root XT1052

Search This thread

toroloco73

Feb 11, 2012
hello from Italy,

i'm an happy owner of a new Motorola Moto X XT1052 with stock KK rom

now i want to root my device, to use TB, Grenefy and other app that need root access

i know that i have to unlock bootloader before flash the cwm and flash the supersu apk...

is there any way to unlock bootloader without ask code to Motorola? is there any way to lock bootloader in case i want back warranty?

Thanks boys

piskr

Sep 17, 2007
Sony Xperia 5 IV
Sony Xperia 1 V
Rooting and warranty in EU

hello from Italy,

i'm an happy owner of a new Motorola Moto X XT1052 with stock KK rom

now i want to root my device, to use TB, Grenefy and other app that need root access

i know that i have to unlock bootloader before flash the cwm and flash the supersu apk...

is there any way to unlock bootloader without ask code to Motorola? is there any way to lock bootloader in case i want back warranty?

Thanks boys

You don't automatically lose your warranty in EU if you root your phone and even if you unlock the bootloader.
In EU you are covered with the Directive 99/44/EC and appropriate national legislation in your country. Any seller's contract which doesn't meet commercial guaranty provisions either laid down in the Directive or in your national legislation is void regarding provisions in conflict (Non-conformity of the commercial guarantee with the provisions of the Directive does not affect its validity and the consumer may still require that the guarantee be honored). So rooting or unlocking the bootloader despite otherwise stated in the contract doesn't affect the warranty as long as the seller can't prove that the failure or malfunction of the device is a result of a misuse or damage out of seller's or producer's responsibility. It's a simple question of burden of proof: Buyer must prove malfunction of the device within two years period after purchase if he wants to claim seller's responsibility and seller shall prove that malfunction derives from circumstances caused from inappropriate use or damage whether he want to be excluded from responsibility.
You have nothing to lose if you restore the original state before submitting the phone to service. Make nandroid immediately after rooting and flash original sbf from Motorola website before using a service and you are set. Of course there is a completely different story if you damage android system so badly that you can't get back to the original. The seller is not obliged to mess with your modification of the system.
And you are covered with the legislation only when you buy a phone as a natural person. the Directive 99/44/EC doesn't cover rights of legal persons regarding warranty claims.
I have my bootloader unlocked for nearly half a year now and I feel totally comfortable.

piskr

Sep 17, 2007
Sony Xperia 5 IV
Sony Xperia 1 V
in Italy if you root the device you lose warranty....

You mean: It is rumored that you lose warranty if you root the phone in Italy. Italy adopted the above mentioned directive in 2005 and this directive doesn't permit any deviation toward a detriment of consumer's rights. It's the service providers who spread a word about lost warranty in case of the rooted phone. It's easy and profitable to refuse any service on the ground of unpermitted modification. But rooting is not unpermitted neither it void warranty. If you stand up for your rights they'll recognise their obligation.