcc..?
Is you're phone rooted..

Last edited:

->Sid

May 18, 2012
Ahmedabad
Now try connecting to S1 tool..
First select IDENTIFY on the left top then select do job then as the instruction appear connect you're switched off x8 to usb(usb should already b connected to pc) holding back button untill the process starts..
Pleasr reply wether it helps or not..

obaidshera

Jun 24, 2012
Now try connecting to S1 tool..
First select IDENTIFY on the left top then select do job then as the instruction appear connect you're switched off x8 to usb(usb should already b connected to pc) holding back button untill the process starts..
Pleasr reply wether it helps or not..

i did exactly what u told me but same result :(

->Sid

May 18, 2012
Ahmedabad
ok.. are you on a custom rom??
one last thing you can try switch off you're phone open flashtool, don't do anything in flashtool, now just connect you're phone in flashmod similar to s1tool by holding back key untill process starts or green LED.
You're phone wiil be identified or it will ask you to select you're phone from a list..
if these also doesn't work then you can try factory reset/delvikcache wipe and try it or even after these last one revert to stock rom 2.1 and then everything will be fine..

Last edited:

obaidshera

Jun 24, 2012
one last thing you can try switch off you're phone open flashtool, don't do anything in flashtool, now just connect you're phone in flashmod similar to s1tool by holding back key untill process starts or green LED.
You're phone wiil be identified or it will ask you to select you're phone from a list..
if these also doesn't work then you can try factory reset/delvikcache wipe and try it or even after these last one revert to stock rom 2.1 and then everything will be fine..

i will try and then let u know thanks for ur effort :) btw tell me one thing custom kernel will support multitouch? actually today i had installed sega emu but multi touch wasn't working i m using custom rom GDX v028b

risz

Mar 23, 2012
kuala lumpur
need help here..i have unlock BL xperia x8 11W25, and its work..but after i install costum kernal nAa 13, and costum rom CM7, this device stuck on nAa animation..and i have install many rom compatible on nAa kernal, but the result is same.. any solution??

->Sid

May 18, 2012
Ahmedabad
i will try and then let u know thanks for ur effort :) btw tell me one thing custom kernel will support multitouch? actually today i had installed sega emu but multi touch wasn't working i m using custom rom GDX v028b

yup.. almost all roms 99% here support multi touch wether it's on stock kernel or custom kernel..
or you can get multitouch by you're own just follow these steps

Download Link ax8mt.ko
http://www.mediafire.com/?ox2h7e3o8pphamf

How to get multitouch W8
1) Copy ax8mt.ko to sdcard
2) Open the root explorer
3) Go to sdcard and then move ax8mt.ko to system/lib/modules
4) Before your paste make sure your tap Mount/Ro and then paste
5) Quit root explorer
6) Open Terminal Emulator
7) Type su
8) Type insmod /system/lib/modules/ax8mt.ko (then enter)
9) Type dmesg(enter)

Enjoy your Multitouch :)
it has littel bug in browser, doesn't work dat well but is fine..

Last edited:

->Sid

May 18, 2012
Ahmedabad
need help here..i have unlock BL xperia x8 11W25, and its work..but after i install costum kernal nAa 13, and costum rom CM7, this device stuck on nAa animation..and i have install many rom compatible on nAa kernal, but the result is same.. any solution??

download the kernel again.. flash it..
full wipe data factory dalvik cache
flash gapps if required by the rom.

Reactions: risz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hie.. Guys..
    you will find almost everything here regarding flashtool n unlocking bootloader..

-->Even Link to see manufacturing date using imei number

these are the basic steps to go through while using flash tool..
    correct me if any where required..

Warning these can brick you're phone..​

REQUIREMENT

-->P.C companion should be installed on your computer for required phone drivers. ( i.e semc drivers for usb connection)

-->enable debugging in settings-application-development.

-->download flash tool
    http://androxyde.github.com/

-->install flashtool

-->install drivers from C:\Flashtool\drivers (also gordane gate[ggsetup] that are also drivers required)[after installation it would be good to reboot p.c once]

--> on first connection flash tool might ask to select you're device from a list in dialouge box that will appear, just select our x8 E15i(even for W8)

Let us start with ROOTING​

1)Connect your x8/w8 to p.c and open flash tool..{donot turn on usb connection let it be in charging mod}

2)now click on the root tab in flash tool as shown in the image attached..

3)wait untill the process is over.. during these the phone will reboot and will get the dialouge box asking for connecting phone or charging(the one that appears when we connect USB)

4)don't do anything just wait for phone to reboot and complete the process.. after reboot the process will go on so wait for the line "ROOT ACCESS ALLOWED" to appear in flash tool..

5)then you're phone is rooted now you can unpluge.. :good:

Now lets go for INSTALLING RECOVERY​

1)open flashtool and connect you're phone.. {donot turn on usb connection let it be in charging mod}

2)Now click the recovery tab and leave the rest to flash tool

3)you will see "Recovery successfully installed" and you're done

APK INSTALLER​

1)for these you will have to first put apk files of the apps you want to install in
    C:\Flashtool\custom\apps

2)NOw again connect phone same as we did and open flash tool..

3)click APK installer tab and wait for the process to be over "APK Installation finished"..

THESE ONE IS TO FLASH KERNELS AND RESCUE YOU'RE BRICKED PHONE BY FLASHING STOCK ROM ALSO IN CASE OF BRICK​

1)download ".ftf" file, (that can be kernel or stock rom) and place it(.ftf file) to the C:\Flashtool\firmwares director (to flash custom kernel you require unlocked bootloader)

Stock rom

2)now launch the flashtool and connect usb to computer. (do not connect usb to your phone)

3)click "flash" tab then select flashmode.

4)switch of your x8.

5)select the ".ftf" file to be flashed to your device

6)When the instruction pops up, press and hold "back" button on your X8 and plug the cable into it. Keep holding untill you see that flashing of files has begun(LED GREEN APPEARS) , then you may release it. (plug only when the instruction's pop up)

7)when it's done unplug and reboot.

If you get the downloded file as zip instead of .ftf just rename it to .ftf..:D

That's all you are done.. ;)

correct me if anywere required..

Here's the another use of FLASH TOOL.
    its for unlocking bootloader..​

WARNING- THESE CAN HARD BRICK YOUR PHONE I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR IT

Try unlocking you're bootloader only if you don't have manufacturing date 11W29+

To check you're manufacturing date look at you're phone's back after removing the battery..
    Or if you have scratched it of or have got another hardware as you got hardbrick once have a look here..
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1700465

You must have flashtool installed with required drivers stated above..

First you must check you're sim certifacte using S1tool
    http://www.mediafire.com/?iwnjno9hirpgcm1

1)switch off your phone

2)open s1tool.exe after unzip

3)Select IDENTIFY and then click on "DO JOB"

4)now as the instructions appear connect your phone holding back button untill the process starts(and green LED).

4)now after the process is done look out for " XXXX SIMLOCK CERTIFICATE"

If you get it then you can go ahead.. if you get "NOT RECOGNIZED SIM LOCK CERTIFICATE" then I would recomend not to unlock bootloader..

NOW
    1)open flashtool and connect your phone(phone should be on)

2)your phone will be recognized.

3)if your phone isn't recognized then a window will pop up asking you to select the device you have(i.e you have connected)

4)now select plugins/(insert you're device name) and click unlock/run

5)now a window will popup asking you to connect your phone in flash mode..

i)unplug usb from your device(donot unplug usb from p.c)

ii)switch off your phone and now again connect usb while pressing and holding on "back" button (of your cell) untill the green LED appear and the popup message is gone..

6)now wait untill the process is done and flash tool will ask u to disconnect your device..

7)now after disconecting your device, turn it on and connect the usb cable again, let flashtool push the required files in to your phone. when it is done flash tool will have a message "succefully unlocked" and your device will reboot.

u can use S1tool to verify it..

CHECK--- "9/9/2011 21:45:46 RUNNING S1_EROM VER "r8A029""

If you get the "r" in place of "#" congrats..

If "#" is replaced by "R" then its not unlocked..

If you don't have network signal on inserting sim after unlocking bootloader..

Relock you're bootloader using S1 tool after getting back to stock rom of our x8/w8 i.e 2.1 and unlock it again..
    How to relock bootloder??!!
    Here--->http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1436924

Donot forget to hit thanx if these helps you or you like it.. :)

Good luck.. ;)

Thank's a lot--- To SpyderX from where i got these knowledge while unlocking my bootloader
    ->Zmuhammx
    Ya thought so before but i saw a few guides around so i thought of posting here..
    And thanx for the compliment i am glad that it would help some one..

Going to add guide to.unock.bootloader using flash tool...
    The 'R' in the line "running S1_EROM.." shows that you're bootloader isn't unlocked...